COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
2 alternatives (suggestions) to CB

1. Allowing simple occupation and running out the clock Since there is already a 28 day timer to take over a mayor/count seat why not just allow someone to take it if they can run out the timer with out the protection of blood-lust for their killings? It would give the common folk more of a chance. Plus are we really giving local rulers who suck or have such low popularity that they can't evict someone for a month this easy way out? lol

2. Letting any official group simply declare war, and let that invoke CB By official group it means locality, or guild/militia that has a registry that the leader can declare war on all their behalf. Again this would let the little man have more of a shot.

Note, I think that the game should be fully finished and launched before any thing is tried or changed, but I think since lets be honest positions were pay to play the richest players got the best starting positions, but why have things like CB that requires a process for which the commoners are required to get help from the politicians when the politicians are better off keeping things the same. Its literally saying, yeah you took over the seat but, you didn't get permission from a higher up so sorry, its not yours even after 28 days and now your spark is screwed because you can be charged with mass murder.

But this is just my view :P

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

2/14/2019 6:45:17 AM #1

I sugest you take the time to read DJ18 once again.

You d then, notice three things.

1) there is no CB against Mayors and they do not have seat of power. You do not use force to remove a Mayor from office.

2) there is a type of CB that is only available to non noble character, wealth. All you need is money.

3) there is an other type of CB only available to non nobles, fame. All you need is fame.

Unless you are a duke trying to create a new independant kingdom, claiming a title wont change vassality, as such it is normal that lords keep a say in the matter and that the level of support of the usurper be tested too.

2/14/2019 2:08:31 PM #2

Doing it the way you described has one big flaw: It would strengthen the Nobility instead of weakening it. Both of your suggestion gives every noble the possibility to claim as much as he wants to, as long as he has the Military Power. As an Example, I'll take the Game "Europa Universalis 4" as an example. It's a grand strategy Game, which is about ruling a Country in the History of our World. To declare someone a war, you need a Casus Belli, like in CoE. As you need a lot of time to make them, you expansions will be slow. Taking land which you don't have a casus belli for is possible, but you will be punished for that. Higher costs to convince the people that you are their rightful ruler, others Ruler dislike you more etc. Rebellions had in, theoretically, easier in that phase. Countries are still smaller and a noble can't enforce too much might. Later in the Game, Rulers have enough of that. But they can't escape the CB System - so they did invent Imperialism. Imperialism is another Casus belli - which basically means: "I take it because I can." From this Phase onward, Conquers are pretty much easy stuff and large areas are taken over fast. Basically, that is your second Suggestion: You can take everything because you can. I don't think that this will be - especially in the beginning of CoE - a a nice experience.

2/14/2019 3:40:21 PM #3

The CB system protects us from you and you from us. I am a Baron and cannot be ousted unless the Duke removes my title. And if someone holds my seat for 28 days I doubt the Duke will want me as a Baron lol. As a commoner in a Game I dont understand why you think you cant succeed. Whats your play style? How will spend your game time? If the answer is you just want to be in charge and point fingers then you probably will never attain such a position as Mayor+ because you wont get the fame, wealth or Rep to do so.

Im a Baron and my personal play style is Adventurer/Smith so even if I lose my position I will still have two jobs.

This game must be treated like a fast paced simulator, dont waste your life complaining about the rules, instead make the rules work for you.

Pick your play style, link up with a Noble who needs you, gain wealth and Rep then become a Mayor or a COUNT, or a Guild leader. Post launch there will be no cash shop, All the Backers will have spent Expo seeding the world with what they spent real money on, the commoners and new ppl will be able to take advantage of the roads, trade posts etc etc that we the backers put in the game.

You may not start as a leader but why should that stop you from becoming one?

Prove yourself in combat and become a Nobles Champion

Prove yourself a great spy

Prove yourself a great miner

etc etc

Find your place in this world or at least the mail room of where you want to be just like IRL.

2/15/2019 2:46:28 AM #4

I think it is better to first establish why the suggestion is needed for CoE.

Personally, I do not think the existing system give too little chance for common folks to start working for titles. We are looking at a game trying to create organic storylines. The journey is as important as the destination.

So, why do you think the current design is not loosen enough?

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

2/15/2019 3:52:25 AM #5

Posted By Roarer at 9:46 PM - Thu Feb 14 2019

I think it is better to first establish why the suggestion is needed for CoE.

Personally, I do not think the existing system give too little chance for common folks to start working for titles. We are looking at a game trying to create organic storylines. The journey is as important as the destination.

So, why do you think the current design is not loosen enough?

Because I think seats should be hard to keep and that anyone with enough social ingenuity to get a large enough group and keep a seat for the 28 days should get it. Sure fame, and wealth are other ways to get a CB but that still leaves the power in well the powerful.

Threats of commoner rebellions would force leadership to stay on there toes and actually navigate the political realm as apposed to bling loyalty to the higher ups.

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

2/15/2019 3:36:41 PM #6

But anyone who holds a seat is vulnerable...where are you getting info that says its easy to keep a seat?

2/15/2019 4:00:40 PM #7

The EU4 analogy is not far off- we know Caspian is a fan of CK2, in which it’s a huge pita to acquire a CB sometimes.

I definitely lean towards the side of making CBs easier to acquire, but I’m sympathetic to the argument that doing so could cut short a political/intrigue side of the game that some people very much want to play. I also want to hear more about CBs between kingdoms, as we know essentially nothing so far.