COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Contest] Nyx's Longest Night Cocktail/Mocktail Contest!

12/7/2018 9:16:36 PM #1

I love this idea for a contest.

12/8/2018 1:41:38 AM #2

well done love the idea just 1 question can u do it live? the testing that is keep vote part secrete as think you are going to get alot of drunk judges

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

12/8/2018 2:02:27 AM #3

Hear, hear! What a way to spread some holiday cheer!

As a friendly gesture and one in full support of Nyx, the neighboring county of Alhamora would like to sponsor a Bonus prize for this event. Said prize would be awarded to the winner of the best mocktail no matter its finish among the final order of drinks.

I assume two questions come to mind after this announcement. Why a bonus only for mocktail drinks and what is the prize?

Why? To give a shoutout to all those kicking cancer's ass, including yours truly #F*ckCancer, we want to promote more competition on the side of the otherwise forgotten mocktail drinks. This allows those of us who wish to, but simply cannot for whatever reason, enjoy a lovely cocktail from time to time. Including one that has a nice CoE centered theme for the holidays!

What? A starter pet will be our prize of choice since we will have animal breeding as one of our main goals in the county.

From all those here in Alhamora, we want to thank Countess Mel for hosting this amazing competition and allowing us to sponsor a bonus prize!

For any and all future recruits to Nyx County, know that you will always have an ally in Alhamora and a nice drink be available to you in our taverns. Dilly, Dilly!

12/8/2018 2:13:31 AM #4

Posted By Medussa at 7:41 PM - Fri Dec 07 2018

well done love the idea just 1 question can u do it live? the testing that is keep vote part secrete as think you are going to get alot of drunk judges

Hey Medussa! Originally I thought we might livestream it and depending on the number of submissions that's still an option :) however, if we get a ton of submissions that could take forever. Myself and the other judges will be taking videos and pictures of us trying the drinks and the judges will have just over a week to try all the drinks. I'm will definitely be making a video montage of the media from the judges, but if you have any suggestions for alternatives I'm always happy to hear them! I'll check with the judges and see if they'd be up for live streaming us making a few of the submissions down the road though

12/8/2018 2:16:28 AM #5

Also a VERY special thank you and shout out to Katie and her crew from Alhamora! Can't wait to try some of those mocktails! <3 love ya!

12/8/2018 2:35:20 AM #6

Love this idea. Probably won't participate as I have less experience with cocktails, and more experience with whiskeys and beers, but looking forward to seeing the results.
+1 from me

12/13/2018 2:22:43 PM #7

Let see some cocktails/ mocktails people! Go wild on your creativity!

12/14/2018 8:11:26 PM #8

We've got some stiff (pun intended) competition so far guys! Keep those submissions coming! <3

12/15/2018 8:48:39 AM #9

This is a great idea for a contest. I'm definitely going to try my hand at it! I've been enjoying mixing drink lately anyhow, so it will be fun to make it COE themed.

12/15/2018 2:27:04 PM #10

Gonna lurk around to get my hands on them mocktails.

Although my dras self can stomach the alcohol I do not like the taste.

12/18/2018 9:11:13 PM #11

SBS must have been reading my mind lol but in light of their new promotion I wanted to let you all know that I'll be adding Longest Night Recipes store item to the Grand Prize for the contest!

12/18/2018 9:21:13 PM #12

Long Island Iced Teas make the best breakfast drink

12/21/2018 12:32:15 AM #13

Bringing in the good old bump

12/24/2018 4:58:42 PM #14

Can't wait to see how the mocktails stack up in the competition! Keep the entries coming!!! Happy Holidays :)

12/25/2018 12:18:34 AM #15

Only 7 days to go! Keep those recipes coming everyone! Dont pass up the chance to win up to 275EP!