COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
There are no stupid questions.

I have noticed that several times a new person has been brow beat in the forums for asking a "Stupid Question". For all you new people out let me say this, there is only one stupid question. That is the one you have and don't ask. As I tell my students at the beginning of every class I teach "I cant fix it if I don't know what's broke" so ask your questions. If you have that question I can guarantee that several others have the same one but are afraid to ask for fear of looking stupid. So ask your questions!

For those of you who think some of the new guy/gal questions are stupid ones, shame on you. They are asking for help to learn about the game. If you cant reply respectfully then don't reply. Yes they may have been able to look up some if it themselves but that assumes they know where to look, a bad assumption to start with. We are here to help and not degrade.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

1/24/2019 3:41:43 PM #1

And remember folks, if all else fails, you can always create a new forum account to escape that one (or two ... or three ... or few dozen) questions you wish you'd never asked!!

Kidding of course. :D

Not about the accounts. You can create new accounts.

Anyway...

1/24/2019 3:56:48 PM #2

is it true that Earth is flat?

https://vokrugsveta.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/zatmenie-2.jpg

1/24/2019 4:18:16 PM #3

Posted By Sarmat at 10:56 AM - Thu Jan 24 2019

is it true that Earth is flat?

LOL, it wasn't the last time I checked.

Mayor, Settlement of Otterbear Creek, County of Sagehaven, Duchy of Mytharbor, Kingdom of Alesia. Friend Code: C3A1F2

A good commander knows when to fight, a great commander knows when not too.

1/24/2019 4:35:41 PM #4

Does anyone know if later on today they will start the Dev Journals with the new updates?

Someone said they will start from this Thursday or maybe the next.

Apart from that, there is another stupid question: How do I upload a profile picture as I do it quite a few times and no result as you can see?

Thank you in advance!

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

1/24/2019 5:27:10 PM #5

Posted By J0hn at 09:35 AM - Thu Jan 24 2019

Does anyone know if later on today they will start the Dev Journals with the new updates?

Someone said they will start from this Thursday or maybe the next.

Apart from that, there is another stupid question: How do I upload a profile picture as I do it quite a few times and no result as you can see?

Thank you in advance!

No one but the devs have the answer to your first question~ they do shinies every Thursday but dev journals take a long time to create and the mechanics/concept to back them up. There is however an update coming soon but we don’t know specifics of when

To upload an image to your profile you have to have a direct link to it to say like imgur or discord (discord is the easiest as you just have to upload the picture and then right click copy link)

Once you have the link you have to make sure that it says https at the beginning and you have to make sure it says the image format at the end (like .png .jpg .jpeg etc)

As per the OP I agree ~ newcomers don’t know everything or majority things like some/most of us do. Even if it has been asked a million times it’s best to be polite and helpful and direct them to the information

1/24/2019 9:47:05 PM #6

There are times one can feel a bit resigned over people who don't bother to investigate even the most basic and easily obtainable of information themselves though. I mean, it's a difference between a student asking about something in the study book they didn't read, and asking about something in the study book they didn't understand, but I digress, it doesn't warrant a sour response from the responder either way. Treat the newbies gently, the future of an online game depends on the impression of the community as well.

Besides, in the case of CoE, considering the FAQ is somewhat outdated and there's no immediate clue what in the older Dev Journals still is accurate or not there really is no correct "study book" to read to begin with.

1/25/2019 3:50:26 AM #7

Posted By ShadowTani at 3:47 PM - Thu Jan 24 2019

There are times one can feel a bit resigned over people who don't bother to investigate even the most basic and easily obtainable of information themselves though. I mean, it's a difference between a student asking about something in the study book they didn't read, and asking about something in the study book they didn't understand, but I digress, it doesn't warrant a sour response from the responder either way. Treat the newbies gently, the future of an online game depends on the impression of the community as well.

Besides, in the case of CoE, considering the FAQ is somewhat outdated and there's no immediate clue what in the older Dev Journals still is accurate or not there really is no correct "study book" to read to begin with.

This sums up my feelings towards the subject. The youtube videos are a good resource for mostly accurate information.