COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Should upgrade from Mayor to Courtier

Hey everyone I’m a Mayor in NA-E Luna in K6 .. initially I wanted to be a mayor but I know for a fact I want a more active role within my kingdom and I’m up for the challenge and responsibility but I don’t know if it’s truly worth me paying that $700 what are some of your opinions?

12/22/2018 6:39:18 PM #1

As someone who is trying to save up for the courtier package before it goes away, I'd say if you can afford it and are truly wanting the challenge, go for it. Even if you fail, you'll still be gaining valuable experience.

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

12/22/2018 11:24:50 PM #2

If you have/get bloodline and a ton of EP, you have the ability to become mayor. It generally just requires a settlement of the right size (with all requirements therein) and being the major land-owner. So you won't be able to choose a settlement during Domain and Settlement Selection, but during exposition you could create your town anyways and if you create empty workstations and houses, NPC's might migrate to your town.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

12/22/2018 11:48:32 PM #3

no. you should not. because you seam unsure about it and that is a lot of money. besides, there seams to be an overabundance of nobles in CoE right now. if you want to play the game of thrones, fine, but it might as well be lost as soon as 1-3 months after release. so don't do it.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

12/22/2018 11:53:56 PM #4

Thanks for the replies but it’s not that I’m unsure it’s just recruitment is tough for this stage of the game because a lot of the folllowing has already chosen where they are going but I’m def up for the challenge and I’ve decided to go for it I know the risks but willing to take it

12/23/2018 12:06:01 AM #5

I wouldn't worry at all Morgalf, we are just around the corner of Domain and Settlement Selection, and I expect to see both a lot of new activity, as well as a bunch of Kingdom shuffling as some people may or may not get what they wanted.

I do however usually suggest that people pick what is more important to them between Kingdom and Tribe, and be flexible with the other option.

If you want to be in a certain Kingdom, a certain Duchy, a certain County even, then your options are going to come down to luck as far as placement is concerned.

If what is important is your tribe of choice, then your options for Kingdom and such are suddenly determined by what takes place in the up coming Selection.

Best of luck with your new package though, and if you want to explore some options for where to settle down, I know our Duchy Thorne is always accepting new members.