COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pre-Alpha Video's....Religious Sacrifice?

Hello Everyone!

So I havent seen anyone post about this yet and if someone has please link me so I can join in because there is a part of this first look video that surprised me the most....

Edit: cant seem to get it to load so in the meantime: http://imgur.com/A2VuB5T

Now, I may be wrong and if so then oh well I get to learn something new but to me that looks like a sacrificial table. Wooden board with foot holdings to keep a body up, the chained cuffs to strap a person down, and candles to add making the scene represent a cult sacrifice. With this observation what do you think its intended for? The journey to being a lich? Cultist uses such as human or animal sacrifice? Maybe something else?

What do y'all believe its for?

3/2/2016 5:19:34 PM #1

Nice catch, it definitely looks like some sort of altar. Notice it seems like a pretty secluded room, there are no windows too, as though it's meant to be hidden.

3/2/2016 5:39:36 PM #2

You know what, I clearly didn't give the video the frame-by-frame dissection (pardon the pun) it deserved, because I only just now noticed that's an 8-pointed star (as opposed to the pentagram I assumed it was) underfoot. Anyone familiar with "real" lore regarding such a device? I wonder if the number will have other significance in the World and/or Lore. I wonder will it be possible to craft other star forms or sigils into ritual circles, and what that may mean for One's choice of spirituality.

3/2/2016 5:45:40 PM #3

Incidentally, this isn't the first time you've seen this room. It was present for the article on player-created dungeons.

See the last picture of Player-Created Dungeons

3/2/2016 5:48:13 PM #4

By perspective I thought it was a stair.

3/2/2016 5:52:26 PM #5

"In-game screenshot of an underground lair"

So it is secluded! Now I'm even more puzzled. Is this some sort of altar to an unpopular deity? Or maybe it has something to do with the lich, maybe it sleeps there.

3/2/2016 5:56:23 PM #6

I never would have caught that! Its surprising how much can be hidden by the angle of the shot :)

3/2/2016 6:00:37 PM #7

It should be even more surprising how much we've already hidden in plain sight from you folks. :-P

3/2/2016 6:03:16 PM #8

I guess it's time to look for hints in all those older screenshots again.

3/2/2016 6:07:36 PM #9

Oh man, stop teasing us! Now we have to look for even more footag in the video. Ill be right back, guys!

3/2/2016 6:49:07 PM #10

Totally missed the sacrifial part of that altar. I wonder what kind of rituals you can perform in the game - is it somehow tied into religion studying or exploring into ancient dungeons? Is there epic rituals for "good" guys?

3/2/2016 6:57:11 PM #11

Yea, sacrificial and/or torture.

On watching that video I can see the chain and shackles at the top of it and what looks like a foot stand at the bottom to keep the prisoner steady.

After looking around I see that double square on the ground, two boxes one on top of the other. It fits the whole idea of a secret society (one box) being above a regulated society (second box). Also, the no windows fits into the whole secret-dark-shenanigans thing.

3/2/2016 6:59:03 PM #12

Okay I definitely need to start voicing my observations... The first reaction I had to the video was "Hmmm.. Alter or jail?"

Everyone here is so observant and passionate and I usually don't have a chance to see the Q&A or catch media posts when they happen so I always think "no way I'm the first person to notice these things"...

Maybe I'll go back through the Q&As and DJs now :-P

Hope it helps...

3/2/2016 7:00:22 PM #13

I thought it was some kind of torture device

3/2/2016 7:09:18 PM #14

Nope, you're all wrong. Camigwen ties Caspian up there as a way to unwind in the evenings.....

Feel free to check out my YouTube channel Frithgar

3/2/2016 7:39:58 PM #15

And then one day they forget to lock the door and one of their kids walks into the room?:P

“Must I undertake to prove that the slave is a man? That point is conceded already. Nobody doubts it. How should I look today, in the presence of you, dividing, and subdividing a discourse, to show that men have a natural right to freedom? To do so, would be to make myself ridiculous, and to offer an insult to your understanding.” - Paul Gilroy