COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Legendary Weapons

Will there be legendary weapons or items, that are very rare and op?

1/14/2019 2:04:15 PM #1

There will be items you can find with magical properties but they won't be a "world drop". You won't kill a deer and loot a weapon. From what we were told so far, magical items can be found via story, dangerous exploration, or guide to it by a personal quest. I wouldn't expect to see many people with flaming sword or anything crazy like that.

1/14/2019 3:15:30 PM #2

Posted By SirBergstein at

It's very likely, but can you find them, thats the main question here.

There is the possibility of players becoming world boss like characters, such as a Lich or Vampire, and who knows, there may be characters similar that have OP weaponry. If you can defeat them and take it, it's yours.

It will also be possible to create a legendary weapon through your own gameplay, because say your a soldier with a sword, and through a course of events, your the one who kills the Lich after all the other requirements needed to kill one... your sword would no doubt go down in legend because it killed this great world boss that no one else could kill, thus making your sword "legendary".... would it be OP? A sword is only as good as the one holding it ;)

1/14/2019 3:25:42 PM #3

So there can be (very rare) opponents which you have to fight whit three or more Players, to have a chance?

1/14/2019 3:31:21 PM #4

Posted By Nagash at 4:15 PM - Mon Jan 14 2019

It's very likely, but can you find them, thats the main question here.

There is the possibility of players becoming world boss like characters, such as a Lich or Vampire, and who knows, there may be characters similar that have OP weaponry. If you can defeat them and take it, it's yours.

It will also be possible to create a legendary weapon through your own gameplay, because say your a soldier with a sword, and through a course of events, your the one who kills the Lich after all the other requirements needed to kill one... your sword would no doubt go down in legend because it killed this great world boss that no one else could kill, thus making your sword "legendary".... would it be OP? A sword is only as good as the one holding it ;)

Thank you. Okay, also Legendary is not equal strong.

Is it possible that a Kingdom uses Lichs or Vampires as a Weapon?

1/14/2019 8:54:07 PM #5

It is likely that most Kingdoms will militarize/utilize anything they can to ensure the safety of their population. Vampires and Liches will be no different if people can harness them in that way. :)

1/14/2019 10:21:42 PM #6

I love the idea of legendary weapons in this game.

But yeah the recent posters are very right, its important to point out that these things will be extremely rare. If players are looking for a seriously powerful weapon they will make the trek to a famous blacksmith with a handful of gems as payment (or something).

1/15/2019 6:38:48 AM #7

If players had legendary weapons I dont think they will carr y it around with them specially if it doesnt give an advantage. Its better to keep such an item hidden than get it lost from your next CDG...

alt text

1/16/2019 2:03:11 AM #8

kill a Monarch with a spoon, with everyone watching, I'm sure it is about to become legendary!

1/16/2019 3:31:10 AM #9

SBS has said that having a legendary weapon does not mean that they you be more powerful. They said that legendary items will be more like sting from lord of the rings where the sword glows when goblins are near. For example you kill a vampire and now your sword glows when a vampire is near.

3/3/2019 6:53:32 PM #10

ez weapon grind

3/4/2019 3:28:05 PM #11

Posted By SirBergstein at 07:25 AM - Mon Jan 14 2019

So there can be (very rare) opponents which you have to fight whit three or more Players, to have a chance?

Three or more? I dont think three people can take on a Lich....Id say at least eight ppl, two squads.

3/30/2019 7:34:19 AM #12

Idk where everybody is getting this Lich info from, but tbh becoming a Lich is my dream character, so if it’s even in the works, can someone link me the article that mentions it?

3/30/2019 9:10:47 AM #13

I am sure SBS has stated that nothing will be OP, that at the end of the day, a person of greater skill wielding a "common" weapon, will still be able to beat someone with a legendary weapon.

If this is not true than I would like to read the source that says otherwise

3/30/2019 4:02:34 PM #14

A legendary item will be legendary for the story that surrounds it, but it won’t suddenly become stronger.

And even if due to some element in the story it becomes “blessed” or “cursed” or whatever it will not make it “OP”, this is not that type of game.

Magic is very rare, so expect not to see it, and be wowed when you actually see it. That counts for skills as well as magical items.

Note that legendary is a word meaning that it has a legendary reputation, it doesn’t mean that it’s a good quality, those two are not related.

Relics and artifacts of ancient times can have long lost magic, but those are of course rare.

Posted By TheCoz at 10:28 AM - Mon Mar 04 2019

Three or more? I dont think three people can take on a Lich....Id say at least eight ppl, two squads.

A lich isn’t neccesarily strong (a vampire on the other hand, is). A lich is resilient, because it just never really dies unless you destroy the phylactery, killing a lich is not particularly hard and can be done by 1 very skilled fighter, or a small group of fighters, keeping him dead is the problem.

Posted By TheCoz at 10:28 AM - Mon Mar 04 2019

Posted By Vakshna at 02:34 AM - Sat Mar 30 2019

Idk where everybody is getting this Lich info from, but tbh becoming a Lich is my dream character, so if it’s even in the works, can someone link me the article that mentions it?

They’re just bedtime stories, or are they?

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

3/30/2019 8:03:36 PM #15

Posted By TheCoz at 08:28 AM - Mon Mar 04 2019

It doesn't matter how many people you have you can't kill a lich unless you find its phylactery.