COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Recent lich/vampire informations?

I see many thread talking about liches and vampire. Is there a recent video/news from Soulbound Studio talking about liches and vampires?

Friend code: D84D85

Qc

12/9/2018 3:57:56 AM #1

No I think there is just a few new people with a passion for them.

Most of the info shared is all old, unless I missed any comments.

No new info that I have seen, and no Q&As I've seen either

12/9/2018 4:17:51 AM #2

I for one hope they are not included or if they are added later as part of a storyline. Just let the game be released before adding stuff only a small portion of the community care about.

Click Banner To Visit town. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

12/9/2018 4:40:48 AM #3

Most of the information is old and from a few brief conversations, but as a reminder according to SBS it is incredibly unlikely you would ever run across these things in game (or other sorts of supernatural monsters). Magic and Monsters are considered mythological and thus practically, if not literally, non-existent for the most part. For all we know they won't even exist unless certain things happen in the story, we just don't know and they don't want to tell either. What we do know is that we should not "expect" to even run into such things in our time playing, they will be extremely rare.

This won't be like ESO where you just go camp the vampire/werewolf spawn to grab your template - should even a single one of these creatures appear they will be devastating and unnatural forces in the world with grave reactions from players and NPCs.

12/9/2018 4:47:23 AM #4

Incredibly unlikely you would ever run across one.

And yet, someone must run across one...

12/9/2018 7:46:56 AM #5

The rumored effect of defeat (CDG) by a vampire is a loss of the character's soul. That means, you lose a character slot! You can only get it back if the vampire is CDGed by a non-vampire. If this turns out to be true, I don't see how vampires can be playable characters.

Of course, I took all this from player chatter on Discord. I don't believe any of it is official SBS or reflects actual SBS intentions. But I could be wrong.

Check back for further misinformation.

12/9/2018 10:14:43 AM #6

Guys calm down. I dont expect to become a lich/vampire but i like the informations about these mystical creatures. Hearing a story about a lich or a vampire in a tavern would be very nice though

Friend code: D84D85

Qc

12/9/2018 12:41:16 PM #7

My county is full of werewolves. You should definitely come see.

12/10/2018 4:01:09 AM #8

Posted in Discord Soul-Chamber ##4.15.2018#Supernatural#

Caspian: We call them vampires because we have no other name for them. They feed on the souls of Mann-kind, set upon them by their sire. But they cannot operate in the light of Angelica or in the life of Ao, as they are beings of darkness and death, always mindful of the retribution of Angelica.

These vampires as they are called are a tragedy, for unlike liches they did not seek out this soulless existence. It cast upon them. But they will spend eternity hungering for the soul they no longer possess. They are sentient. But their need to drain the spirit of others is real and unending. Wherever such a creature exists, Mannkind will suffer spirit loss for its survival.

ImmaculateDeception: The big question is, if a Vampire sucks out part of your soul, do you lose part of your skill ramp?

Caspian : No. You assume the first vampire is Mannkind. It is not.

Mannkind are the descendants of Mann. But man is a being of Life. These things are no children of Ao, or of Angelica. Evil is subjective. Nobody has said they are evil.

Here is a brain teaser... if liches are evil, and vampires are evil, and vampires are the natural predator of liches, are vampires good? Is the enemy of my enemy my friend? Or just a different enemy?

The irony is, we've never actually said what a lich "is".

Dont forget the Lycanthropes. Could be lycanthropes, therianthropes, or just metamorphs. And if so, if such a thing exists, is it a Talent, a ceremony, a curse, or disease?

Tiffany - By the way, with all of this talk about souls... Are all NPC's vacant/Tairm refered to in the Brudvir lore or is that referring to something related to say vampires/liches? You seemed to indicate earlier in the chat that vampires don't have souls which is why they eat them.

Caspian - Vampyrs don't have souls. They are Soulless, like liches.

SirApetus - Is that the spelling you guys are using? Vampyrs?

Caspian - Just tried it to see how it looks. Trying to differentiate what we have vs. the more traditional "Vampire." Not sold yet. :smiley: Right now we have Soulless for those that have lost or forfeited their souls.

Posted in Discord COE-Common-Room 05/25/2018

(OCE) iSagana: Once you die as a vampire you lose all your skill ramps on that soul High risk high reward

Caspian: More specifically, once you become a Vampire, your soul is no longer a part of you and gains no more skill as part of your advancement.

Put simply, if you become a vampire, your soul stops progressing during the current lifetime, as it is no longer a part of you. You don't forget anything, and you still advance, but the progression is not tracked on your soul. Instead, you simply live "forever" and can continue to gain skills and attributes in the current lifetime.

So a Vampire is trading becoming very powerful in the current lifetime, in exchange for not being able to carry that over to the next one. But it's important to note, Vampirism is not something you'll want to seek out. Because until you get your Soul back, it remains with the Vampire who took it. If you die, your Soul will not be in the Akashic Records for you to make a new character with. You'll find you have to move on to advancing a different soul.

Tiffany Maliclot: The only reason I'd become a vampire is to create a dhampyr offspring with the character of my choice if the vampire I'd found is too far away from my desired aesthetic to create the desired dhampyr offspring with.

Caspian: That's the thing though... You don't really get the choice now do you? :smiley: It's really up to the other Vampire.

Count Sicarius Anatar: If vampires are the natural predator of liches. Does that mean they might appear at the same time? Or close to each other?

Caspian: Vampires are natural predators, but that doesn't mean they are at all related.

Those who fail to learn the historical maneuvers of the Great Dance are doomed to repeating a classic misstep. -- FC--96C878

12/10/2018 8:12:56 AM #9

Posted By DuffydeConcierge at 05:40 AM - Sun Dec 09 2018

Most of the information is old and from a few brief conversations, but as a reminder according to SBS it is incredibly unlikely you would ever run across these things in game (or other sorts of supernatural monsters). Magic and Monsters are considered mythological and thus practically, if not literally, non-existent for the most part.

literally the first cave ppl are send to to learn the basics of the game is about miners that were cursed to be all insane.