COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Count's City(s)

I've returned after a 2.5 year absence. My recollection is that someone who bought a count package got no only the perk of creating the county seat, but also claim a second city/village to manage. Do counts get two cities or just one (the county seat)?

If only one city, is it possible to create a second one in my own county for me to manage or would I have to purchase property in a neighboring county in order to manage a second city if I really wanted to do so?

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

11/30/2018 9:30:21 PM #1

The Count also comes with a Mayor title, so they get one village/city to personally manage, but depending on the county they pick, that could be their only city or they could have several in their county that they have jurisdiction over that other mayors run and pay taxes to the count.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

11/30/2018 9:32:24 PM #2

You only start with the one city. If you have multiple mayor packages all claimed on one account, it will be a bigger settlement, but still only one.

I am not sure if you can be a mayor of a second City or not. I feel like yes, but if you are able to you would have to wait until Expo and create, take over, or be willed a second settlement.

11/30/2018 10:34:26 PM #3

Posted By Dariusacmar at 4:30 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

The Count also comes with a Mayor title, so they get one village/city to personally manage, but depending on the county they pick, that could be their only city or they could have several in their county that they have jurisdiction over that other mayors run and pay taxes to the count.

I take it that counts don't get to select some vacant parcels and build a village on it as their county seat. We have to pick a city from what the maps produces? Or can we build our county seat on any parcel we like?

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.

11/30/2018 10:43:24 PM #4

Posted By Kheg at 11:34 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

I take it that counts don't get to select some vacant parcels and build a village on it as their county seat. We have to pick a city from what the maps produces? Or can we build our county seat on any parcel we like?¨

You apparently can select some undeveloped location, but the pre-generated settlements you get to pick from are much safer bets because they have known resources and necessities as well as existing infrastructure and population. An empty location has nothing but unknowns, and you will need to spend a ton of EP to get anything comparable in infrastructure. As such it's not a recommended thing to do.

11/30/2018 10:43:31 PM #5

Yes. You are essentially sparking into a body that then gains possession of the lands and title of Mayor/Count of the city you select and county you select.

While you can build a city on any land you own, that takes EP during exposition or earned resources/manpower after expo and isn't part of the actual title selection that comes with Domain/city selection.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

11/30/2018 11:23:16 PM #6

A count gets first pick of the cities within his domain after he chooses his county.

You can't get a second mayor title, while in pre-game without a separate account. However you can grow or eventually take a different settlement and become mayor of that place. It can be anywhere that gives you the majority vote of land owners, or majority of land to become part of that position.

So in order to get another settlement in your system, you will need to develop it, or figure out how to gain favor of people in a different settlement to give you the mayorship.

11/30/2018 11:28:10 PM #7

Posted By ShadowTani at 3:43 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

I take it that counts don't get to select some vacant parcels and build a village on it as their county seat. We have to pick a city from what the maps produces? Or can we build our county seat on any parcel we like?¨

You apparently can select some undeveloped location, but the pre-generated settlements you get to pick from are much safer bets because they have known resources and necessities as well as existing infrastructure and population. An empty location has nothing but unknowns, and you will need to spend a ton of EP to get anything comparable in infrastructure. As such it's not a recommended thing to do.

I had actually heard differently. Would you be able to give me the source on that, because it's something I was seriously considering at one point till I was told I couldn't.

Friend Code CD4DE7

12/1/2018 12:47:39 AM #8

Okay, so here is my source.

On Wed, 21 Feb at 8:27 AM , ** <**@**.com> wrote: Okay. I guess I'll just deal with it. Not happy with that btw.

P.S. I do have a side question about mayoral town selection. If I choose to not select a town in land selection but choose to keep my mayor title and build a town from scratch with EP, do I still count as a mayor of an official town if I register the town with the county? And if I do so, do I still receive the prestige/fame that comes with being mayor...say vs a gentry package...and does that fame contribute to the fame of my new town and bring in NPC's that would be drawn in by fame? Serpentius <[email protected]> Mon 2/26/2018, 11:47 AM You  Hi *,

Got a reply back from Vye:

"No, if they don't make a settlement selection during settlement selection then they are not a mayor...at least not prior to launch.

They will have forfeit their title in the pre-launch phases of the game They can become a mayor post launch, but only if a count appoints them. They will have no automatic claims to a mayoral, even post-launch."

I hope that is helpful!

Take care :)

Adam "Serpentius" Vener"

That's the most recent information I have and yes, I redacted my name and e-mail address for my privacy :P

So no, if you do not want to pick a pre-generated town, you'll lose your mayor title, which will also cause you to lose your count title as you are required to have a mayor title to also have a count title as per SBS.

Friend Code CD4DE7

12/1/2018 12:49:52 AM #9

Posted By Dariusacmar at 6:28 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

Posted By ShadowTani at 3:43 PM - Fri Nov 30 2018

I had actually heard differently. Would you be able to give me the source on that, because it's something I was seriously considering at one point till I was told I couldn't.

There is absolutely no evidence that we can start without a family that belongs within nobility. There is no option of being a ward like count, it makes both zero sense, and doesn't work thematically. You can't pick an empty location, you have to chose a place, that's how the system works.

Counts that talk about doing something similar will start with their city, then nearly abandon it EP wise. Just so they can have a town with the aesthetics they want with as much customization as possible. Then they would move the seat to the new city when that project is completed.

12/1/2018 2:06:12 AM #10

Yeah, unfortunately my information was both a bit inaccurate and outdated I realize. Thanks for sharing that email Dariusacmar, it's very helpful as I haven't seen an update on the subject since early 2017 honestly.

So you will either have to go for a small undeveloped settlement to build your larger city "on top", or do like what Gunghoe stated, abandon your selected settlement during exposition to build one up from scratch. However, this doesn't change the fact that this will cost tremendous amount of EP and have no guarantee of being in a sustainable location.

Besides, a settlement is a community, it's not supposed to be the nobles/aristocrats personal art project; even if you were to get everything as you wanted it to begin with, other citizens will affect it and mold it as well over time.

12/1/2018 5:00:49 AM #11

Gotta agree with the claim one and then dump your EP into the location you want to be your seat.

You still get 2 this way, and can also get your primo locale, albeit at a premium.

12/4/2018 12:17:02 AM #12

Thank you all for the details.