COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
[Question]

I recently started a Youtube channel [not trying to be a spammer but heres the link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_NyZEzkVoTHu44qjwt6nQQ] However I was wondering how Influence points are given out to those who make Youtube videos about CoE, to be honest I don't care TOO much about them, as so far their only for domain and settlement picking and i'm not to worried about it, but I think it would be pretty cool to have some more points so i'm not in the complete back of the line. Any one know how that works?

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/wolzz

1/31/2019 8:03:16 AM #1

Me and my brother are wondering the same thing because we have been planning on creating content for a long time. But because there isnt much finished or confirmed we can only build up sources and wait. We were going to take on the challenge if there were ip rewards but we couldnt confirm if that happens.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

2/10/2019 4:35:58 AM #2

"'Influence' is awarded by the developers for contributing to the development of the game in meaningful ways such as recruiting players , creating fan media, bug reporting on the official forums, valuable forum posts, as well as a monitary contributions."

I believe the fan media has to promote the game and gain enough views to be deemed a contribution. This is most likely worded this way to make it an opinionated judgment.

10165D

2/10/2019 8:11:37 AM #3

So this post is about.... hi Guys this is my YouTube channel and I would like some Ip, thanks....,

2/10/2019 8:59:22 AM #4

The IP that's given out is really limited. don't expect much or anything. It takes work. Youtube will probably get you less than some Forum users. That's IF they do another roll out. The biggest rewards are bug posts.

2/10/2019 9:31:01 AM #5

Posted By Gunghoe at 7:59 PM - Sun Feb 10 2019

The IP that's given out is really limited. don't expect much or anything. It takes work. Youtube will probably get you less than some Forum users. That's IF they do another roll out. The biggest rewards are bug posts.

Not true. I'm 90% sure that Morbis guy got something like 1500 IP from youtube. Way over what I got from the forums/few bug reports.

Not that I would expect some random youtuber that just started up to get anywhere close to someone that makes videos weekly or whatever.

They announced a roll out of IP coming soon Gunghoe. Probably aimed at before DSS lands.

2/10/2019 4:25:18 PM #6

Posted By Gunnlang at 01:31 AM - Sun Feb 10 2019

Not that I would expect some random youtuber that just started up to get anywhere close to someone that makes videos weekly or whatever.

I think you hit on the important part. TTC and BBC should get a big haul of IP because they put out weekly content. Putting out content every week about a pre alpha game has got to be a chore. Those people deserve their IP

2/10/2019 9:44:22 PM #7

Posted By Mandalore at 11:25 AM - Sun Feb 10 2019

Posted By Gunnlang at 01:31 AM - Sun Feb 10 2019

I think you hit on the important part. TTC and BBC should get a big haul of IP because they put out weekly content. Putting out content every week about a pre alpha game has got to be a chore. Those people deserve their IP

Agree, especially when there is no visible content to speak of, much tougher to discuss what might be vs. what is.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/11/2019 5:18:28 AM #8

GuardianWolves me and my brother have about 8 coe youtube videos in the past month and was in the most recent community journal, but no IP. it would be nice, but that's not the reason we are doing it. but just letting you know. If it ever does happen i guess you need to be a big youtuber

Everyone wants to be a beast, until it's time to do what beasts do.

2/11/2019 5:26:31 AM #9

Posted By Duyo at 07:18 AM - Mon Feb 11 2019

GuardianWolves me and my brother have about 8 coe youtube videos in the past month and was in the most recent community journal, but no IP. it would be nice, but that's not the reason we are doing it. but just letting you know. If it ever does happen i guess you need to be a big youtuber

As far as I know SbS doesn't do the IP handouts automatically nor regularly. They keep track of people's videos and other contributions and activity but do the actual IP rewarding in big chunks. I think the last time they awarded IP was a year ago so hopefully they do it again before D&SS