COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
The birds and the bees.

So i have been thinking about bows and arrows and honey. I think a majority of bows will use beeswax with flax to make their bowstring. For arrows Im sure for a majority of arrows will use feathers. Lets talk about the feather types that will be used. Honey is very sticky so maybe that could be a type of glue. Lets talk about bows arrows and archery

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

2/4/2019 12:33:48 AM #1

You might want to make your titles less click-baity if you want to have discussions about things. Like, how about "What materials will we use to make bows and arrows?" This will help people search for topics later on down the road.

But to add to the discussion, I think materials used will depend on the biome. Flax might be used for bowstrings in one biome while hemp is used in another. Up north, maybe they use sinew from dryas elk. One biome may use beeswax and another resin from a tree.

2/4/2019 4:04:02 AM #2

sinew/twine or hide glue to attach fletching

2/4/2019 5:17:49 AM #3

+1 on the "don't use clickbaity titles comment". Especially when you previously had a topic discussing Mann interbreeding with animals.

With regards to the real topic, it will be biome dependent. Certain items will have "flags" determining what they can be used for regarding crafting. If it has a "fletching" tag or similar, you can use it in an arrow. So it's up to the devs what each biome will use for these items.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

2/4/2019 5:50:30 AM #4

Bad alt is bad alt

2/4/2019 11:16:17 AM #5

Posted By Sagan at 12:50 AM - Mon Feb 04 2019

Bad alt is bad alt

A rank seven alt with 137 posts? Doubt.

2/4/2019 11:59:31 AM #6

Moderator, can you delete the 2 posts by the users who didnt add anything to the discussion please. As for the other people who contributed thank you very much. What kind of bowstring can come from desert? Maybe just sinew?

The nicest pig in the world and a little cute.

2/4/2019 11:24:40 PM #7

Easy. Just use fibrous stranding from things like cactus. Those grow in the desert.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

2/5/2019 7:01:57 AM #8

Posted By Dariusacmar at 10:24 AM - Tue Feb 05 2019

Easy. Just use fibrous stranding from things like cactus. Those grow in the desert.

A real life example would be the yucca and agave plants which native tribes used to make many things out of including bowstrings, brushes, cradles, nets, shoes, skirts, mats, rope, baskets, and many more things

2/5/2019 4:00:28 PM #9

That's not how the pigeons do it!

On the searching, I use google instead of the built-in search.

Just add site:chroniclesofelyria<InsertDotHereAsCantPostUrls>com to the end of your search query.