COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
What happens you you are to late for launch?

Hello,

I may have to go to the hospital somewhere in 2019 and may not we able play for a while after that. What happens to your items and the courtier rank when you don't show up at exposition or to late after launch. Will it all just disappear after a while?

12/2/2018 5:39:40 PM #1

If you miss Exposition, all your EP will be converted to story points so you'll just miss out on the opportunity to make customizations to your package.

As for launch, the risks are greater. If you're an absentee aristocrat, you'll like be voted out of office. If you're an absentee count or duke, you'll likely face a Casus Belli challenge. And if you're just a simple proprietor, you could face adverse possession issues where someone can claim your land because you failed to show up at least once every 30 days, not to mention get robbed of all your belongings.

So there will be some consequences, undoubtedly.

12/2/2018 5:45:12 PM #2

Thank you.

As count I may never have claimed my land. What if I missed that part? Will it also be converted to story points?

12/2/2018 5:54:01 PM #3

Claiming land happens during Domain & Settlement Selection, which according to Caspian's recent post in discord, may happen in January at the earliest. If you miss that part, you may be abdicating your domain entirely.

It could get converted to EP/SP automagically, though I'm not sure that's been mentioned explicitly. A better option would be to have someone make the selection on your behalf, frankly, or transfer your title to someone else, or just trade it in for EP ahead of time so you don't risk getting nothing (if that's what would happen). But if this is a legitimate concern, it's worth getting a definitive answer from SBS because I'm not certain what the outcome would be of missing D&SS completely. I never entertained that possibility! :D

12/2/2018 6:05:24 PM #4

Thank you very much.

12/2/2018 6:15:09 PM #5

I believe it has been stated that if you miss the initial round of domain and settlement selection, you will still be able to select your domain anytime prior to launch (or possibly expo).

It should remain open similarly to how surname reservations have remained open so that anyone still needing to claim a spot can do so from what is left over. Obviously the sooner you get to it though the more options you have.

Also, it looks like you are still a rank 1 here on the forums. If you have a count package from the kickstarter, be sure to claim it and pick a server to play on both prior to Domain and Settlement Selection otherwise even if you are around at that time you won't be able to pick a slot with the first round of selections.

If you were entertaining the idea of buying a count package, they aren't in the store for much longer, so I'd make a decision either way!

Best of luck

12/2/2018 6:27:00 PM #6

I am a count, just on an other account. Don't want to upset the kingdom I am with. Thank you very much.

12/3/2018 5:30:51 PM #7

Posted By Labbe at 6:15 PM - Sun Dec 02 2018

Also, it looks like you are still a rank 1 here on the forums. If you have a count package from the kickstarter, be sure to claim it and pick a server to play on both prior to Domain and Settlement Selection otherwise even if you are around at that time you won't be able to pick a slot with the first round of selections.

Though what you say is the most likely reason why their forum rank is lower than normal counts, also remember that forum rank is based on IP, or money spent, so therefore if someone has a title/package gifted to them, their forum rank won't increase. In so technically it's possible for a Duke to be rank 1 :D

12/4/2018 12:08:30 PM #8

Exposition is 3 months long. Unless you are going to be in the hospital for an unusually long time, you will probably have some opportunity to get established in exposition. You may not have an opportunity to be as active as you would like.