COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Multiple identities

So, I was thinking, What happens if somebody manages to get 2 legendary identities? do they get twice as much SP than a "normal" legendary character who only has one identity? Or is this not the case?

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/9/2018 1:03:37 AM #1

Posted By AlexGTheGamer at

So, I was thinking, What happens if somebody manages to get 2 legendary identities? do they get twice as much SP than a "normal" legendary character who only has one identity? Or is this not the case?

Isn't that called being "two faced"? :D

12/9/2018 1:11:47 AM #2

In this design journal here they go into detail about the weight of peoples identities, so to speak. And the fact that a King being killed is going to lose a lot more of their total life span than some unknown peasant.

There is also another Discord post by Caspian from about a year ago I don't feel like diggin up, but the gist of it is that all of your identities combine to make a total of what happens as far as story points, death penalties, etc.

So if you do somehow pull off having 2 legendary identities, like say you were the King, and also Robin hood, Then you get story points based on both of them.

TLDR, Yes.

12/9/2018 6:04:39 AM #3

Now you have me thinking... if a King was disguised as a peasant when they died, would they lose as much of their life span? Theoretically, no one would know the king is dead.

12/9/2018 6:06:41 AM #4

Yes they still lose as much lifespan, lol.

It isn't about common knowledge it is about truth.

If the King dresses like a peasant he isn't a peasant, he is a poorly dressed King.

12/9/2018 7:24:20 AM #5

The fame multiplier for spirit loss is cumulative I think, rather than an average. So You would have the peasant's loss added to the king's loss for each identity.

Also known as AvA in Discord.

12/9/2018 9:19:50 PM #6

Posted By AvariciaMoon at 01:24 AM - Sun Dec 09 2018

The fame multiplier for spirit loss is cumulative I think, rather than an average. So You would have the peasant's loss added to the king's loss for each identity.

Correct. You lose spark time based on the sum of every identity you have had, whether anyone knew they were all connected or not.

12/10/2018 1:56:12 AM #7

Ok, nice to know. I can imagine it fun to try to become 2 different kings with 2 different identities at the same time. Lol. I'd just need to try to avoid having an audience with myself.

(My friend code is 5D39A6)

12/10/2018 8:57:57 PM #8

I imagine that there's some type of cap on fame, and Kings are likely close to it by default. I recall examples that refer to how much jour identity is used in gossip. The king will likely be gossiped about quite a lot. But it also brings a point about personal fame. If you are known among the common people of several kingdoms, you are likely approaching that same dangerous level of significance, and will take a proportional lifespan hit on death. Word to the wise: keep a low profile.

12/12/2018 1:54:15 PM #9

Posted By malachid at 11:04 PM - Sat Dec 08 2018

Now you have me thinking... if a King was disguised as a peasant when they died, would they lose as much of their life span? Theoretically, no one would know the king is dead.

Spirit loss isn't tied to the identity like that. The identity you use can accumulate fame/reputation/notoriety and the actions (good or bad) will be tied to the identity allowing someone in the possession of an identity use to commit crime to be punish for those crimes. You still have your character's identity which you can never shake. Your death is tied to that permanent identity and the fame/notoriety associated with that.

To the OP:

No. You can only use one identity at a time even if you are in the possession of two legendary identities. You can only gain the benefit of increased SP for the identity you're using. There might be other factors to consider outside of the legendary quality of a disguise. Lets say you have a legendary identity as a sheriff from Kingdom A and a legendary identity of an assassin from Kingdom D. You're currently in Kingdom E where no one has heard of the sheriff identity from Kingdom A but at least half of the kingdom has heard about the assassin identity you have. Given the sheriff and assassin identities have the same level of fame, you might get more points for using the assassin identity in that region to get more SP.... but this is only speculation.