COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Official Q&A thread: March 2019 live stream

March 27th, 2019 Twitch Livestream - Questions thread

This thread is exclusively for questions related to the upcoming open Q&A livestream on Wednesday, March 27th at 1pm PDT, 4pm EDT, 8pm UTC/GMT.

You can read the announcement of this Q&A in this thread.

The topic of this Q&A is:

OPEN TOPIC! (related to Chronicles of Elyria)

If you post a question you hope to be chosen and answered during this Q&A, please adhere to the following.

RULES

• Limit questions to 1 question per post, so it can be easily up-voted/down-voted
  • Ensure your question is related to that topic or it may not get answered
  • Please limit yourself to 3 posts for a maximum of three questions per community member
  • Keep your question brief - that makes it easier to read, and quicker to answer
  • Make sure to upvote the posts of others you're most interested in hearing the answers to
  • It is not necessary to downvote questions you aren't interested in the answer to

Remember

• Remember to upvote the questions you want to hear answered!
  • In order to ensure this thread sticks exclusively to questions on topic that follow the above guidelines, moderators may remove posts or contact you to adjust your posts if they have questions (example: Do not discuss in this thread, do not quote other posts)
  • Since we need to collate your questions based on their popularity, we will be closing this thread to new questions the day prior to the Q&A (March 26th).

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

3/21/2019 1:07:52 AM #31

How are the tribes outside of their home biome changed?

For example: are the to'resk in the woodland savanna physically stronger then wetland to'resk or are the Shrub steppe neran a darker complexion then grassland neran?

3/21/2019 1:09:58 AM #32

How will the duchy/county/settlement be affected by the tribe that occupies them?

We know that: A) The Dras and To'resk military settlements generally contain better markets. B) The Hrothi have most of their counties underground with only a half-dozen entrances to the surface per kingdom.

But how will the other tribes affect D&SS?

3/21/2019 1:13:52 AM #33

I would like to hear more specific details of the detaining of criminals with bounty tokens and forcibly dragging them to the nearest court house. Is this still the plan? Has thought been given to the myriad ways this can be abused for griefing?

3/21/2019 1:34:33 AM #34

Regarding Blacksmithing, In the live Theorycrafting episode 19, Snipehunter was in it and discussed the possibilities of using alternative designs for recipes. The example given was using a certain shape of this particular item in something that wouldnt normally be on this type of weapon (i.e an arch design or shape added onto a flange mace was another example given) How far could this be learned by the player? Would be could I add a Chinese Hooksword design to a Bardiche or spear for example?

3/21/2019 1:45:27 AM #35

My questions is about server population 1. Does SBS have any plans for if a server's population is very low compared to the others?

3/21/2019 1:57:59 AM #36

Will unarmed combat be "balanced" with weapon combat? In other words, can we expect to see players besting sword wielding knights by punching them?

3/21/2019 3:34:04 AM #37

Can you explain how certain landscaping Ip purchases will work? Most curious about trees and how many will come in a package or if they are single unit, is this something you were going to keep on the Ip front? I admit i like fortifications and shop buildings but I would also like to know a bit more about our landscaping options at launch. please and thank you.

3/21/2019 3:34:33 AM #38

Can you give more details of the Sheriff mechanics?

3/21/2019 3:35:47 AM #39

When going into Domain selection will we be able to see- by name or another indication--which settlements are meant to be Baronies?

3/21/2019 4:14:50 AM #40

Will SBS be creating shallow water sunken ruins, caves and shipwrecks that we can go diving for, in places like large lakes/coastal waters?

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

3/21/2019 4:15:34 AM #41

Follow up: If there will be underwater things as in the first question, will we have basic diving tech, like air bladders, or will we have to develop them?

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

3/21/2019 4:18:56 AM #42

DDS question.

Will we be able to zoom in on each map for better DDS selections?

This is my circus, those are my lions, so says the flying monkey. Count in the Kingdom of Riftwood NA-W. Friend code A188BA

3/21/2019 4:53:58 AM #43

Follow up on Swordwalker question.

Will we be able to zoom in on the map before DSS starts? For better planning for us counts/mayors.

3/21/2019 5:14:15 AM #44

Map Borders/Territory Borders:

It will be obvious to tell where borders run on the map, but inside the game itself, will there be some kind of visual aid for telling where one kingdom/county/dutchy ends?

If not systematically placed at launch, would you consider offering kings, counts and dukes the option to buy this feature for EP later?

I could imagine something similar to the Roman limes offering different stages of border:

Simple (border stone):

Advanced (palisades):

Full (palisades and tower):

3/21/2019 5:26:32 AM #45

Change of question as the old was bad (and none too brief).

Say my character were to write a novel. How much input, as a player, would I have to give in the writing of said novel in terms of writing, plotting, etc. before and during the writing process?

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.