COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Doing dealings with my self :)

I am not sure anyone will be able to answer my question but here goes. Lets say I am a mayor and I have an alt. Will I be able to make contracts with my alt for work or goods what have you? If I choose to spark my alt as a ward of the state can I then adopt her into my mains family? I would have to deal with my alt in OPC form I am guessing. But do we know if this is possible? Can you make contracts with OPCs?

11/30/2018 10:06:59 AM #1

There should be nothing that hinders you, as far as I know. Maybe you cant create contracts between the same account, but I don't know about that.

11/30/2018 10:18:10 AM #2

You can do all that, but be careful who you marry.

11/30/2018 1:26:47 PM #3

This is straight up nepotism at the highest level.

I like it.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

11/30/2018 2:09:47 PM #4

Adoption defeats the purpose of being a ward and the benefit of choosing one, quite sure it won't be possible.

However you can marry the alt in to your family.

Regarding contracts with your alt, that one is kind of in the air. I don't think they currently intend to allow us to accept contracts if we aren't online on that character to actually do so.

11/30/2018 4:34:14 PM #5

Adoption in that form won’t be a thing been mentioned before and vetoed by the powers that be.

OPCs should be able to enter into contracts. Nobility were billed as the quest givers for an area, mercenary work and the like so there would need to be a way to create jobs/contracts that be accepted while the giver is offline. So trades, sales, missions, and such should be possible to create ahead of time and dole out as people speak to your OPC.

Marrying an OPC... cannot confirm but fairly certain marriage contracts would need to be between to live characters rather than an OPC being involved. Too many ways to exploit the system and trick / exploit someone into an unfavorable marriage otherwise.

12/1/2018 8:49:03 AM #6

OPC's can enter into contracts? I would have thought the only way to interact contractually with an alt on the same account would be via open contracts such as job postings. Otherwise wouldn't both parties need to be online at the same time?

Will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
12/1/2018 9:59:59 AM #7

I think a good viable alternative to this problem is when you start your main character, also start an alt ward of the state with the desired bloodline.

When it becomes the "make an heir" part of your story, well... make one. And then you can have a half blooded heir at the very least.

I only say this though because I have been thinking about having a highly customized opc alt for a minute now and haven't thought of a convincing argument to not do it yet.

12/5/2018 11:01:15 AM #8

As I understand it, OPCs are only limited by your ability to programme them.

It should be possible to include conditions in your script, like: Only accept marriage proposals and contracts from 'this character'.

I'm grappling with the morality of sparking an OPC sidekick, a guard to accompany me along my travels. Depending on the flexibility available to us, I imagine many will be making use of OPC alts in unique and fascinating ways.

Sir Ersmont, of the fallen House Lagarde. Cartographer and explorer extraordinaire. Join him in his ignoble quest to sire heirs in the twelve tribes.

12/5/2018 2:04:04 PM #9

Posted By UnknowingFool at 02:49 AM - Sat Dec 01 2018

OPC's can enter into contracts? I would have thought the only way to interact contractually with an alt on the same account would be via open contracts such as job postings. Otherwise wouldn't both parties need to be online at the same time?

Why wouldn’t an OPC be able to use contracts?

NPCs function this way which is why I would be surprised OPCs couldn’t.

You cannot create a contract with an NPC, but rather you accept or decline the contract as offered BY the NPC. Basically NPC says I offer X for $Y. You can accept or decline.

OPCs especially nobility would almost have to be setup this way otherwise bandits and commerce would grind to a halt within a domain when the noble is offline. So no reason I cannot create a contract while online and have my script work like an NPC and offer it as is to people for them to accept or decline.