COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Differences between Kingdoms

I haven't pledged anything yet as I am not sure what I want to do just yet, but I am curious about a couple things that should help me choose a course. I am leaning toward Founder of the remaining options, though might consider bottom tier Gentry. I am most interested in an active roleplay experience and developing a character story, so this game has the potential to be just what I am looking for.

I would likely be playing NA-West server, but am not sure I understand the differences in the Kingdoms within the server. Are there significant differences depending on the chosen Kingdom? Are certain Kingdoms inhabited by specific Tribes and what Tribe you choose determines what Kingdom?

If it's just about the player base, is there any inkling of which community will be least likely to have people just randomly killing newbies or unskilled players and preventing us from enjoying the game? I know griefers are everywhere, but if the communities have already formed in the discord, maybe there is a sense where the majority of jerks have settled? I realize asking jerks to identify themselves as jerks isn't the best way to go about it, but if anyone who has explored all the discords can give a summary of the main differences, it would be helpful, I think.

thanks for any input!

reptiles are misunderstood and unforgiven ~ unknown

1/17/2019 12:02:25 AM #1

NA-W
Angelica Domains
Angelica Organizations
NA-E
Luna Domains
Luna Organizations
EU
Selene Domains
Selene Organizations
OCE
Oceanus Domains
Oceanus Organizations

Alright, just putting that there so you have them links.

The problem with what you are asking is that no one is going to come tell you "these people are jerks" and have it be an unbiased opinion. It is physically impossible!

If you have an unbiased opinion you do what I do and tell people to check out the stickied kingdom recruitment posts, find one you like, and tell them to hit the discords up to get a feel for the communities.

If you are biased, you simply bash others and tell people to come check out your discord.

I'd finish by linking you to our duchy discord, but that would defeat my whole arguement :D

Look around, get to know people, don't feel like there is a rush because for me, finding people you like it of the utmost importance to stickin with this game.

1/17/2019 3:30:16 AM #2

It's true. I guess I just wanted to know if there was a Kingdom that allows for more griefing than others, you know? Those links will be helpful in sorting out the differences though, so thanks.

reptiles are misunderstood and unforgiven ~ unknown

1/17/2019 3:47:32 AM #3

Try to talk to all the kingdoms you can in discord. Talk to different members- not just Kings and Dukes, but regular citizens as well. Under no circumstance mention that you're looking for a home; recruiters will bend over backwards with promises they can't fulfill in order to win your favor. Find people you like, and who like you, and make that work.

1/17/2019 4:37:25 AM #4

Different kingdoms will be inhabited by different tribes. We don’t know which yet. That hasn’t been finalized. There is still a lot of speculation.

Some tribes may be in more than one kingdom, but no kingdom will have more than 4 different tribes. If you are focused on a specific tribe, I say go with that tribe and then look at the kingdom or kingdoms with that tribe when we know which kingdom has which.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

1/17/2019 6:08:19 AM #5

Kingdoms are ran by players, so kingdoms on different servers may have a widely different atmosphere. Moreover, since each server has a different map, the resources available and diplomatic relationships can be completely different.

But as Caspian said multiple times, it is advised that we pick server with minimal pings, but personally, I feel the community you join is equally important.

I will just link you the maps for NA-E and NA-W then.

Angelica (NA-W)

Luna (NA-E)

Click here for maps for each server

As you can see, Kingdom 1 on both map are made up of the same tribes : Hrothi and Brudvir. Tribes making up each kingdom are gonna be same across each server, except for OCE which only has 4 kingdoms.

Now, are there any kingdoms that can guarantee your safety? To be honest, even if anyone claim they can, I would doubt that.

First, we have to visualize how big the CoE world is :

How can a single organization project his power over this vast land? A more reasonable expectation is that the locals in your surroundings are the one who maintain your peace. Therefore, I would recommend you to choose at a settlement / county level. Though the Dukes are the one who fund barons for armed forces, barons may not be reacting quick enough to save the day.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren