COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
When will it be too late to buy?

Greetings all,

Has there been any inkling of when it would be too late to back the game? I've been following along for a couple of months, and I saw the Aristocracy leave the store. I'd love to back at the Gentry level (because getting to participate in the Exposition is such a cool idea), but money is tight and I can't reasonably afford to lay down that much right now, and I'm worried that I will check back in a month and find it has disappeared, or I'll come back another month after that and find that things have been locked down even more. I know there hasn't been any word in a while on when we could reasonably expect Exposition to even start, but if it had, would you still be able to back at the Gentry level? Would I only be able to back at the Adventurer level? Would backing still be open at that point? (Does anyone even know the answers to these questions out here?)

Thanks for your help.

1/24/2019 7:31:19 PM #1

Aristocracy packages were removed because they don't make sense beyond Domain Selection, which should be happening soon. We were told as much for some time leading up to that point.

No date on Gentry packages, but I think you're probably good at least until Exposition. And that's not happening any time soon.

1/24/2019 7:39:43 PM #2

Posted By xenellekitoria at

Greetings all,

Has there been any inkling of when it would be too late to back the game? I've been following along for a couple of months, and I saw the Aristocracy leave the store. I'd love to back at the Gentry level (because getting to participate in the Exposition is such a cool idea), but money is tight and I can't reasonably afford to lay down that much right now, and I'm worried that I will check back in a month and find it has disappeared, or I'll come back another month after that and find that things have been locked down even more. I know there hasn't been any word in a while on when we could reasonably expect Exposition to even start, but if it had, would you still be able to back at the Gentry level? Would I only be able to back at the Adventurer level? Would backing still be open at that point? (Does anyone even know the answers to these questions out here?)

Thanks for your help.

It's probably worth mentioning that the features offered in the gentry packages are also available a la carte, so my understanding of it is that while a given package may no longer be available, nearly everything (including noble titles) will be able to be purchased separately at some point leading up to exposition. Don't feel like you can't still be a part of it because you can only afford part of a package.

Friend Code: 1C7762

1/24/2019 7:40:12 PM #3

Yeah, the aristocracy packages were sent to the vault as, soon, things will be laid down for the count. The listed cities, towns, and villages will be claimed by mayors and counts within kingdoms selected by the monarchs.

The gentry should be up for grabs for a while, as they don't have a concrete bit of land that needs to be given to them. The Mayor, for instance, gets a home. The Counts do as well. So, as the world is about to become a done deal, they made it to where there wouldn't be people grabbing packages that will be left empty-handed, so to speak.

Save up for the gentry package, as we haven't even seen an alpha, let alone a beta. Both half to occur before Exposition, so you should be safe.

Melfice Czermoon, Mayor of Czermoon Friend Code: 111FC9

1/24/2019 9:03:12 PM #4

My advice would be go for an Elyrian package, if you are in a position to do so and understand what you are getting into.

You can upgrade to Bloodline etc as and when you can.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

1/25/2019 1:43:13 AM #5

As far as I know, Aristocracy title may make it back to the store after people currently having the mayor title select their settlement. But it will not be returning the package as a whole, maybe just the title?

As far as my personal speculation goes : exposition access should still be available at least until we hit Kingdom of Elyria. SBS took down the monarch package before map selection to lockown kingdom number on maps. Dukes and Counts package were taken down the first time to add in server for server selection. They returned by the end of 2018 with less items within the package and became server specific. And are now once again gone in preparation of Domain & Settlement selection. Aristocracy packages are also removed in preparation of Domain & Settlement Selection.

I am just not seeing any reasons to take down exposition access before KoE.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren