COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Dedicated learning areas

I understand that most skills are learned through dedicated areas such as combat needing a training facility and scribes needing a Workstation. I am just curious about other types of skills such as language skills. Will I have to seek out a school to learn negotiation in order to learn different languages or how is that going to work on the lower levels of learning?

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/9/2019 4:28:05 AM #1

Now what I'm saying isn't fully correct, but from what I've heard the devs say is that these skills are experienced based. For example, to learn a language you'd have to meet different tribes and talk to them. So skills are absorbed faster in certain areas such as schools but those places are not necessarily the only place you could learn them from.

10165D

2/9/2019 10:15:38 AM #2

In before we have people spamming macros like back in EQ1 to learn another races language. I wonder how they will work on the language in full. If we look at some more recent games such as Archeage you could once a day earn skill in the other continents language. It will be interesting to see how they do it. Along with so many other things.

2/9/2019 1:55:16 PM #3

From what we heard about skills. I think anyone who knows the language they could teach you like any other skill. A teacher could go learn the language and then you could just go to the school they work.

2/10/2019 10:57:48 AM #4

You may also be able to learn the basics (start training the skill) by reading a skill book, in this case a book on that particular language.

A lot of this is subject to change of course. Still a bunch we don't know yet.