COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Trained Animals

Is there a limit to the amount of train creatures you can have or command at one time?

12/1/2018 7:24:40 PM #1

Not really, but there's bound to be soft caps, you having to feed and care for them all is one, though this shouldn't be too hard to overcome if you hire help. Reduced game performance if you go overboard is probably more difficult to get around though.

12/1/2018 7:26:10 PM #2

That very well might be something you have to discover through gameplay and practicing with your animal husbandry/taming skills.

I can't imagine giving commands to more than one would be anything resembling easy though. Not like you can tell an Alpha wolf to go attacks with his pack, and essentially send a squad of wolves out on the offensive.... I hope.

Anyway, you can own as many as you can take care of, but giving commands to multiple I don't believe has been touched on yet (and likely won't as a lot of specifics SbS is leaving undisclosed so you have things to discover in game)

12/1/2018 8:56:26 PM #3

Thx, that's about what I expected. I was thinking of a mass amount of gaurd animals. This is heavily affected by the breeding schedules. It appears that like real animal they will have designated times for breeding.

12/1/2018 9:47:33 PM #4

Posted By SirGarius at 9:56 PM - Sat Dec 01 2018

Thx, that's about what I expected. I was thinking of a mass amount of gaurd animals. This is heavily affected by the breeding schedules. It appears that like real animal they will have designated times for breeding.

If you have trained wolves to follow you, they will also do that in a pack. If they are also trained to defend you, nobody will bother you ever.

12/1/2018 9:55:05 PM #5

Posted By Ilyria at 4:47 PM - Sat Dec 01 2018

Posted By SirGarius at 9:56 PM - Sat Dec 01 2018

If you have trained wolves to follow you, they will also do that in a pack. If they are also trained to defend you, nobody will bother you ever.

Speaking of wolves, that sled can have up to 6 wolves. While not quite the same, this makes me think it may be possible to have up to that number (at least of wolves) at your command at once.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/2/2018 12:45:29 AM #6

Well if the Ringling Brothers can do it, so can we!

I agree with Labbe that these limits are something players will have to discover, but they have to be linked to skill ranks or it's an arbitrary thing that doesn't make any sense. It would make sense for you to be able to command more animals as you get better at it. Just like training dogs. Someone experienced at it can seemingly work miracles.

12/2/2018 1:11:02 AM #7

Well if they don't have a system like that I was gonna have a ton of rats. Alot of them go eat up the enemies farms and hurt their food economy. Plus I don't think you can tell who did it unless you witness it.

12/2/2018 7:46:28 AM #8

Great question. Wish this sorta stuff was asked in the Q&A. Needs a devs input.

12/2/2018 8:02:18 AM #9

There could be yearly or seasonal training/time spent together for higher tiered intelligence animals to keep them obedient and loyal

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC