COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Helpful Tips to stay alive in Elyria.

If you are a dare devil then this need not apply to you :P

1. Buddy System
    Don't walk alone, always have at least 1 other person with you or around you, for when alone the killers can strike and with no witnesses escape clean into the night.

2. Don't Break Contracts
    If you make a contract don't break it, because then you have someone who wants revenge. If the person is rich they might end mercenaries after you, if not they might just come after you, themselves.

3. Avoid war
    If you have even the slightest sense that your kingdom might be going to war, get out asap, you don't want to be in a situation where it is kill or be killed.

4. You can only 100% trust yourself
    Its sad but true, even a close IRL friend might turn on you to further themselves, you have an agenda and so do others, while you need someone see #1, don't ever put your guard down.

5. If you are going to duel, you better know damn well you will win
    Basically joining random duels can be fun and maybe even a way to make money but if you are not sure do not fight. It will likely end with you dead.

6. Avoid currept Judges
    If you are in a place where the judge refuses to convict people of murder, then its a good idea to get out, when no consequences are at stake you are in anarchy.

7. Get Rich
    This is the last and most important in my opinion, the rich will have the money and power to do what they want and get the protection they need. Money=Power.

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

12/1/2018 6:58:32 PM #1

I most humbly disagree on some of these.

1. I do agree that if you are running around in uncharted areas, or unpatrolled roads, definitely don't go alone. Good advice :D

2. Again, I couldn't agree more. Breaking contracts is a good way to get everyone against you. No one can trust the guy that keeps getting loans and defaulting. Eventually it will catch up to you.

3. This I take issue to. If there is going to be a war, do not just leave. When everyone leaves, the opposing faction can just waltz right in and now you have a fortified enemy watching you retreat. If there is war I say bunker down with communities for the "safe" option. Or go to war and provide that safe option for others.

4. Again, false. Well I guess not false just an opinion. I feel I have found a community where I can trust some of the people in it with most things. Never met them in real life, but if I go away on a quick adventure I know there are some people I can trust to feed the herding dog, maybe give them my spare key, and that when I come back my coffers won't be empty.

5. I don't think most duels will go as far as CDG, so I would alter this one to "Make sure you only duel with a crowd" or some such, so the guy doesn't steal your wallet and cut off your head to get to it.

6. Again don't leave. Fix it. Appeal to whoever is above the judge. The only time I would suggest leaving for corruption reasons is if your King was corrupt... Really no one to go to at that point. Guess you could go complain at the sedecim, lol

7. Getting rich gives you a target that you get to wear around! Sure you can put your funds behind walls, in a safe, or what have you, but I feel like you can skate by a little easier in life without drawing the attention of every cutpurse, if in fact your purse wasn't as heavy.

Great list nonetheless. Just adding my two cents to spark conversation

12/1/2018 7:51:09 PM #2

8 Do not pet the bunnies.

Yes bunny rabbits look cute, but please do not pet them unless you want your insides on your outside.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

12/1/2018 8:26:40 PM #3

9 Don't make yourself a target of wild animals

Always be aware that wild animals will be lurking around and the majority will be stronger than you in a 1v1, so take precautions.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

12/1/2018 8:57:34 PM #4

10 Remember it's a game.

12/1/2018 9:43:38 PM #5

11: Don't run in towns with your sword drawn. Not even when there is no one to see it. Only criminals have weapons in their hands in peaceful situations. You can even kill yourself that way :P

12/1/2018 10:34:10 PM #6

I wholeheartedly agree with Labbe and I also wish to add an obvious bullet point.

0: Watch your rations! This concerns food, sleep and shelter.

TL;DR for all of the above:

Immerse in your character and don't act stupidly. Feel the hunger, thirst, fatigue, physical discomfort, company, obligation, trust, suspicion, vulnerability, etcetera.

12/2/2018 12:23:40 AM #7

1 Heirs and Sparks

2 SEE #1

12/2/2018 1:12:09 AM #8

12 Take a quill everywhere. Never forget the pen is mightier than the sword.

Sir Ersmont, of the fallen House Lagarde. Cartographer and explorer extraordinaire. Join him in his ignoble quest to sire heirs in the twelve tribes.

12/2/2018 4:50:09 AM #9

13 . If you want to be an assassin or a spy.. don't tell everyone you're an assassin or a spy...

12/2/2018 6:49:17 AM #10

Posted By Sylvae at 8:50 PM - Sat Dec 01 2018

13 . If you want to be an assassin or a spy.. don't tell everyone you're an assassin or a spy...

12/2/2018 7:41:24 AM #11

14 - Safety in numbers!

Teaming up with trading caravans for the journey on the road between settlements has a lot of benefits

12/2/2018 9:48:26 AM #12

15 - Keep your ennemies closer to you than you friends, so you have an eye on them and able to know what they are doing...

Eolwyn Lunicorne

12/2/2018 10:10:50 AM #13
  1. Don't eat strange berries or food and drinks offered to you by people you don't know.

12/2/2018 8:44:18 PM #14

He stood up. "Is there a man in your service that you trust utterly and completely?" "Yes," said Ned. "In that case, I have a delightful palace in Valyria that I would dearly love to sell you," Littlefinger said with a mocking smile. "The wiser answer was no, my lord, but be that as it may."

• George RR Martin, A Game of Thrones

• I'm big enough to forgive you. But I'm not stupid enough to trust you again. (A29D00/#9056)
12/2/2018 9:24:38 PM #15

16a. Don't eat snow that is brown or yellow, it wont taste nice,