COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Religious Holy Sites

I...may have been playing CK2 prior to asking this question haha

I don't think there has been any mention of Holy Sites apart from churches and stuff. But what I'm talking about are places integral to the faith, places which get fat off of pilgrims and tourists wanting to see where Luna cried or where Angelica sang or something. Legendary Churches will definitely make up some of these sites, but what do you guys think?

What sort of Holy Sites do you want to see?

Check out the Village of Astyria! We are recruiting!

NA - East : Bordweall : Bloodoak : Novigrad - Shield Wall Strong! Friend Code: 3D90E8

2/14/2019 3:21:56 AM #1

I'm game for any and all kinds of holy sites, regardless of their pilgrim-exploiting potential. It would also be outrageous if new holy sites could come to be as a result of some legendary-level character actions that happen in the course of the game.

2/14/2019 4:12:50 AM #2

Posted By Poldano at 10:21 PM - Wed Feb 13 2019

I'm game for any and all kinds of holy sites, regardless of their pilgrim-exploiting potential. It would also be outrageous if new holy sites could come to be as a result of some legendary-level character actions that happen in the course of the game.

Right! I just think that would be so cool to do and for it to be acknowledged as an sanctioned Holy Site of the faith.

Check out the Village of Astyria! We are recruiting!

NA - East : Bordweall : Bloodoak : Novigrad - Shield Wall Strong! Friend Code: 3D90E8

2/14/2019 6:10:00 AM #3

Hmm... Would like to see the locations where the Waerd and Dras each first met the Two Fold Queen.

2/14/2019 12:51:23 PM #4

We do have information about some pilgrimage routes mainly related to rather funky Cardinal Bees: Pilgrimage of Renewal

Personally I like those sort of pilgrimages that are based on some sort of historical event, be it religious or generally inspiring.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/15/2019 3:08:17 AM #5

Posted By TheCheshireDragon at 10:10 PM - Wed Feb 13 2019

Hmm... Would like to see the locations where tje Waerd and Dras each first met the Two Fold Queen.

The TFQ spoke to the Dras through dreams, IIRC, so there may not necessarily be a specific place where that happened.

My view is that the TFQ is largely invisible and omnipresent, and that the notion that a physical appearance of a person is a necessary grounds for belief is a regression to more primitive religious notions that equated reality with tangibility.

2/15/2019 3:51:16 AM #6

Posted By Poldano at 10:08 PM - Thu Feb 14 2019

Posted By TheCheshireDragon at 10:10 PM - Wed Feb 13 2019

Hmm... Would like to see the locations where tje Waerd and Dras each first met the Two Fold Queen.

The TFQ spoke to the Dras through dreams, IIRC, so there may not necessarily be a specific place where that happened.

My view is that the TFQ is largely invisible and omnipresent, and that the notion that a physical appearance of a person is a necessary grounds for belief is a regression to more primitive religious notions that equated reality with tangibility.

Idk, the Queen seems to be the most active in meddling with mortal affairs of all the supposed gods. She is also discribed as if seen. Personally, I doubt she's a god at all and may be some other greater than mortal being entirely.