COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Support for New Zealand

By the time you read this, you have no doubt heard about the unspeakable tragedy in Christchurch with at least 40 dead and numerous others wounded.

As someone who has had a tragedy like this occur in his own backyard (San Bernardino, 2015, literally a fifteen minute drive from my house) I'd just like to express my greatest condolences to the people of New Zealand and my hopes that no one on these forums, nor any of your friends or loved ones came to harm in this tragedy

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

3/15/2019 8:52:57 AM #1

Thanks. It’s been a crazy day here in Christchurch. I feel like this is a movie that isn’t real.

My flight out was cancelled (tryna get back home to Wellington). It’s so quiet even though there are hundreds around me. I can only here people softly crying, babies and the reactions as the news updates us on the toll.

49 so far....40 fkn 9.

3/15/2019 8:53:19 AM #2

E tangi ana, tangi nui. Aroha nui.

Weeping, bitter tears. Love for others.

Link to my story

3/15/2019 11:54:15 AM #3

A Horrific crime. We are even feeling it even over here in Tasmania. :(

3/15/2019 1:23:21 PM #4

😱😨😰

3/15/2019 2:02:06 PM #5

Our hearts and condolences go out to all of those affected by this senseless tragedy.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

3/15/2019 6:10:07 PM #6

"We were not chosen for this act of violence because we condone racism or because we are an enclave for extremism. We were chosen for the very fact that we are none of these things. Because we represent diversity, kindness, compassion, a home for those who share our values, refuge for those who need it. And those values, I can assure you, will not, and cannot, be shaken by this attack." -Jacinda Ardern

Stay strong New Zealand

Alt text - can be left blank

3/16/2019 9:35:37 AM #7

My condolences to you all in New Zealand.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

3/18/2019 7:52:35 PM #8

There are no words to describe the tragedy in New Zealand. While I do not know anyone affected, I have friends who know one of the innocent folks who were wounded and in critical condition. It's a tragedy. Hate and terrorism knows no religion, no race, no creed, and no nationality. It's a cancer, and once it infects someone's heart, it consumes them. It's beyond hate at this point. It's something else. Something far more sinister and intentional.

Stick together, good people. Let not our differences divide us, but instead make us closer. We all share this little sphere rocketing through the solar system. We're only on this ride for a short time. Let's fill this time with love, respect, empathy, and compassion.

Let us never forget that despite our differences, we are all the same.