COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Elyria and Chill is back!

Dearest Elyrians,

Forbidden love, secret rendezvous, and life-long affection are all a part of this holiday. On Earth, we celebrate our loved ones, whether they are aware of our affections or not. It is a time for togetherness, romance, and the everlasting worship of that unforgiving and ultimate affliction of the mind, love. In Elyria, it is no different! Affections toward another exists in all forms for the Tribes of Mann, and what better time of year to celebrate than near the Earthly holiday of Valentine's Day?

This year we bring you both a new lore story and an exciting and entirely new set of promotional items for sale for a limited time. Take a gander below and see if anything tickles your fancy. But don't wait too long to decide, these items won't be available for very long!

Promo Items

The following promo items will be eligible for purchase starting today, February 11th through Friday, February 22nd at 12pm PST.

After the promo period ends, all of these items will return to the vault.

New Items

Ornate Wedding Bands

This pair of golden rings is a symbol of sacred matrimony. Wedded bliss not included.

Elyrians symbolize their union through rings of all kinds but this pair of golden bands is exquisitely decorated by To'reshian artisans. Since an Elyrian marriage cosmically links two families such that they can sense and communicate across long distances, most ceremonies revolve around kin rather than the betrothed. It has become common to exchange the rings privately on the wedding night but some choose to include it as part of the ceremony.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Artisan-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• 2 x Gold Wedding Band

About Ornate Wedding Bands:

• You can send this item to another player once in your inventory (both rings act as 1 item until launch)
  • There is no limit to how many of these you can purchase
  • Package contents can be claimed once in game
  • Bundle can be opened once in game

Ne'ran & Mydra Statue

One doesn't need to be Qindred to be familiar with the legend of these fated lovers.

The Romance of Ne'ran and Mydra is a classic tale passed down through the oral tradition before first being put to parchment in the Third Age. The To'resk hold this tragic coupling to be the origin of their tribe, being descendants of To'ran - child of Ne'ran and Mydra and Qin of the wetlands. Read the full account in the To'resk Game Guide section on Religion.

Today, the myth is widespread, having been written as an epic poem, a popular opera, and a handful of songs shared by many-a-wandering bard. The pair have come to symbolize romantic love among all the Children of Mann. This statuette depicts the pair in the midst of their budding romance and would look quite stately on a mantel or tabletop.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Artisan-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• 1x Statuette: "Embrace of the Forbidden Lovers"

About Ne'ran & Mydra Statue:

• You can send this item to another player once in your inventory
  • Limit 2 per account

Augury Accoutrements

Get ready to tell the future...or, at least, claim you can. All the rage among To'resk!

Divining and forecasting is an age-old tradition with roots throughout all the Tribes of Mann. All Elyrians know that the celestial landscape influences their world and the Akashic Records holds evidence of their actions. Trying to tap into these wellsprings of information is considered by some to be an art, and by others to be mere chicanery.

This set provides anyone the basic tools needed to begin a life of conjecture, be it in service to the church as a Qindred Seer, in service to the crown as a Royal Astrologer, or in service to one's community as a humble Fortune Teller.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Standard-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• 1x Book "Astrology and Horoscopy: A Primer"
  • 1x Book "The Fortune Telling Art of Sortition"
  • 1x Set of Crystal Horoscopy Glyphstones
  • 1x Set of Wooden Forecasting Rodules
  • 1x Divination Tray

About Augury Accoutrements:

Wetland Farming Kit

Flood-prone lowlands require a different touch and different kind of crop.

The Wetlands, with seasonal flooding, are primed to produce bountiful crops, but only if they can stand up to the high moisture levels. Cultivated for centuries by To'resk, these crops are the cornerstone of tropical civilization and among the many reasons To'resk rose to prominence in the south. A wetland farmer knows that the tides are fickle but food supply can never be.

Purchasing this item will allow you to redeem the following Standard-quality items from a vendor in-game:

• 1x Pouch of 200 Lowland Rice Seeds
  • 1x Pouch of 200 River Spinach Seeds
  • 1x Pouch of 100 Papyrus Seeds
  • 1x Pouch of 100 Lotus Seeds
  • 2x Hoe
  • 2x Sickle
  • 2x Lined Basket

About Wetland Farming Kit:

Living Bouquet

A popular gift among To'reshian suitors, nothing says love like a bouquet that might run away!

The Flower-Cup Porcupine is native to the tundra where it can use its clever camouflage to hide from predators among arctic poppies. This skittish herbivore is hard to find, for obvious reasons, but has shown to do well in captivity, even in warmer climates, as long as it is kept in the shade. Its long, fine quills are desirable for needlework, decoration, and medicine. Luckily, these can be acquired non-lethally when the animal sheds them.

More recently, the creatures have been given as exotic gifts, especially among To'resk, as a symbol of affection or favor. These imports are tamed, but the species has not been domesticated.

