COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Player Driven Courier Service?

Hello, new here and excited. I know my name is kind of sneaky but I don't think I'd be a thief or pick-pocket in game.

This might sound a bit crazy but I thought it would be cool to have a small nomadic family or group that delivers things for other players from place to place. Like say you have a sister a few towns away who needs some resources that you have, but can't make the trip yourself. Or to have someone deliver a message to a King or Assassin or whoever.

Could a player driven courier service or mail delivery be a thing?

1/15/2019 4:42:27 AM #1

Absolutely. I think it would be in high demand too, especially for trading and delivering goods.

1/15/2019 4:59:21 AM #2

Sweet, I can't wait to try it out. I imagine it would be difficult at first when starting. Wonder if I'd need like a body guard to help from getting raided from bandits lol.

If the destination is particularly far, especially if you need to travel through uninhabited lands, I wonder if trade outposts would help. They may serve as a rest stop or be used for relay deliveries.

1/15/2019 8:54:04 AM #3

They will be needed for sure but I don't know how well a public courier would do. There will be some public couriers but they will need to have the charisma to get people to trust them in a survival game, which is not easy. A courier for the king, dukes, and counts will be easier since they have the power to go after you themselves if needed. The contract system will help a bit but trusting someone else with your crafts or your "living" will take some time.

I know someone that wants to do like a chain of stores and try to become something like a UPS. I know there are kingdoms looking for someone that would like to get into something like that.

1/16/2019 1:51:56 AM #4

Posted By Thievisher at

Hello, new here and excited. I know my name is kind of sneaky but I don't think I'd be a thief or pick-pocket in game.

This might sound a bit crazy but I thought it would be cool to have a small nomadic family or group that delivers things for other players from place to place. Like say you have a sister a few towns away who needs some resources that you have, but can't make the trip yourself. Or to have someone deliver a message to a King or Assassin or whoever.

Could a player driven courier service or mail delivery be a thing?

Could always join the Elyrian Initiative, we want to help establish a courier service internationally, not necessarily run it ourselves but help whomever wants to run one or be part of it. Perhaps we could help you build this into a known guild/Association of your own.

Let me know if your interested.

1/16/2019 1:56:01 AM #5

As other's have stated this is absolutely a needed service. Reliable and TRUSTWORTHY couriers will be in high demand!

1/16/2019 3:38:21 AM #6

SBS has talked about this being a possible. Through the contract system it sounds like you could make a contract with the sender to have the recipient pay the courier on delivery, taking out some of the worry that the courier won't deliver.

1/17/2019 5:50:39 AM #7

Posted By Azmodeth at 7:51 PM - Tue Jan 15 2019

Could always join the Elyrian Initiative, we want to help establish a courier service internationally, not necessarily run it ourselves but help whomever wants to run one or be part of it. Perhaps we could help you build this into a known guild/Association of your own.

Let me know if your interested.

That sounds awesome, I'm pretty interested. Honestly, I feel like being a courier would be the best opportunity to explore the whole map while making some coins on the side. I can't see myself hunkered down in one spot for long anyways. At this point, this is how I plan to play the game. I'll admit though, I just found out about this game a few days ago and haven't yet read everything about it.

1/17/2019 7:04:49 AM #8

Jobs like this are so important.

For OCE we will be in huge need of ferrymen looking to do this very thing.

1/18/2019 9:59:40 PM #9

If I were going to hire you to deliver some goods for me, I would want to see that you have some muscle with you to protect my goods. Wild beasts, monsters, Bandits, Highwaymen, etc can easily prevent my goods to getting to their destination. So I would hire a courier service who had a lot of muscle with them. Even if it meant I had to pay more for the service.