COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Creating a Guild or Group

Hello!

My friends and I have decided to start a kind of a catering guild. How would you do this and get it recognized? Do you have to register? How does it work?

2/5/2019 1:33:04 AM #1

currently it's all intentions and word of mouth. You can spread your guild information and what its about with all the mechanics that you can find currently and post it in the forums, get a discord set up or a place that everyone can gather and talk about things that would be used in a guild like that and go from there. Other than that we don't have much detailed information on how to form it in game etc.

You'd post it here in these forums (according to your banner NA-West):

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/Angelica-Organizations

2/5/2019 2:01:58 AM #2

I would start with looking for a nice Count or Countess

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

2/5/2019 2:18:21 AM #3

Posted By Pendulum at 12:01 PM - Tue Feb 05 2019

I would start with looking for a nice Count or Countess

This is a good start during the early backer days we are in. If you gain the confidence of the nobility you will be interacting with then they are likely to help you build and are inclined to protect your business from shenanigans, like politics and land grabs. For now this is the best thing that can be done.

Other things you can do to prepare the business for launch day is create your own thread, Discord and perhaps your own creative content to help recruit people.

As for your specific questions... Both answers depend on the tribe culture you end up living in. The Hrothi for example require a Guild owner to also be the owner of a large town, resulting in some fairly impressive quality schools but in fewer numbers. The Neran, Brudvir, Kypiq and Janoa (for example) appear to be a lot more relaxed on Guild registration. So far as I can tell right now, they don't require anything except you owning the land and building in which the Guild is placed. Apart from that you're good to go, just need some recruits. If that doesn't work out you can always run your own smaller scale personal shop until things get worked out.

2/5/2019 3:29:05 PM #4

I have to agree with everything already posted. Assuming you have decided on your tribe I would get to know the Gentry in that area either through direct messaging, creating your own thread, or directly through Discord. I would also register my organization on the Elyrian Directory site just to cover your options. And as the game gets closer to release contact them again as a reminder because it could have slipped their minds with all that will be going on.

Just curious about your plans, do you plan to organize all the town crafters to come together or will you be doing this entirely in house? Either way, sounds interesting...

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

2/6/2019 5:08:51 AM #5

FWIW, we've been promised an update to the website for a while now to help with just this very thing. It seems to me that any features related to the creation of domains and organizations along with management of memberships would be great to have just as soon as we're done with D&SS.

2/19/2019 3:57:22 PM #6

i suggest picking a kingdom and County and town as like a base of sorts, thats what i suggest

My name is Loki Lak, Doctor by degree but Tavern manager by trade Working with the wonderful Cozy Cavern Tavern!

2/19/2019 4:43:04 PM #7

If you can be active in the discord, I think that's a big plus as well. I feel so disconnected from the community since I can't sit in discord during work.

4/8/2019 3:24:24 PM #8

First of all ,would create a discord server, to meet people, wich want to be in your guild. The second thing i would do is to create a cool logo, wich you can post under your comments or on other websites.

Like this ;)