[NA-E] County of Trent

Server: Luna (NA-E)

Kingdom: Alésia

Duchy: Aravier

Capital: tbd

Tribe: Neran

Welcome

Greetings,

I am Amadio von Tirol, Count of Trent, devout follower of the Virtori. Hearken, friend: Trent beckons to those wishing to be free from brutes, whether of wretched or noble birth, infringing upon their person and property. No truer words have ever been spoken!

My great and noble ancestors have for generations safeguarded the liberties of the people, provided protection from brigands and invaders, and patronized the church, arts and sciences. Trent – having survived the turmoils of the Deranged King – now has developed into a haven for pilgrims, merchants, thinkers, craftsmen and artists alike. With reasonable taxes and little interference from officials in the lives of ordinary folk, great fortunes are within reach to the ambitious.

Those gifted in the ways of war have made Trent their home, as His Grace the Duke requires well provisioned and trained men at arms. Many have gone on to become knights renowned for their valor and chivalry. Mayors and Barons have honorably served as principle advisors and ministers to the Counts, enjoying the respect befitting their station as aristocrats.

All who come to Trent agree, there is no more beautiful a place to make a home. If you seek to take control of your destiny, join us!

Vision & Philosophy

I wish for Trent to develop into a wealthy and stable place where all players are given the opportunity to play as they like, as I believe video games should be fun and accessible. My purpose as Count is to provide stable and fair governance in a minimally intrusive manner, to invest in infrastructure and make wise use of Trent’s resources. The majority of ordinary players will be largely unencumbered by me. In other words, do not expect me to be a dictator. I believe in ruling with a light touch, with respect for the players, and always with the interests of Trent being of paramount importance. While this is not a democracy, know that I plan to be an enlightened ruler.

Created by Kenneth Camaro: https://www.artstation.com/kenncamaro

About the County

The capital settlement, TBD, is a beautiful walled city bustling with life and serving as both an economic and cultural center for the Duchy. The Grand Church of the Virtori Faithful receives great support from the Count, and with his patronage have established a cathedral and shrine to the Virtue Iustus, attracting pilgrims from across the Kingdom. Alchemists, scribes and astronomers also flock to the University of Trent to research and discover the secrets of Elyria. Students enjoy the privilege of being unburdened by local taxation.

Adjacent to the cathedral at the city center lies the Great Forum where merchants from across Elyria are left free to sell their wares without interference from burdensome regulations. This has lead to the development of not only a vibrant economy, but also a culture that values independence and ingenuity. Consequently, even those afflicted with great vice can make a living, though in practice they must do so discretely to avoid the condemnation of the faithful residents.

Owing to the defensive needs of the Duchy, it is not uncommon to find knights errant using the county as a staging point and place of respite. In recent years the Count has actively encouraged those of martial prowess to make their home in Trent. The ever present threat of war due to the proximity of a neighboring Kingdom and the behavior of the lawless has required a renewed effort to maintain a contingent of brave souls willing to die for the sake of justice and the protection of the weak.

Trent seeks interested warriors, merchants, craftsmen, scholars, artists, clergy and others to establish roots in the county. Guilds, banks and other private institutions are also most welcome.

Governance

Trent is governed in a manner designed to maximize personal liberty and minimize state interference. Mayors and Barons function as not only leaders for their settlements but also provide wise counsel to the Count in matters relating to defense, taxation, the administration of justice, and the proper use of natural resources. While vassals to the Count – who has ultimate authority within Trent – these individuals are treated as invaluable partners in the pursuit of greatness. The laws of the county will always comply with and exist within the limitations of Royal and Ducal law.

Trent is currently seeking great leaders (mayors and barons) wishing to build thriving settlements.

Roleplay

Roleplay is welcome and strongly encouraged within Trent, though it is by no means mandatory.

Contact

Message me on Discord at vonT#0898 at: https://discord.gg/gN8xt97

For more information on the Duchy of Aravier

For more information on the Kingdom of Alésia: https://discord.gg/mDy6b4z

Amadio von Tirol, Count of Trent

Lord Amadio von Tirol