COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Time to Redeem your Promotional Items

Will there be a time limit after launch on how long we have to redeem the tokens we'll get from purchasing promotional items?

Like if I wanted to wait two years before redeeming my foxcelot token on a character that will actually use it.

Can they be lost or stolen?

12/1/2018 2:27:23 AM #1

I think since a merchant needs to have items in stock to redeem them it would be unfair to set a time limit.

12/1/2018 2:31:26 AM #2

This question as well as several others were posted in a thread started by Gunnlang here

After some clarifications from Snipe, as well as links from that thread to other threads, the short answer is No the cannot be lost or stolen. And they do not expire.

You can only redeem them at certain vendors, who have to have said item in stock, and if they run out they have to replenish their stock again (new litter of foxcelots, build more boats, etc) before you can attempt to redeem anymore.

You are basically paying for whatever it is now, with real cash, instead of paying for it in game with in game currency.

Observation/Warning. Although they do not expire, a vendor for that item needs to exist. So if you hold onto a foxcelot token for 5 years and it goes extinct in the meantime, you won't be able to find a vendor to turn it in because well it wouldn't exist anymore.

12/1/2018 8:07:18 AM #3

Promos keep existing past Exposition. You can keep them and use them in the future. Theyre bound to your character/account and cannot be stolen, only redeemed when you choose.

This means I can use all my promos when Exposition starts... but I might save a few raven promo vouchers to get some more ravens after the first year if I need to.