COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Start up :)

Hey mates i can't w8 to start playing what About you?

-

2/8/2019 10:00:55 PM #1

Heck yeah man can’t wait.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

2/8/2019 10:08:11 PM #2

For sure Br4ke

Feels like the closer we get to something solid the longer it takes for the hours to tick by in the day D:

2/8/2019 10:50:32 PM #3

I can't wait to see what the game mechanics will allow us to do.

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

2/9/2019 3:39:04 AM #4

I suspect the wait will be much longer than many expect.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/9/2019 9:03:14 AM #5

Soon.

Very much looking forward to PreElyria, KoE and Alpha II.

As long as some of that hits this year I'll be happy to wait till mid 2020 for Exposition.

Will be playing on Selene (EU) Server
2/9/2019 5:56:12 PM #6

It looks like this game will be fun to play but I wish it would kick off sooner rather than later. From what I see looks like next year at best.

2/9/2019 10:09:18 PM #7

Like the rest of us. But a game like Coe with all this new mechanics takes time

2/10/2019 12:12:45 AM #8

Posted By Augustus_Aquila at 5:09 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

Like the rest of us. But a game like Coe with all this new mechanics takes time

And money, lots and lots of money, especially as time continues to roll on.

The burn rate is real.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

2/10/2019 3:11:17 AM #9

Posted By Kyleran at 10:39 PM - Fri Feb 08 2019

Alpha is going to start very soon. They have done much work in parallel. Territory selection is coming real soon. Pre Elyria is going on now with people entering it shortly.

Casp has promised that The Storm Is Coming.

I expect to be in game in about a year. Maybe Q4 2019 if things go well. Particularly for those with Bloodline+

This isn't like most other game developments. A lot of the work was done years before kickstarter even launched. Like the SoulbornEngine. We already saw playable demo for fighting and horseback joust. We have seen the videos of crafting happening. They just do not want to over-hype and under deliver. Its refreshing for a change.

2/10/2019 4:04:56 AM #10

Posted By Calidor at 2:11 PM - Sun Feb 10 2019

Alpha is going to start very soon. They have done much work in parallel. Territory selection is coming real soon. Pre Elyria is going on now with people entering it shortly.

I expect to be in game in about a year. Maybe Q4 2019 if things go well. Particularly for those with Bloodline+

I like how you are just saying random stuff. Pre-Elyria is only in family and friends, which has been for some time. I wouldn't expect the game in a year either way, when we have not even started alpha 1. With the amount of new features CoE is going to use. It's going to be a much longer alpha/beta compared to other games imo.

Just getting your hopes up there, waiting to be utterly crushed. If anything, SBS loves to over-hype. They are teasing people all the time on discord. Unless this is all some sarcasm going over my head here.

2/10/2019 10:07:26 PM #11

Posted By Calidor at 10:11 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

This isn't like most other game developments. A lot of the work was done years before kickstarter even launched. Like the SoulbornEngine. We already saw playable demo for fighting and horseback joust. We have seen the videos of crafting happening. They just do not want to over-hype and under deliver. Its refreshing for a change.

Hmm, so you really don't know.

Almost all of the original pre work was scrapped, SpatialOS, discarded, elyriaMud, canned, voxelyria dumped, those demos you mentioned, no longer even available because they've changed their approach so much.

In fact outside of the secret insider club (maybe) and the dev team I doubt anyone has really seen what sort of systems are being delivered to replace.

It's not without good reason this project has blown far past initial timelines with no end in sight yet.

You might be playing it in a test phase sometime in 2019, but full live release, never going to happen.

2/11/2019 2:45:41 AM #12

Posted By Kyleran at 5:07 PM - Sun Feb 10 2019

Posted By Calidor at 10:11 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

Hmm, so you really don't know.

Almost all of the original pre work was scrapped, SpatialOS, discarded, elyriaMud, canned, voxelyria dumped, those demos you mentioned, no longer even available because they've changed their approach so much.

In fact outside of the secret insider club (maybe) and the dev team I doubt anyone has really seen what sort of systems are being delivered to replace.

It's not without good reason this project has blown far past initial timelines with no end in sight yet.

You might be playing it in a test phase sometime in 2019, but full live release, never going to happen.

Proof? We know Spatial was dropped a long time ago and Caspian explained why and how they had been using their new backend since the Joust demo. Given the fiasco that Spatial has around it I would say Caspian and crew made a smart decision.

Because some things were ended after serving their purpose like the Mud but that was by plan to evolve to better testing environments. That’s exactly why they do these. And we saw clips of Vox.

So nothing was scrapped. And about the demos why do you claim this? Do you have any proof of the stuff you claimed?

2/11/2019 3:16:40 AM #13

Posted By Drudge at 1:45 PM - Mon Feb 11 2019

We know Spatial was dropped a long time ago and Caspian explained why and how they had been using their new backend since the Joust demo. Given the fiasco that Spatial has around it I would say Caspian and crew made a smart decision.

Personally I'm still confused how the game will work without Spatial, it was sold at the thing that makes everything possible. Why they didn't need to worry about doing that side of the backend. Was built up so much about saving them massive amounts of time and money. But then dropping them, seemed like no big deal. Like it really wasn't all that good. So either, SBS hyped the fuck out of Spatial, so dropping them wasn't a big deal. Or the opposite, which is where I get confused. What's replaced it basically, to save them the same amount of time/money.

2/11/2019 3:49:50 AM #14

Spatial OS is a server side client allowed SbS to do everything that they needed to do with one convenient bundle.

Instead of using it SbS opted to piece together their own backend to do the same thing as Spatial OS, and taking them a bit more time, but ultimately saving them money in the long run. It was simply a business decision.

With regard to the timeline I have to agree with both sides to an extent. I don't think we shall have to wait Too much longer for Alpha testing, but I would consider it irresponsible to tell new people in the community that it is "very soon." Getting hyped is good, but tempering expectations is always important.

We still have D&SS, and prealpha testing to go prior to seeing Alpha 1 testing.

2/11/2019 4:19:30 AM #15

Posted By Labbe at 2:49 PM - Mon Feb 11 2019

Spatial OS is a server side client allowed SbS to do everything that they needed to do with one convenient bundle.

Instead of using it SbS opted to piece together their own backend to do the same thing as Spatial OS, and taking them a bit more time, but ultimately saving them money in the long run. It was simply a business decision.

I gathered that from when Caspian said it so long back. But really it just confuses me more. If it will really save them money, wouldn't SBS have known that from the start? The only thing that seems to make sense to me, is it would have saved them massive amount of time. Which if that's the case, surely from the added time, it can't be saving them much more money.

Anyway, just something I'll be basically confused forever about. Not really expecting you or really anyone to clear that up for me. Will stop derailing this thread as well.