COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Large group, with many who have selected a wrong server.

Lurker here, first time poster.

My group has become overrun by players who selected a server. As stated, "server transfers are not allowed".

Many of these players are pack owners of $100-$300 range with promo items who've tryed to talk to support or just feel hopeless about it.

In our community this is started to demoralize people into not getting the game. A number of people fear a crash grab scheme and don't wish to further invest into the game.

As a lurker i understand the dev point of view in making a world and knowing where each player shall reside.

But also as a former game dev I know how easy it is to just wipe someone account and reissue their purchases.

Please reconsider a way for players to pick a server (one free transfer). or another way for players to know their packs are not stuck to a wrong server.

the amount of times I see people talk about card killing so that they can switch servers is concerning.

12/7/2018 10:20:15 PM #1

How did so many people select the wrong server?

12/7/2018 10:22:48 PM #2

There was a dev blog about this that made it clear to pick the server you will play on, you will then be asked again if you are sure you have selected the correct server.

You then had to login to your account, select the server and was asked again if you selected the correct one as this can not be changed.

A lot comes down to the added Dev time in coding such a process, especially when they need to know for domain and settlement selection in the new year.

I'm not sure SBS will do this. But who knows, they could.

12/7/2018 10:32:39 PM #3

So you have a bunch of people that have trouble following some pretty darn clear directions, and now they are blaming the game for being a "cash grab"?

/shrug

12/7/2018 10:36:44 PM #4

lol

you picked a server...then confirmed the server and now you cry out "cash grab"...I just fired someone because he couldn't understand why he shouldn't be on his phone while working.

What is the world coming to? lol

Find a new community on your new server.

12/7/2018 10:37:25 PM #5

Why do you post that in general forum?

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Technical-Support

12/7/2018 10:39:00 PM #6

There have been a select few of people that have indeed share the same mistake when selecting a server. Surely this hasn't gone unnoticed by the studio.

That said, the server selection process is a multi-step one, forcing you to accept your choice in several different stages and being very explicit about it being a irreversible process.
I would urge people to read what they are locking into before blindly pressing buttons, it will serve you well later in the development of the game as well.

I'm going to lock this thread though, there are already plenty of threads and the best way to deal with this is to go through support: [email protected].