COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Gentry

Hello,

Since I wanted to support the development of CoE I decided to upgrade my account into a Bloodline ( Gentry ).

Obviously, I read a lot of posts and dev journals before deciding to do so but unfortunately, I found just a few things regarding the Bloodline and Gentry duties and fame in general.

I would like to know the fame it comes along to your family as a Bloodline since fame affects your death in many ways.

I would like to build an adventure family based and is really important to know the benefits/disadvantages that come along.

I'm not 100% sure but there should be some lands bits that come along with the package itself.

If anyone has a link that could help me understand better the concept of Bloodline/Gentry that would be great.

Thank you!

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

1/26/2019 4:41:50 PM #1

Bloodline is a great position, When I first bought the game that was my choice! Here is some info about land management for Gentry: https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Land_Management#Gentry

Also the Wiki page has many different subject that talk about Gentry. If you search Gentry or Bloodline there are a few pages with bits of info about them. Happy searching and welcome to the community!

10165D

1/26/2019 5:52:57 PM #2

The only thing that comes with Bloodline is 100EP, which you can spend in the EP store at Exposition. This is enough to buy yourself land, probably of just common quality because pricing starts at 100EP.

With respect to fame, you'll have a bit more than a commoner, but the exact starting value that you'll have isn't something that's been published that I'm aware of. It won't be so much that you'll perma die on your first death though. :)

Also, I concur that bloodline is a great base package to get into for CoE, especially if you have any ambitions for "moving up" in society. You'll start with your own family name that you can reserve on the server you'll be playing on.

1/26/2019 6:06:50 PM #3

This is only an assumption but the wording on the store page says " you are now part of the landed gentry". That could infer that you have enough influence to spark into a family that might own a single parcel of land, or you are now able to buy land with that 100 EP. Either way, I agree with everyone here in that bloodline is by far one of the best tiers for multiple reasons.

1/26/2019 9:21:56 PM #4

Thank you guys, very helpful :)

1/26/2019 9:36:50 PM #5

Posted By Hieronymus at 5:52 PM - Sat Jan 26 2019

The only thing that comes with Bloodline is 100EP, which you can spend in the EP store at Exposition. This is enough to buy yourself land, probably of just common quality because pricing starts at 100EP.

With respect to fame, you'll have a bit more than a commoner, but the exact starting value that you'll have isn't something that's been published that I'm aware of. It won't be so much that you'll perma die on your first death though. :)

Also, I concur that bloodline is a great base package to get into for CoE, especially if you have any ambitions for "moving up" in society. You'll start with your own family name that you can reserve on the server you'll be playing on.

Is there any way we can spend the EP from now, or we will have to wait until the map/game will be released ?

1/26/2019 10:06:37 PM #6

Is there any way we can spend the EP from now, or we will have to wait until the map/game will be released ?

Ep is used in the first month of the game or the Exposition period, in that time Gentry and above will be building the world using their Ep. So no, you cannot use Ep at the moment unless for some unofficial trades with other players for promotion item.

10165D

1/26/2019 11:06:51 PM #7

Ep is used in the first month of the game or the Exposition period, in that time Gentry and above will be building the world using their Ep. So no, you cannot use Ep at the moment unless for some unofficial trades with other players for promotion item.

Thank you, Much appreciated.

2/1/2019 5:12:22 AM #8

Posted By J0hn at

Hello,

Since I wanted to support the development of CoE I decided to upgrade my account into a Bloodline ( Gentry ).

Obviously, I read a lot of posts and dev journals before deciding to do so but unfortunately, I found just a few things regarding the Bloodline and Gentry duties and fame in general.

I would like to know the fame it comes along to your family as a Bloodline since fame affects your death in many ways.

I would like to build an adventure family based and is really important to know the benefits/disadvantages that come along.

I'm not 100% sure but there should be some lands bits that come along with the package itself.

If anyone has a link that could help me understand better the concept of Bloodline/Gentry that would be great.

Thank you!

Honestly - way to go ! congratz on the upgrade.

you should join us on the official discord, this is where stuff really gets understood well, because you can ask and chat and talk in real time with a plethora of people who know whats what.

3/3/2019 6:57:19 PM #9

i also bought the Bloodline package, it´s totally worth it.

3/3/2019 7:13:17 PM #10

EP can also be used for a lot of things beyond land. In particular profession kits will be useful for bloodline members and are likely to cost 100 EP.

Here is a posting about some sample EP pricing ... EP Kits and Item Projection

Additionally EP isn't the only path towards owning land, as both inheritance from your family and making new contracts with your local Count will be viable options once the game starts.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)