COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
[NA-W] Huldric Nomination for the Sunstone.

Greetings fellow Elyrians!

This thread is to formally announce my intentions to participate in the running for Guardian of the Sunstone. While I have been somewhat quiet on the public front, gauging the level of competition on NA-W and garnering support from friends and colleagues alike. I feel like this announcement should be in classic Huldric fashion. As some of you may be aware, I have run several competitions in the past, much to the delight of some of the members of the overall CoE community. This competition will slightly different. While some of the other runners for the Sunstone wish to do fantastic raffles and drawings for whoever donates the most coins, I decided to take a different approach.

As a veteran of the U.S. Army, I have participated in many Combined Federal Campaigns (CFC) for charities that range from the raising of Suicide Awareness to more local focused charities such as animal shelters. What I would like to do here today, is tie in my passion for Chronicles of Elyria and desire to help others. Being that this is the season for giving, and I have your attention on this platform, I am willing to donate to two charities this year. The Wounded Warrior Project and , Sylvae's pet charity, Defenders of the Wildlife.

• Wounded Warrior Project - More than 52,000 servicemen and women physically injured in recent military conflicts. 500,000 living with invisible wounds, from depression to post-traumatic stress disorder. 320,000 experiencing debilitating brain trauma. Advancements in technology and medicine save lives – but the quality of those lives might be profoundly altered. The numbers speak for themselves, because not every warrior can. With the support of our community of donors and team members, we give a voice to those needs and empower our warriors to begin the journey to recovery.

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

• Defenders of the Wildlife - Founded in 1947, Defenders of Wildlife is a major national conservation organization focused solely on wildlife and habitat conservation and the safeguarding of biodiversity. We believe in the inherent value of wildlife and the natural world, and this singular focus defines our important niche in the environmental and conservation community and serves as the anchor for our organizational values.Defenders’ approach is direct and straightforward - We protect and restore imperiled species throughout North America by transforming policies and institutions and promoting innovative solutions – and this approach makes a lasting difference for wildlife and its habitat.

https://defenders.org/

From now until the end of the event on the 31st of December, 2018 for every 10 coins that I receive, I will donate $1 to both charities. For those of you who would like to donate straight to these charities, please click the links below.

~Wounded Warrior Project~

~Defenders of the Wildlife~

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a wonderful day.

~Huldric

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

12/24/2018 9:01:50 AM #1

Its a noble cause to donate to. Sadly I cannot donate but hopefully people can assist with such a good cause. Happy Holidays!

Duchess of Nareveth, Mayoress of Fyrebend, Duchy of Luxspring.

12/24/2018 9:30:45 AM #2

Good cause, Though I would like to see such an event not tied to your own gain as well.

Such a community event would be much better during times when it can be seen as purely an act of kindness and not a way to gather coins from people.

All the same, regardless of my feelings, I wish you luck, if you run an event like this where you stand nothing to gain I hope I catch it and would be happy to support what I could. (also hopefully not during holidays when most of us are at our most poor and unable to contribute)

12/24/2018 10:17:20 AM #3

Maybe after the event, we can work together to do a charity event, maybe each of us pick a charity or something. Though perhaps a month or so after cuz everyone going to be broke after the holidays lol.

I know I could totally get behind backing a good wildlife fund, Everyone knows how I like my wolves, and as a Vet myself, I am also always supportive of good Vet charities.

Anyhow, if after the holiday season is over, you care to work together to do some kind of community event, catch me on Discord

12/24/2018 10:48:32 AM #4

Of course! I'm always looking to help engage the community in new and exciting ways! By no means, do you have to donate coins to my cause to help support a great charity. When I created this thread, I will admit, I had a mix feelings about tying my nomination to a charity event, but seeing how many of my fellow nominees are doing events of their own. I fully mean to make this my own.

The holidays aren't about what you can get. It's about giving to others.

Donate coins, don't donate coins. If you want to support these great charities, click the links above and donate to them.