• 1x tamed Flower-Cup Porcupine

About Living Bouquet

• Limit 5 per account

Moonlight Delights

Get ready for a romantic interlude but mind your drink or you might sign something you oughtn't.

Enjoy a bottle of velvety sweet wine as you while away the night with your favorite suitor. This set of goodies includes intimate apparel for two (but no one says you have to wear them for very long). Have a little fun with the fluffy feathers which can be used for signing child contracts or for tickling, too!

• 1x Lingerie for Him
  • 1x Lingerie for Her
  • 1x Bottle of Port Wine
  • 2x Featherfluff Quill

About Moonlight Delights:

Returning Items

Gift Card

What do you get the person who has everything? A Chronicles of Elyria gift card, of course!!

Give the gift of a holiday chore! Let your friends or loved ones decide how best to spend your money with this gift-wrapped store credit. Buy some for everyone and send them as a gift from your Account Inventory. When the grateful recipient claims it in their own inventory, the store credit will be added to their account through the miracle of holiday magic! Gift cards can be re-gifted before they are claimed.

About Gift Card:

• Available in 3 denominations; $10, $20, and $50
  • Card can be claimed by you or sent to another
  • Can be resent

Conclusion

With all of the affection Soulbound Studios can muster, we hope you and yours has a very loving and heartwarming month. Enjoy the new lore story and this new promotion, as it won't be here forever!

Remember, all of these items (except the Gift Cards) will return to the vault on Friday, February 22nd at 12pm PST.

Until next time,

More to come...

EDIT: 2/13/2018

Many of you had questions about this batch of new promo items, so we collected up some answers for you!

FAQ:

Q1: Can Flower-Cup Porcupines be bred?
A1: Yes.

Q2. Can Flower-Cup Porcupines be domesticated? (Trained?)
A2: No.

Q3. Is the Divining tray in the shape of a Turtle?
A3: Yes.

Q4: Are the wedding bands limited to gender quantity?
A4: No, you can redeem the token at a vendor in game and receive any combination of 2 rings, male or female.

Q5. Can any gender wear the lingerie?
A5: Yes, they aren't gender restricted.

Q6: Are there going to be farming kits for each biome?
A6: In-game there will be different methods required to farm different types of crops, and some crops can only be grown under conditions you will find in a single biome type naturally. However, we have not decided yet if we will release a biome-specific farming kit for every biome.

Q7: Does lowland rice mean it's automatically programmed to only grow in the lowlands?
A7: It's not programmed to only grow in the lowlands, but it does need marshy soil that alternates between wet and dry. While it's technically possible for the Wetland Farming Kit to work in other wetlands, and potentially even a rain forest, you need an area where the soil is wet for a significant portion of the year. With the Wetland Farming Kit, you're looking for freshwater rivers, lowlands that get flooded, etc..

Q8: Do the Wedding Bands provide any benefit to family chat?
A8: No, the rings don't grant family chat - being a member of a family does.

If you have any additional questions, let us know!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

2/12/2019 1:12:45 PM #16

there just so much i want and not enough $ to get it all but i still Love you SBS

From Our Farm Gate To Your Dinner Plate.

Friend Code : EE5C8E

2/12/2019 1:45:35 PM #17

Posted By Torsep at 02:00 AM - Tue Feb 12 2019

Can I wear both lingerie at the same time?

The Moonlight Delights is not gender restricted, so yes.

2/12/2019 7:06:54 PM #18

10 + 20 = 30 Sorry, I couldn't help myself :-)

2/12/2019 7:28:42 PM #19

Posted By Deftly at 10:34 PM - Mon Feb 11 2019

I found it weird that wetlands farming kit was apart of this bundle but I guess the moonlight delights would lead into wetland farming.

I am crying, good sir. This made my darn day.

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

2/13/2019 4:13:53 PM #20

Very To'resky stuff. Wish I knew what tribe I'll be.

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

2/14/2019 6:52:33 PM #21

I'm on the line about getting the Lingerie set, I'd like to see it on an in game model first.

Problems are solutions waiting to happen.

2/18/2019 4:20:27 AM #22

........ will work for swag.... well and boos ;)..🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🕹🕹🕹🕹🕹🎲🎲🎲🎲🎲

2/21/2019 11:08:07 PM #23

Unless they both take the same equipment slot.

3/17/2019 12:46:07 PM #24

when we can play i didnt see download links

No Pain No Gain !

3/20/2019 5:49:03 AM #25

Q8: Do the Wedding Bands provide family chat?

LOL This was funny. No, it's not a James Bond spy ring transmitter. sigh

Map H --because one word "Nessie." Do you want an inland sea? Well, do ya?

4/9/2019 3:43:23 AM #26

This game has been in development for over 2 years with no end in sight. They have amassed over $5 million before it even got released, so they're doing something right I guess.