COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Coats of arms

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if we can create the coats of arms for the family after the surname is accepted?

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

1/29/2019 8:00:18 PM #1

You cannot yet create an in-game coat of arms.

The only ones who were allowed to have an out of game coat of arms accepted as their in-game coat of arms were the monarchs.

All the rest of us common folk still have to wait :D

1/29/2019 8:00:49 PM #2

Hey there. There isn't an official tool people are using to create CoA's at the moment. This will come eventually but don't think they've made this information available on a roadmap yet. It's relatively low priority since it's cosmetic vs mechanic.

Some people, myself included, are making their own CoA's in GIMP or Photoshop just for fun. You can probably create an approximation of what your CoA will look like, just be sure to follow heraldic rules. Like, you can't put a crown in your CoA if you're a mayor. Some mythical animals like Lampagos, Harpies, etc., may not make an appearance in Elyria so it's unlikely you'd find them in the CoA creation tool when it becomes available.

1/29/2019 8:09:59 PM #3

I was hoping that since you can reserve the surname you can also create the coats of arms.

Well I guess I will have to wait :)

Thank you!

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

1/31/2019 4:15:19 AM #4

You can fantasize, or create your preferences using graphic tools or coat-of-arms generators. If you do so, you might end up disappointed if someone else higher in the pecking order chooses the design you wanted, just the same as surnames. In my opinion, it is best to leave your preferences at general concepts and wait until we find out exactly what the CoE generators will do and what the rules are.

1/31/2019 4:26:33 AM #5

The custom coat of arms unlocks at the "Bloodline" pledge, or after you unlock it game. I think we dont have any information on how we will be building them. Ive heard they might use something on the website to do it which can translate into the chronicles of elyria client. Maybe itll arrive with personas.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

1/31/2019 4:39:31 AM #6

It is also unlockable via the merchandise store~

2/1/2019 5:06:49 AM #7

Posted By J0hn at

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if we can create the coats of arms for the family after the surname is accepted?

Its just not at that feature point yet, but YES, you will create AFTER naming yourself, or your surname reservation (if you have that, because you can reserve right away. I guess maybe not if you literally DO NOT reserve a surname or do not have one, then I do not think you even get a coat of arms unless you buy a la carte or such)

4/11/2019 2:25:38 PM #8

It would be fun to be able to create it before launch just to have that out of the way and ready to go. I think it would be good to release what the creation would be like so people could start planning one out. If it is first come first server on how it looks then it would be nice to have something ready to go.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.