Have a happy holidays everyone!

~Huldric

12/24/2018 11:50:19 AM #5

Though I can't speak for your motives, after some thought I think the event has some merits, particularly if you are already getting coins.

I mean since you will be asking for coins anyhow, and I assume you will make donations regardless of the source of the coins, then over all the effect should be good.

Though I admit my initial response and though,t was simply that this was a gimmick to try and get coins.

Additionally I think Riftwood changing there main candidate (based on what was said in Event discord) is a slap to everyone who already supported Sylvia.

But regardless, given the fact that you will no matter what end with some coins, then donations resulting because of that has an over all positive effect.

12/24/2018 12:50:11 PM #6

Well, I can't speak for others, and I can't speak to their thoughts and feelings, but I believe with Sylvae and I joining forces for the betterment of Riftwood will benefit our Kingdom greatly.

I appreciate you voicing your opinion on my methods and I hope your charity event is as successful as mine, because at the end of the day, it's all about giving.

Have a great day, Ilhar! 😊

~Huldric

12/24/2018 3:17:36 PM #7

Ilhar, I volunteered to concede after talking it over with Huldric. Riftwood did no slapping of faces. Drop in Riftwood Discord and say hello. I don't think there's anyone who feels slighted by the switch over.

12/24/2018 4:10:21 PM #8

Hey Huldric,

First of all, I have seen some of your things in the past, and I do like them. And I do think your intentions with this event you've made, are pure.

But I think there is one flaw, and it is that, to really show how much this event you've created is funding and helping both of those great charities you linked, you will need to track it, and show those numbers to those who would support you to support those charities.

Otherwise yes, it does look like a gimmick, to get coins...and you have to show no one that you actually contributed to those organizations because of it.

I wish you the best of luck, and a Happy Holiday!

12/24/2018 9:03:49 PM #9

There's definitely no one in Riftwood that sees this switch as a problem for anyone who as already donated (myself included). It's simply a mutual agreement within our kingdom on who best to support during this event. As Sylvae said, hop on over to our discord and say hi and you'll see how friendly our community is. :)

Happy Hunting!

12/24/2018 11:30:17 PM #10

Posted By WeareElysia at 8:40 PM - Mon Dec 24 2018

Hey Huldric,

First of all, I have seen some of your things in the past, and I do like them. And I do think your intentions with this event you've made, are pure.

But I think there is one flaw, and it is that, to really show how much this event you've created is funding and helping both of those great charities you linked, you will need to track it, and show those numbers to those who would support you to support those charities.

Otherwise yes, it does look like a gimmick, to get coins...and you have to show no one that you actually contributed to those organizations because of it.

I fully agree to this. Let me see what I can get setup and get this charity drive rocking! Hey everyone! Appreciate the thoughts and opinions regarding this event and it's good to see other candidates start charity events of their own.

As it is 0400, on Christmas Day. I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

~Huldric

12/25/2018 3:29:25 AM #11

Posted By WeareElysia at 8:40 PM - Mon Dec 24 2018

Hey Huldric,

Thank you for those who have donated so far! Have a happy holidays and enjoy your time with your family, if you can. For those away from family, enjoy your holidays with those close to you.

~Huldric

12/25/2018 4:45:07 AM #12

I say any event to gather support for our brothers and sisters is a good one. There are a lot of veterans that could do more to help, me included, so thank you for your service and continued service. If you ever wander through my town in game you can count on my help. Good luck in your campaign!

12/25/2018 7:22:30 AM #13

Thank you for your kind donations! This makes it $5 to both of the charities by the end of this event. Let's keep this momentum going, shall we?

~Huldric

12/25/2018 1:26:02 PM #14

Good luck, Huldric.

NA-W "Angelica"

12/25/2018 5:48:07 PM #15

I appreciate you donating to charities that are near and dear to me.

May the best campaign Win! I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavors Huldric.