COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
A game mechanic question on wood

Main Question: Is wood drying going to be a thing?

It is estimated that for every inch of thickness it takes about a year (one week in the game) to air dry a piece of timber into a usable piece of lumber.

As a shipwright who is looking to own his own lumber mill, I was wondering if COE will be taking into account pre-process preparation of goods such as wood or if it will be stickied with a timer that says becomes usable in a number of hours. Or possibly have to track that ourselves.

Luna server. Brudvir, Mayor/Shipwright/Lumberjack/Hunter. Kingdom Vornair, Duchy Dawn's Reach, county Penhook Bridge, Town: Amber Harbor, Currently, have 2500 EP at my disposal to develop my business. Friend Code: AB0DD0

11/30/2018 8:30:01 PM #1

As I'll be a Lumberjack/Boyer/Carpenter with my town focusing primarily on those, I'm interested in that question as well. Every place I've read (and my research has been extensively done) there hasn't been a mention of wood drying times, but I'd imagine that would be the case.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

11/30/2018 8:39:30 PM #2

This is a very good question, you should have put it in General instead of Luna.

Alt text - can be left blank

11/30/2018 9:07:12 PM #3

I think there will be, I have no proof but if look at how they want to do crafting it would make sense to include it. Check out this post :

Click here

It pretty much breaks down their crafting in: Gathering , Processing, Combining, and then Final product. They want crafting to take time. If you look at other mmos with wood working in them they normally skip the drying for wood. It would make sense for CoE to include this step as a way adding processing time to crafting.

11/30/2018 10:08:23 PM #4

Posted By Deftly at 4:07 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

I think there will be, I have no proof but if look at how they want to do crafting it would make sense to include it. Check out this post :

Click here

It pretty much breaks down their crafting in: Gathering , Processing, Combining, and then Final product. They want crafting to take time. If you look at other mmos with wood working in them they normally skip the drying for wood. It would make sense for CoE to include this step as a way adding processing time to crafting.

I was thinking about that but the process is just to wait so I don't know if the pre-processing of the wood was thought of. If you don't wait for the amount of time then the quality of the board turns to junk but the actual "experience" of waiting is just someone standing there saying "look at all this wood!" not to mention that if a board if 3 inches thick then the process would take 3 human weeks but for massive beams used to build ships or Manors could be a foot or so thick. All of this sounds like great gameplay to me, not to mention the pricing and housing for the wood will increase the charge of different products. This also means that the way they store the wood and the design of houses will take into account all of these stats and that's where I wonder if they will have a problem implementing it. I also moved the question to general chat. Thank you!

Luna server. Brudvir, Mayor/Shipwright/Lumberjack/Hunter. Kingdom Vornair, Duchy Dawn's Reach, county Penhook Bridge, Town: Amber Harbor, Currently, have 2500 EP at my disposal to develop my business. Friend Code: AB0DD0