COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Tribal Building Mechanics

I am a Mayor pledge trying to plan out blueprints for my city. From my understanding,(please feel free to correct me if I am wrong),when you start your city it starts off with the cultural influence of the race you pick. So lets say you pick Neran, the hamlet would be bound by your cultural constructs, and starting Npc's would be of your tribe. If this is true then the architecture of the buildings would be consistent with your culture as well, right? Well since we will have to pick the biome and land available to us at domain selection, how would that work feasibly with certain races architecture? For instance if you are a Kypiq Mayor and there are no trees around to build homes. Or a Waerd in the marshes with no caverns? If anyone could shed some light that'd be great.

" To Live Is To Have Endured "

12/2/2018 10:19:24 PM #1

I'd guess that all cultures have a variety of buildings in their style, and made to suit different kinds of terrain. As in, Kypiqs likely have buildings on the ground as well, and Waerd know how to build a house that isn't set into the cliffside. They'll just have their own distinctive style of those buildings that differentiate them from other tribes.

12/2/2018 11:00:59 PM #2

Your initial assumption is flawed. Settlements will all be pre-existing. Tribal architecture will be restricted to their biome and native cultural practices.

When you are selecting a settlement you will be able to see the demographics of the settlement before you lock in your choice, and you will be able to be a member of any tribe which makes up a sufficient percentage of the population of the settlement.

In other words you are not forced to be a member of the majority tribe, that only happens with higher level nobility. Your settlement's architecture is pre-determined and won't be artificially influenced by you prior to habitation/game-play.

12/3/2018 12:32:55 AM #3

Thank you Barleyman and Trug, This is very helpful. It also means that I will have to change my approach. I can see how this could potentially have an impact on what kingdom I join, seeing as how one may not have the race I want at the start of KoE. I'm really feeling To'resk, So I guess I'll have to start closer to the south of the map seeing as how there aren't many at the top or high mid levels of the map. I believe Caspian said something about there being races outside their home biomes but I think that was limited to transitional and alternate biomes. Not extremely unwelcoming ones like the desert or frozen north would be for the To'resk.

12/3/2018 6:31:50 AM #4

There are 3 different to'resk ethnic groups who are all in different kingdoms.

Marsh To'resk in Kingdom 4 Savanna To'resk in Kingdom 5 Tropical To'resk in Kingdom 6

So you'll have a bit more of a selection of which kingdom you want to start in.

12/5/2018 3:40:52 AM #5

Yeah, I saw that there were three areas with To'resk population centers I guess I just had figured that I could create any race of character regardless of location. And then by "south of the map", I meant the lower half. The Upper three kingdoms probably wont have any To'resk. But thanks for the clarification. Also, I've heard that to build a building you must have(or know) the blueprints. Which I'm guessing you will have to acquire. I was wondering if we will be able to create blueprints? I would like to create layouts for my buildings. I know they would have the cultural architecture of the race I create it with but. I would really like to be innovative with my own design, like in Conan Exiles.

12/5/2018 6:10:18 AM #6

@Razook

During Kingdoms of Elyria, aka prior to Exposition and Launch, it will be possible to migrate tribes to anywhere on the map you please. If you are interested in seeding a particular area with your desired tribe you should be able to do that during this stage of development. However, I am unclear as to whether you will have your family locked to a specific tribe on Domain Selection so seeding a tribe might be pointless if they aren't your family/can't inherit your titles. I don't think this specific question has been answered yet. So, it might be either that in Exposition you choose your tribe/create your family, or you might do that prior to KoE I don't know. If it is at the start of exposition you should be able to be any tribe you like anywhere you like. If it's before KoE then you'll still have a problem.

You will be able to make your own blueprints, but this will require advancing the architecture skill. Presumably the higher your skill is the more complicated the potential buildings you can design.

12/5/2018 8:41:42 PM #7

Barleyman I thank you again for the reply, and the help. I also found some other information about the possibility of migration.(As far as I know, the following info on the effect that KOE has on Exposition is still valid.

From Discord Soul-Chamber 1.1.18##Selection#

[Covered in SnipeHunters post]

During Domain/Settlement selection the nobility and aristocracy will claim their domains and settlements, which grants them the ability to govern those lands during KoE.

At the beginning of KoE, Nobility and Aristocracy will be required to pick a tribe that matches the starting data as defined in #1 above. However, by using multiple remnants, they can create alternate characters that can migrate from other regions into their domains / settlements and be played.

Over the course of KoE, population, tribes, etc. will shift.

At the beginning of Exposition, the Nobility and Aristocracy will continue their governance by playing the descendants of their remnant ancestors. Through breeding, etc. their bloodlines may be less pure.

Non-nobility/aristocracy can now pick from any families that exist in the domain/settlement, which includes non-standard tribes in the regions as determined through play in KoE).

So I take that one can set it up so they will be able to play the tribe they want, more or less, at the start of exposition. As far as architecture, you have definitely addressed my concerns, and I am relieved that I will be able to have the ability to design my buildings according to my skill.

12/5/2018 11:40:01 PM #8

Glad to have been helpful.