COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Any one else see the game Atlas is about to drop?

I bring it up because it seems to have many of the promised systems of COE in it but in a pirate setting. The makers of ark are doing it. I will read a few reviews before I buy but it looks very interesting.

12/18/2018 11:57:37 AM #1

I agree. Don't join the hype. It will be in early release for at least two years.

12/18/2018 1:23:58 PM #2

There's a bunch of us from various EU CoE communities that will be playing together on the EU PVP server. You're free to join us here: https://discord.gg/TwxT3RN

12/18/2018 2:11:42 PM #3

Thanks for the invite but my kingdom is doing that as well. :)

12/19/2018 1:31:51 PM #4

I'm definitely looking to check Atlas out, but the fact they have Fast Travel means their 45,000 square km world will play very differently than CoE.

I was a bit disappointed that it seems every island will only be about the size of an Ark server. Some size variation would be nice, but for only $25, I'm not sure how I can avoid taking a peak.

The Pirate theme will ensure chaos... "Pirate!"

Chronicles of Elyria Kickstarter backer #2!

12/19/2018 4:18:11 PM #5

Yeah this one has grabbed my eye. I always liked the Ark developers, just not the direction the game went. This has huge potential.

12/19/2018 5:16:30 PM #6

Posted By KalTheo at 2:31 PM - Wed Dec 19 2018

I'm definitely looking to check Atlas out, but the fact they have Fast Travel means their 45,000 square km world will play very differently than CoE.

I was a bit disappointed that it seems every island will only be about the size of an Ark server. Some size variation would be nice, but for only $25, I'm not sure how I can avoid taking a peak.

The Pirate theme will ensure chaos... "Pirate!"

at least, the fast travel will only travel your character and only to parts of the world that you already unlocked. Clearly better than fast travel for goods... or just teleporting anywhere. And with characters dieing (after EA phase) after ageing, you'll have to reexplore all these spots.

One might argue, that even the most part of Elyria is water, so CoE is the same game with much bigger size^^ But that would ignore many nice CoE features. Still, Atlas sounds great.

Friend Code: 30EF47

12/19/2018 5:57:52 PM #7

honestly ark could have been better if the resource is limited and can be recycled

" Death is only the beginning ! "

Friend Code: 488BBA

12/25/2018 12:06:33 PM #8

Posted By Ilyria at 9:57 PM - Tue Dec 18 2018

I agree. Don't join the hype. It will be in early release for at least two years.

If it's anything like Ark, it'll be an alpha product for the entirety of its existence, whether they slap a 1.0 tag on it or not.

The unfortunate truth is that for all the quality of their ideas, Wildcard's development strategies and handling of their multiplayer games is absolutely terrible. And Snail, their now-parent company, seems hellbent on stepping on literally every rake Wildcard did and more as they try to move forward with other game projects.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.

12/25/2018 1:07:47 PM #9

We have a very large group currently if people are looking to play!

12/25/2018 1:58:03 PM #10

From what I saw the release was a total dumpster fire. Having said that, I was actually pretty happy in ARK once it was possible to join private servers with adjusted experience gains and tame rates.

Biggest problem with ARK was the same as with the rest of the surv. PvP genre - 90% of the PvP is just offline base raiding. Made PvE the only really enjoyable aspect of the game. And once you've tamed and bred your way through all the species there isn't much left to do but build.

I'll maybe check it out down the track but by the time it settles in I'm hoping we'll have early playable CoE versions.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

12/25/2018 2:40:33 PM #11

I'd rather give SBS another $550 than spend a single cent on anything created by the Ark developers. Atlas has been revealed to be nothing more than a poorly constructed DLC for Ark which is being sold as a separate game for maximum monetary gain.

12/25/2018 3:13:13 PM #12

Can't say I have tried it myself. But reading the reviews. Seems they didn't just drop the ball on the launch, but utterly failed it. Some reviewers are saying they found a secret menu, that leads them to Ark and can select single player mode. While naturally does nothing. Why anyone would buy an MMO EA game in the first place is something confusing.

12/25/2018 5:38:19 PM #13

Posted By Gunnlang at 10:13 AM - Tue Dec 25 2018

Why anyone would buy an MMO EA game in the first place is something confusing.

You're being ironic here, right?

12/25/2018 11:29:29 PM #14

Sooooooo, glad I waited on buying this title. Something in the back of my head kept saying wait, it sounds too good to be true. Some of the footage I saw looked like it could be fun but the graphics are nowhere near as good as advertised among so many other things.

I mean I understand it's EA but shouldn't even an EA game have some minimum requirements? There seems a nasty trend of developers hiding behind the EA title lately as an excuse for a shoddy release. And it seems they are starting to pay for it.

12/26/2018 12:25:50 AM #15

Posted By mickdude2 at 04:38 AM - Wed Dec 26 2018

Posted By Gunnlang at 10:13 AM - Tue Dec 25 2018

Why anyone would buy an MMO EA game in the first place is something confusing.

You're being ironic here, right?

Seeing as CoE is going a normal alpha/beta. I don't class it as the same. As atlas is doing just early access. Where they have to release enough of the game for something to do. It's really going to be a buggy mess for years. I don't really understand why games in general mostly go through early access. Seems like there is nothing wrong doing a normal alpha/beta.