COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
High status with money only?

Hi. I heard about this game long ago but I've just signed up in here. I'm not willing to spend that much money for titles and stuff and so comes the question. Does one have to purchase Bloodline+ or any other stuff to acquire land and a high ranking title? Like a king? Is there any other way during within the game itself? Say one starts as the "lowest" thing possible. Can he grow to become a king without spending IRL money? Imagining this game will be as popular and fun as it's expected, I'm thinking that if I play it I might not want to always be a bunny hunting adventurer in all lifetimes. Maybe I am mistaken but from what I read on the forums and stuff one has to pretty much pay for a lot of things in order to be someone of importance and have an "easier" life in the game. Yes I can see why this is somehow good, because everyone would want that and if it was free it'd be a shitshow.

Sorry if the answers for these are somewhere in the forums and I missed them.

1/27/2019 6:10:13 PM #1

Everything can be won or lost in-game. Nothing purchased in the store is exclusive or permanent. With time and effort, it's technically possible to attain any rank in the game.

p.s. It's worth noting since you're asking that the players backing the game pre-launch will be the ones who get to set the stage. We are paying for the ability to build what exists in the world leading up to launch. But that's not permanent either. Over time, the world will change and evolve just as players will achieve and lose rank. Characters also die after about 12 months of play time, so these serve as natural transition points for shifts in power - planned or unplanned.

1/27/2019 6:11:32 PM #2

Thanks for your answer.

1/27/2019 6:14:07 PM #3

There are several ways to improve your character s social status in game.

Most of them are listed and presented here

Have a good read.

1/27/2019 7:37:46 PM #4

You can get all the way up to king if you wanted with only buying the basic package. It would take you a really long time. But it is possible to become a mayor, baron, count, duke, and/or king.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/6549/DJ-18-Kingdom-Land-Management

This DJ has a lot of information on how exactly to do that including having/saving enough story points to spark into a titled npc.

1/28/2019 3:44:43 AM #5

It's funny when you really think about it, each Monarch has donated $10,000 to the project just to be the first King or Queen to fall.

1/28/2019 4:22:45 AM #6

Best way to do it is become part of a council. Counts are always delegating tasks and due to number of tasks they need to delegate there’ll be many open jobs available across the server. You’ll quickly be in an influential position along with the prestige that comes with it. Build your reputation and trust from there to gain support.

From there make money, buy land and focus on an industry that’s lacking in that county or duchy. Slowly build out buying more land before becoming Mayor.

1/28/2019 4:53:45 AM #7

Posted By odd fella at 11:22 PM - Sun Jan 27 2019

Best way to do it is become part of a council. Counts are always delegating tasks and due to number of tasks they need to delegate there’ll be many open jobs available across the server. You’ll quickly be in an influential position along with the prestige that comes with it. Build your reputation and trust from there to gain support.

From there make money, buy land and focus on an industry that’s lacking in that county or duchy. Slowly build out buying more land before becoming Mayor.

Pretty much this. Climbing in rank comes from knowing when to kiss ass and when to kick ass. Until you have the power base to actually take power, you have to acquiesce to those in power.

1/28/2019 1:16:14 PM #8

The game hasn't even launched, and through the Free Kingdom there was already an opportunity for one player to become a King without anything more than a basic package.

I would be surprised we will see many people rise to King without a strong grounding - although I don't know what sort of in game story events SBS has planned, so I'd love some grand stories to prove me wrong.

1/28/2019 10:18:12 PM #9

Posted By Morne at 9:44 PM - Sun Jan 27 2019

It's funny when you really think about it, each Monarch has donated $10,000 to the project just to be the first King or Queen to fall.

Yeah hopefully they were doing it to help SBS more than they were just to become King/Queen. Some of the kingdoms with a large base of supporters will probably be around for awhile though.

1/28/2019 10:33:33 PM #10

Posted By Morne at 7:44 PM - Sun Jan 27 2019

Not really. They paid that much to have a founder's effect stamp on an ingame world that should endure, even if their personal rule doesn't. Further, some might weather the storms and govern well enough to preserve their rule for the entire 500 year history. Others won't -- but even then, they might not go away -- and the whole "dispossessed royal trying to regain throne" (Bonnie Prince Charlie) game play could be fun.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

2/1/2019 5:09:18 AM #11

Posted By Raveshaw at

Hi. I heard about this game long ago but I've just signed up in here. I'm not willing to spend that much money for titles and stuff and so comes the question. Does one have to purchase Bloodline+ or any other stuff to acquire land and a high ranking title? Like a king? Is there any other way during within the game itself? Say one starts as the "lowest" thing possible. Can he grow to become a king without spending IRL money? Imagining this game will be as popular and fun as it's expected, I'm thinking that if I play it I might not want to always be a bunny hunting adventurer in all lifetimes. Maybe I am mistaken but from what I read on the forums and stuff one has to pretty much pay for a lot of things in order to be someone of importance and have an "easier" life in the game. Yes I can see why this is somehow good, because everyone would want that and if it was free it'd be a shitshow.

Sorry if the answers for these are somewhere in the forums and I missed them.

We call the EXPO P2B, or Pay to build. Its a way to customise some of the world, which is fun, and play a tiny smidgen earlier (like our characters will be almost 1/3rd through thier first life/soul cycle thing). If you have extra coin to throw at development and want to, this is some of the reward.

Its not exactly needed though, I do not feel I will get any real advantage out of having Exposition myself. Its just a matter of customizing a few things earlier, to my liking. After launch it's got more people to interfere with our designs - so at the least EXPO users get to do this with less interference.

2/9/2019 1:40:28 AM #12

This may be an exercise in being a sad panda or an entertaining endeavor. For me, I feel like I will be making a sand castle that I get to watch other people stomp on. It should be good fun in any case. :-)

~~Dakanti~~

2/9/2019 10:07:35 PM #13

You can only get a custom surname with Bloodline+ but other than that, you don't really need anything but the most basic package. You could work your way up and earn stuff through play.

3/27/2019 1:35:37 AM #14

I would like to start out as a small farmer or with a 1 person small crafting or a small store. I can't do that from start without forking out 185 dollars? That is an awful lot of money when you're working part time to get through college.

It's not like I want to be a person of power, that owns loads of lands and have lots of wealth, just an ordinary peasant or crafter.

3/27/2019 1:39:30 AM #15

Posted By Dida at 12:35 PM - Wed Mar 27 2019

I would like to start out as a small farmer or with a 1 person small crafting or a small store. I can't do that from start without forking out 185 dollars? That is an awful lot of money when you're working part time to get through college.

It's not like I want to be a person pf power, that owns loads of lands and have lots of wealth, just an ordinary peasant or crafter.

You can do that with a basic package. The good nobles, would be setting their towns up, so players could rent from them/buy them. Get in with some titled person, doesn't really matter what rank. Share your ideas, high chance they will help you setup. After all, having more players is always a good thing.