COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
What is influence and how to earn it?

So I see on my profile I have a counter for something called influence. Ive read a few of the dev posts where it is mentioned for priority for things like claiming duchies, etc. however, im not sure if it does anything else or of how to earn it.

Cheers, TearsOfLA

1/25/2019 3:29:28 AM #1

Influence is awarded 10 points for every 1 USD you spend in the store on pledge packages and items.

It serves no real purpose outside of 2 things

1: Determining pick order for events like D&SS, which is only relevant to mayors+ (and the mayor+ packs are no longer available)

2: If you have 10k+ influence you get access to an Exclusive Access forum channel.

1/25/2019 3:32:39 AM #2

It has been used in the past in various ways as well a good example has been surname reservation ~ however its now open to everyone \o/

You can earn it by being involved in the community (a lot of engagement/contributions/creativity), as well as finding bugs etc! (bugs that haven't already been found anyways :P)

1/25/2019 3:46:25 AM #3

And of course, you get influence if you successfully invite someone using your friend code. If I am not mistaken they would only count if they have get a package though.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

1/25/2019 11:58:19 PM #4

One benefit of influence it seems is it enables one to post links in this forum.

As one who has none it can be wildly infuriating to quote a post which has a link and be blocked from saving.

Just recalled another benefit cant post an avatar here w/o a certain amount. ($25 it seems)

Hence I remain "a ghost in the machine."

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

1/26/2019 6:48:01 AM #5

Posted By Labbe at 8:29 PM - Thu Jan 24 2019

Influence is awarded 10 points for every 1 USD you spend in the store on pledge packages and items.

1: Determining pick order for events like D&SS, which is only relevant to mayors+ (and the mayor+ packs are no longer available)

2: If you have 10k+ influence you get access to an Exclusive Access forum channel.

You forgot the big one, when you start during Exposition.

Count Ruthgar Rugharin, County of Bragen Veld, Duchy - Conclave of Aritaur, Kingdom of Vornair.

1/26/2019 6:48:50 AM #6

Posted By Ruthgar at 11:48 PM - Fri Jan 25 2019

Posted By Labbe at 8:29 PM - Thu Jan 24 2019

You forgot the big one, when you start during Exposition.

Source? It hasnt been stated at all outside of IIRC (EXTREMELY outdated old chat before discord) that that was/is the case at all

Everything according to these forums and the official discord suggests that everyone gets in at the same time to start world building as its been updated since it is only a 3 month period with different phases for pvp/death

1/26/2019 11:17:27 AM #7

Another thing influence have been used for that was relevant for lower tier pledges outside of those mentioned by Kyleran is how the influence was used to determine an accounts voting power during server map voting.

2/1/2019 5:11:21 AM #8

Posted By TearsOfLA at

So I see on my profile I have a counter for something called influence. Ive read a few of the dev posts where it is mentioned for priority for things like claiming duchies, etc. however, im not sure if it does anything else or of how to earn it.

Right off to bat - your rank goes up based on money pledged to the game, your at rank non-existant ATM. Menaing you have not spent the minimum to buy a package (maybe soemone gifted you one or your lurking to learn if this is for you or not)

Next every dollar spent gives you 10 IP, and the higher your IP the higher in tiered order of influence you are, when it comes down tot things where we go one at a time or in order of influence. It mainly is for the much much highered tiered and now invisible/no longer available tiers though.