COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Countess

long story short my mate wanted someone he could trust to be his wife so i offered to play as a women for my first life because he trusts me and because i cant afford the big titles, so i was wondering what exactly is the role of a countess? is it basically a baron or is it just a title with no real weight.

M Parry

12/3/2018 1:38:42 AM #1

A count(ess) is the lowest noble there is. You will run 1 of the 24 counties in a duchy. You will have mayors/barons of your county who will be your vassals. However - just because you marry a count, it will not give you the power of the county - unless your friend decides to give you some/all of it of course.

12/3/2018 1:48:16 AM #2

Posted By heyyouguys at

long story short my mate wanted someone he could trust to be his wife so i offered to play as a women for my first life because he trusts me and because i cant afford the big titles, so i was wondering what exactly is the role of a countess? is it basically a baron or is it just a title with no real weight.

Well if your mate is the count, and you have no real title, you can simply dump everything on him and pursue your own goals with no real obligation.

Another option could be to take on some of his responsibilities at the settlement level, making you the defacto mayor in his stead. Some of those responsibilities as well as a lot of info on counts can be seen here in the Kingdom and Land Management dj.

Otherwise you can take on and help him in some of his roles as count, which include maintaining infrastructure in your county, taxes, and general governing of your territories.

12/3/2018 2:21:52 AM #3

Agreed with Labbe. Also, the below quote comes from https://chroniclesofelyria.com/game/domains and may provide a general overview.

"Those who manage Counties in Elyria are responsible for resource management, building up settlements within their Counties, establishing wealth and power for the Kingdom, and encouraging research. The Count's UI is about creating trade routes, identifying where resources are being gathered, and funneling the money to and from the settlements."

12/3/2018 3:55:46 AM #4

Posted By heyyouguys at

A countess is the same as a count....

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX