COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
More Moderators or Permissions of Mods

Good morning,

I would like to put a suggestion out to incorporate more Super Mods on the Discord Main server or create another tier level to senior mods with permissions to add additional posts to the #media channel.

The reasoning behind this suggestion is the #media channel is sporadically updated with media content that has been posted almost exclusively in Discord, but I feel that the #media channel should incorporate media from the forums and/or emails put out (such as the the fighting gif put out from the recent email that people received).

All I am suggesting is the consolidation of media in one location on the the Discord main server (i.e. #media channel). I posed the question in the #coe-common-room, but I surprisingly met resistance to the idea. In which the the idea that SBS Staff members and Moderators had enough work as it was and it would hinder efforts to sort and sift through the multitude of information to consolidate, was a reason consolidation was not a priority. I agree with that sentiment. Developers are loaded with alot as it is, and that's what bring me back to my original point: Do we need more Super Moderators or perhaps add another tier of Moderator, who are senior, but not Super Moderator?

I would like your opinion on the matter, community.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this thread.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

12/6/2018 1:13:00 PM #1

Personally I would absolutely adore Media to be in one place. However, I would suggest https://chroniclesofelyria.com/media as it's home rather than Discord.

I understand there is a lot of the team to do, and only so many bodies to do it, but as the website is their key advertising point keeping that refreshed would be beneficial as well as convenient.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

12/6/2018 2:06:47 PM #2

I have to agree with VR on this one. Moderators work on many projects (As you can see from the latest Community Journal) and are Volunteers. So having them do it would be no different than any other player doing it (Aside from the fact that Super Mods have access to the Discord Media Channel). It would just add more to the stuff we already are doing, and may not get done for a long while.

And seeing as Discord is "Unofficial" it makes more sense (and is far easier) to keep all of the screenshots and concept art that is published here on the site, where it can be linked in Discord.

As for another tier of moderator, Super Moderators are the senior level of Moderator. So that tier already exists.

12/6/2018 2:41:27 PM #3

I see no added value to also administering media shared via other platforms in that Discord channel. The media posted there and any other official SBS media can be uploaded to the Wiki and used there to illustrate game features and whatnot in a relatively controlled manner. I also see no need for additional hierarchy in the moderating team in both forums and Discord. I would support more attention for and activity on the Wiki though ... I'm feeling a bit lonely at times there (wink wink) and there is still so much to be done. I'd actually wish to encourage part of the moderator team to spend a small part of their relentless efforts to inform new players on sharing that same information via updated Wiki pages, resulting in the improved capability to eventually help players help themselves by referring them to up-to-date wiki pages on numerous subjects. Just dewit!

12/6/2018 2:43:20 PM #4

Posted By CaptainSeli at 08:06 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

I have to agree with VR on this one. Moderators work on many projects (As you can see from the latest Community Journal) and are Volunteers. So having them do it would be no different than any other player doing it (Aside from the fact that Super Mods have access to the Discord Media Channel). It would just add more to the stuff we already are doing, and may not get done for a long while.

And seeing as Discord is "Unofficial" it makes more sense (and is far easier) to keep all of the screenshots and concept art that is published here on the site, where it can be linked in Discord.

As for another tier of moderator, Super Moderators are the senior level of Moderator. So that tier already exists.

^^ Ditto

12/6/2018 3:10:17 PM #5

Posted By Blankwindow at 09:43 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

Posted By CaptainSeli at 08:06 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

^^ Ditto

Yeah, I would have to agree as well.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/6/2018 3:19:55 PM #6

Posted By AlteOgre at 07:41 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

I would support more attention for and activity on the Wiki though ... I'm feeling a bit lonely at times there (wink wink) and there is still so much to be done.

Posted By AlteOgre at 07:41 AM - Thu Dec 06 2018

I see no added value to also administering media shared via other platforms in that Discord channel. The media posted there and any other official SBS media can be uploaded to the Wiki and used there to illustrate game features and whatnot in a relatively controlled manner. I also see no need for additional hierarchy in the moderating team in both forums and Discord. I would support more attention for and activity on the Wiki though ... I'm feeling a bit lonely at times there (wink wink) and there is still so much to be done. I'd actually wish to encourage part of the moderator team to spend a small part of their relentless efforts to inform new players on sharing that same information via updated Wiki pages, resulting in the improved capability to eventually help players help themselves by referring them to up-to-date wiki pages on numerous subjects. Just dewit!

Hey now, i'm there helping as well :)

12/6/2018 3:39:32 PM #7

I would have to say that I'd like to see more of it focused/consolidated here on the official website vs on discord. On the one hand it makes it easier to just reference the posts to discord and two it makes sure that they know anything not referenced from here isn't official.

Also, I would very much like the Wiki to be updated...but of course understand that until things get set in stone, instead of being in constant flux as they are, that is harder to do.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

12/6/2018 4:51:10 PM #8

This type of thing has been brought up before, however I think this is a perfect example of something a community member can just step up and "do".

Want to make a thread that consolidates all the media released in Discord, emails, and the forums, in one convenient spot.

By all mean, step up and commit to doing it. I am sure the mods would be happy to sticky it for you.

Imgur