COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Land detail before buying

I read that we can buy plots of land at a land management table. The process seems simple enough.

However, how much detail about a plot of land can a buyer know? Like, I want to get a plot somewhere in the grassland. Will a smaller map with grids pop up on my screen and I just click on them to see more details then decide whether I want it or not? Or do I have to go out to see if the area I want to buy is to my liking first and then run back to the county office to buy it?

Friend Code: 1BA203

If my farming dreams fall apart, I'll just pack up and go on an adventure.

1/13/2019 1:39:02 PM #1

We haven't seen any of that UI, if it even exists yet at this early stage, so at best we would just be speculating as to how it might work.

1/14/2019 5:05:08 AM #2

Still too early to know. But based on how they're going with CoE, I would assume that one would have to actually visit the plot of land if they so wish to gain information on that land (no one buys a house IRL without first looking at it) and the table would only show very minimal information if any aside from the contract. Or at least something along these lines.

But again, this is simply my assumption. It's worth the same as dirt.

1/14/2019 7:07:17 AM #3

Would be interesting to allow cartographers to attach sketches of the characteristics of the land. Maybe elevation lines etc. But as others have mentioned, we just don't know these things yet.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

1/17/2019 1:55:32 AM #4

As far as we know, land selection will happen during exposition. (Not to confuse with domain selection)

This basically means we are already inside Elyria when we get to select. Theoretically, we can go to the land we are interested in, and take a look at its surroundings.

However, there is no guarantee we know which plot of land we see is corresponding to the one you are looking at the Count's land management table. Unless, SBS created a specific UI for that purpose, it is safer to assume only the Count knows.

Now that even if we know where that piece of land is does not mean we know what resources it hold. We will still need prospector to tell us if it has minerals, unless such info is already known by the locals (in the game world).

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren