COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE DOMAINS
[EU/Dem/Anor]Town of Alverin

INTRODUCTION

Hello & welcome to the town of Alverin!

Are you looking to settle down in a picturesque little town akin to Skyrim's Riverwood, away from all the hustle-bustle of large cities? Would you like to work together with your neighbours to build a welcoming community, where settlers with more to offer help those who've fallen on hard times? Then read on, friend, and maybe you'll find your home in Alverin!

Just where in Elyria is this place!
  • Server:            The EU Server

• Kingdom:        The Demalion Empire

• Duchy:            Anor

• County:          Anorath

• Town:        Alverin

• Tribe/Biome:   Neran/Lower Montane

• Religion:         The Virtori Faith/Faedin

• Join Us:           Duchy Discord Channel

• Alverin is ruled by Mayor Celavi.

• Alverin is a Multi-Cultural Society & all people are welcome in this town. Alverin is primarily a protected roleplay settlement but PvP is accepted in self defense, law enforcement or wartime.

ABOUT THE TOWN

Nestled within the forested hills of Anorath lies the small settlement of Alverin. Unassuming in its appearance, the town hides a heart of gold – whosoever steps foot within the settlement is greeted with open arms & warm smiles. Built on the spirit of kindness & collaboration and following the principles of Generosity, Trust, Loyalty & Courage, the settlers of Alverin lead simple, peaceful lives in harmony with the world, nature and each other.

The town's main focus will be on food production, primarily farming, and to a lesser extent animal husbandry. Living in a forested area also means there should be plenty of work for hunters & gatherers, and should the town be situated near a river or stream, fishermen will have a place to ply their trade. The local tavern, run by the mayor herself, will always be stocked with pies and bread straight out of the oven. Craftsmen and merchants of all sorts are welcome to settle & sell their goods in Alverin, but you won't find any large-scale businesses here; every field and shop is owned by the family that works there!

ABOUT THE MAYOR

"A soft-spoken woman with a gentle heart, Lady Dione is well known among the villagers as someone they can turn to in their times of need. As someone who likes to enjoy the simple things in life, she knows to value relationships over material possessions, and has never been one to place herself above her fellow mann. Indeed, all the lands that once belonged to her family have been turned into fields for the farmers to work, and instead of a sprawling estate, the Lady now resides in a modest townhouse near the tavern. Spending her days tending to her little garden or coming up with new culinary concoctions, she often takes the time to walk through the town and survery the grounds, making sure nothing's amiss. And should she come across troublemakers, her demeanor doesn't change; instead of the pointy end of a sword, the criminals find themselves greeted by a sympathetic ear & a shoulder to lean on.

Determined to lead by example and inspire people to work together, Lady Dione has a warm smile and a cup of tea waiting for everyone. But beneath the calm exterior lies more than meets the eye. While she makes sure to be kind and gracious to all she comes across, the Lady is well aware of all the atrocities in the world, and the people who commit them. Having first-hand experience of menn's greed and cruelty, she works that much harder to spread love and joy. But those experiences have left her heart closed off to the world, with her loyal canine companions and feline friends the only beings she truly trusts. Nevertheless, she hasn't lost faith in the goodness of menn and secretly keeps waiting for a charming wanderer to whisk her away on the adventure of a lifetime..."

WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?

The town is open to all English-speaking settlers who are content living by modest means, working together for common goals. If you are an honest, dependable, kind and caring person, you'll be more than welcome in Alverin. My hope is that we'll be able to build a small community where everyone's voice is heard, and where people can speak freely & discuss their disagreements openly. It goes without saying that violence (including verbal violence!) is looked down upon in Alverin, and everyone is encouraged to solve their conflicts with level heads and calm words. However, there will always be people who cannot be convinced not to harm others, and even though Alverin will hopefully be far away from any potential conflict zones, everyone who's looking to take up residence there should be prepared to face intruders with hostile intentions.

As the town is focused on food production, all citizens are expected to partake in it, in whichever way they choose. Whether that means working on a field large enough to feed half the town, or tending to your own little vegetable garden, is up to you. This of course does not mean that farming should be your primary focus, just that you are willing to do your small part in making sure the town stays well fed & happy!

Because of its out-of-the-way location and small size, Alverin will never be a booming industry town. Having no excess wealth to speak of will hopefully also deter most would-be burglars and thieves. This means that Alverin would be perfect for anyone looking to manage their family business, work on a farm, or do odd jobs here and there, but it wouldn't be a good fit for anyone looking to make a fortune as a business magnate.

WHAT CAN WE OFFER?

Under the watch of Lady Dione, Alverin will be a town free of nepotism and backroom scheming, where your worth will depend on how you treat your fellow mann. Those who have proven themselves to be hard-working, dependable and resourceful in the eyes of their peers will have the opportunity to become advisors to the mayor (and share the burden of running a settlement). There will be meetings held at the town hall, where we can discuss important subjects and citizens will have a chance to express their opinions. Every Elyrian, regardless of age, gender, race or religion will be welcome in Alverin, and I will do my best to make sure no one feels left out.

Due to the small size of the town, we are not looking to have any guilds based in Alverin, but all settlers will have the chance to join one of the many organisations in the Duchy of Anor. Members of pre-existing guilds are welcome to settle within Alverin and follow their practices, as long as they can do so in a lawful manner.

We support light RP and would like it if most talk in-game was done in-character, however that will not be an enforced rule.

For those who are interested, I will be organizing semi-regular hunting parties and expeditions, as well as visits to neighbouring towns/counties.

If you have any questions that weren't covered in this post, feel free to send me a private message or join the Duchy of Anor Discord!

DISCORD

If you wish to join the Town of Alverin and become one of it's Citizens then please feel free to join the Duchy of Anor Discord. Please click the Discord image above to gain entry. Thank you.

>

My Discord tag is DiCe#0396.

12/8/2018 2:51:55 PM #1

Ah, the warmth and tranquility of Alverin in the Anorian hills. I'm looking forward to visiting you Mayor Dione!

12/8/2018 3:09:46 PM #2

Oh! I am Smitten! I need to marry this Mayoress....she sounds LOVELY ( - just don't tell the wife...!).

I am obviously already strong and handsome, and modest...but once I am a Doctor of note then I will be plighting my Troth, Milady!

Physician, Alchemist & Herbalist to the Duchy of Anor, Al-Khezam - Selene (EU) Server

12/8/2018 3:25:17 PM #3

Sounds like a lovely tranquil town to visit Lady Dione. I would not turn down an invitation for a cup of tea if I'm in the vecinity.

12/8/2018 7:45:03 PM #4

I will be certain to try these culinary marvels when in the neighbourhood :)

12/9/2018 9:03:20 PM #5

I'm looking forward to visit your peaceful town and sample one of those freshly baked warm pies. :)

12/10/2018 11:45:16 PM #6

I've been keeping my Eye open: It's very noticeable that every response to this scroll of the perfection that is the town of Alverin has been from the males of the Duchy of Anor ... !

This can only mean one thing: We men of Anor need to fight it out! It's Slingshots at dawn men! Last one alive gets to ask for the hand (and, ideally, the rest) of the beauteous and gentle Mayor Dione!

Physician, Alchemist & Herbalist to the Duchy of Anor, Al-Khezam - Selene (EU) Server

12/13/2018 9:01:40 PM #7

Did you just call Ossian a man? ;p