COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Map of Alesia

Hi, all! I made a map of Alesia today. Eventually I plan to do the entire continent in this style, and add details like rivers and settlements as they become known.

Hope you enjoy it!

12/5/2018 5:47:48 AM #1

+1

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

12/5/2018 8:52:14 AM #2

artist's representation:

12/6/2018 8:49:50 AM #3

Not that it's any of my business but why would a clearly Nautical/Pirate themed group like Port Royale go for a Duchy with so little coastline?

P.S. Great map making skills Bombastus, I give it 2 upwardly curled mustache tips.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

12/6/2018 3:33:09 PM #4

All they need is 1 large port to do what they want to do

12/6/2018 3:43:21 PM #5

I really love your artwork. This is fantastic. Hope you do one of NA-W some day!

12/6/2018 4:04:05 PM #6

Kind of Poetry where everyone ended up! (subject to reality check) Great start of a Map Style there... Cheers!

Imgur

12/6/2018 4:41:35 PM #7

Posted By Lodrig at 12:49 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

Not that it's any of my business but why would a clearly Nautical/Pirate themed group like Port Royale go for a Duchy with so little coastline?

Interesting question. :) I suppose one factor of consideration could be that the larger access to the interior in that duchy could potentially benefit shipwright operations in terms of the availability of materials and the like. Could be about location too, I suppose; the relatively small coastline may be a small price to pay in exchange for position along the coastal routes or something?

I'm kind of curious myself! :)

• Snipehunter
12/6/2018 4:43:23 PM #8

This is why Bombastus is the bomb! :D

12/6/2018 8:19:23 PM #9

Posted By Snipehunter at 10:41 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

Posted By Lodrig at 12:49 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

Interesting question. :) I suppose one factor of consideration could be that the larger access to the interior in that duchy could potentially benefit shipwright operations in terms of the availability of materials and the like. Could be about location too, I suppose; the relatively small coastline may be a small price to pay in exchange for position along the coastal routes or something?

I'm kind of curious myself! :)

Well, you have it right. That location provides any and every resource for shipbuilding. Ore from the mountains, wood from the forests, not to mention the fertile ground necessary for long voyage food stores.

Additionally, although many of us make our lives upon the seas, ADVENTURE is afoot upon the interior of that great land!

-Kypiq Commodore Vig Barbarosa

12/6/2018 10:02:58 PM #10

That's a great map, one of the fellows in Vornair has done one for us. This one is a bit more easy to read though, I think anyway. They both quite nice though.

I'm looking forward to all the maps I expect will come out as we get more info. I love a good map.

12/6/2018 11:33:40 PM #11

Well, you have it right. That location provides any and every resource for shipbuilding. Ore from the mountains, wood from the forests, not to mention the fertile ground necessary for long voyage food stores.

Additionally, although many of us make our lives upon the seas, ADVENTURE is afoot upon the interior of that great land!

I'm more curious to see how much trouble you are going to have convincing the Kypiq to cut down the trees needed to build a fleet of boats/ships.

12/7/2018 5:25:13 AM #12

Did you use wonderdraft for that?

12/7/2018 6:58:36 PM #13

Posted By Daemon_Redwyne at 5:33 PM - Thu Dec 06 2018

I'm more curious to see how much trouble you are going to have convincing the Kypiq to cut down the trees needed to build a fleet of boats/ships.

That's a good point. Or whether you'll be able to pack enough food for a long trip without the use of any foodstuffs that would harm plants during the harvesting.

12/14/2018 10:20:38 PM #14

Posted By CountShady at 9:25 PM - Thu Dec 06 2018

Did you use wonderdraft for that?

Nope, I did this in Clip Studio Paint. I traced the continent from the official map, the terrain coloring is airbrush, the texture is some open license parchment image, and the hills, mountains, and trees are a pen material from Clip Studio's materials library.

12/23/2018 2:16:29 AM #15

So...how sure are we that this is where these duchy's will be? Are we sure Alesia will be located in the neck of map N?

NA-EAST