COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
List of Professions

How do I find out exactly what professions the game mechanics allow? Is falconry a possibility?

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.

12/8/2018 9:32:19 PM #1

Here is a profession List: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Crafting#Professions_List

Friend Code: B08D3B

12/8/2018 9:41:29 PM #2

What wolfens linked to is a valid list, but there are as many professions as you can think up.

CoE doesn't have professions in the traditional sense so much as a set of skills that you can use to do various things.

If you want to learn animal husbandry, and pharmaceuticals, and then some first aid too, you could feasibly call yourself a veterinarian even though that profession doesn't exist on a list anywhere.

What you need to do for Falconry is determine if Falcons exist, if you can train them, and then if you can call this your profession. The answer to the last one at least, being yes.

Likewise if you want to make any other profession a thing, consider what that profession does and research if the game mechanics will allow you to do these separate skills. An example of the most recent skill "flower" being this.

12/8/2018 9:45:22 PM #3

Per a Q&A session on Discord with Snipehunter:

Switchblade asks, "I recently watch a video of a guy using ferrets to scare rabbits out of their holes and then using a hawk to catch it. Will this be possible in CoE with taming and training animals?"

Holy crap, Switchblade I want that video, but yes if you are a very good trainer and you have trained your pets to work this way and you can support controlling two pets at once that is absolutely something that you can do. there's a whole spectrum of skill involved though so don't expect that to be easy. You don't get to be the beastmaster over night basically.

Link

12/10/2018 11:57:19 PM #4

Thank you!

Kheg-Fourm-banner-Solaris-Confed.jpg Link to recruitment post If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse or I'll lay your soul to waste.