COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Trying to Understand how the what I'm paying for works

Hi! New to the game, really excited about the concept, have some questions before I start putting down money.

I'm looking at the available A-1 packages and trying to grasp what happens as game development progresses. If I start day 1 and, for example, my horse drowns, at official launch do I see that horse from the package I purchased again? Is there a world reset at some point? I.E. I become count with town located near a rich iron vein, it get's exploited from day 1 of A-1 and is nearly exhausted at launch, when game development is completed, has that iron vein still been exploited already?

For me, the difference between a $1000 spend and a $45 spend is heavily influenced by a clear understanding of not just what I'm buying, but also understanding exactly HOW I get those resources in game where a mount ages and dies.

Ultimately I want to play this game with my friends, and I'd love to be able to experiment with their practical questions so we can have the best possible time together but buying an A-1 package isn't a financial option for most of us. Early adoption doesn't do much for me if I'm playing alone and trading off all the bonuses before the rest of my friends can join.

Can someone clear up the mechanics of how this is supposed to work?

Thank you.

Friend Code: 1C7762

12/8/2018 10:11:13 PM #1

Welcome! First of all, Alpha and Beta doesnt play on the actualy launch map. Its a randomly created map just for the purpose of Alpha and Beta. So no, a iron vein which is nearly exhausted at the end of Alpha doesnt affect anything at launch time.

If your horse dies, then its dead. You are not going to get it back again (i am talking about after launch). There is no World reset anymore after launch.

As far i am aware of, you are not getting most of the things you bought in the pack in alpha. Most of that you will get after launch. Though on that joining stuff i am sure, someone can answer better who knows more then me.

Friend Code: B08D3B

12/8/2018 10:29:21 PM #2

We don't know much about what happens after launch, but during alpha and beta nothing gets lost. You get some basic stuff to test the game at that moment, but we are not able to look ahead from this point.

But here are some helpful links. Start reading it now and we'll see you back in a week or so :)

The five Kingdoms of Selene (EU):

The Kingdom of Nirath
Kingdom of Tryggr
Kingdom of Arkadia
Kingdom of AL-Khezam
Demalion Empire

The five Kingdoms of Angelica (NA-W):

The Kingdom of Ashland
Kingdom of Aranor
Kingdom of Tyria
Kingdom of Riftwood
Kingdom of Blackheart

The four Kingdoms of Luna (NA-E):

The Kingdom of Kairos
Kingdom of Vornair
Kingdom of Alésia
Kingdom of Bordweal

The three Kingdoms of Oceanus (APAC):

The Kingdom of Lor Voskara
Kingdom of Aequitas
Kingdom of Tylsia

Overview
Game Overview
Vision
Design Pillars
Souls
Roles
FAQs

World
Game World
Biomes
Domains
Settlements
Tribes
Flora & Fauna
Items
Player Politics
Server Uniqueness

Game Guide
Guide
Evolving Story
Characters Character creation
Families
AI
Skills
Lifecycles
Environment
Settlements
Politics

Miscellaneous
Lore
Getting Started

12/8/2018 10:36:22 PM #3

Posted By Wolfens at 3:11 PM - Sat Dec 08 2018

Welcome! First of all, Alpha and Beta doesnt play on the actualy launch map. Its a randomly created map just for the purpose of Alpha and Beta. So no, a iron vein which is nearly exhausted at the end of Alpha doesnt affect anything at launch time.

If your horse dies, then its dead. You are not going to get it back again (i am talking about after launch). There is no World reset anymore after launch.

As far i am aware of, you are not getting most of the things you bought in the pack in alpha. Most of that you will get after launch. Though on that joining stuff i am sure, someone can answer better who knows more then me.

Maybe some people know better than you about the whole game but you answered the questions I needed answered. Thank you!

Friend Code: 1C7762

1/25/2019 2:10:50 AM #4

Thanks for all the links Ilyria, you saved me a lot of time searching

Friend Code: E72941

sig coming soon ;)

I found, I came, I saw, I liked.....I purchased!

1/26/2019 1:41:45 AM #5

I'm most excited about Exposition myself (if you've gotten through the links above, it's the three-month period before launch where the servers DON'T get reset). We'll literally be making history!

2/1/2019 5:14:46 AM #6

Posted By Sildadia at

Hi! New to the game, really excited about the concept, have some questions before I start putting down money.

I'm looking at the available A-1 packages and trying to grasp what happens as game development progresses. If I start day 1 and, for example, my horse drowns, at official launch do I see that horse from the package I purchased again? Is there a world reset at some point? I.E. I become count with town located near a rich iron vein, it get's exploited from day 1 of A-1 and is nearly exhausted at launch, when game development is completed, has that iron vein still been exploited already?

For me, the difference between a $1000 spend and a $45 spend is heavily influenced by a clear understanding of not just what I'm buying, but also understanding exactly HOW I get those resources in game where a mount ages and dies.

Ultimately I want to play this game with my friends, and I'd love to be able to experiment with their practical questions so we can have the best possible time together but buying an A-1 package isn't a financial option for most of us. Early adoption doesn't do much for me if I'm playing alone and trading off all the bonuses before the rest of my friends can join.

Can someone clear up the mechanics of how this is supposed to work?

Thank you.

Well to bhe honest you have spent quite a lot in this game, your RANK 8 for example, like I got a courtier package from TFK event and Im only rank 7 as an example. So join the discord and ask your questions there, there is pretty much a whole community there LIVE able to help you figure out the value of what your buying and work out whats what / cheers !

2/4/2019 9:01:48 PM #7

wanted to know it too

2/4/2019 10:00:44 PM #8

At some point during alpha/beta, I'm assuming the devs are going to turn the 'switch' on for us to use and get our account items as a duplicate copy on the test servers just to make sure there are no serious issues with players getting these items. Now, any items lost during this time period may or may not be lost till the end of the tests. Once exposition starts, all those items will be available again in your account, but now when they are lost, stolen. killed, burnt, or destroyed, those items will be lost to you. In the case of lost or stolen items, there is the chance of you finding or retrieving the item(s).

Hope this helps.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.