COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Gentry Support Package

Hello everyone,

Quick question about the Gentry support packages.

So it's referenced that the gentry are landowners and also references in the land management dev diary that land comes with those packages.

My question is: does 1 parcel come with each package, or what? I can't seem to find that anywhere, or I keep overlooking it.

Just curious because the land management aspect seems cool!

Count NA-E Friend Code D8E9A4

3/21/2019 12:16:29 AM #1

The gentry packages do not come with land, but rather access to expo and enough EP you could buy a parcel of land if you so chose to spend it that way (100 EP is the last quoted price for a parcel of "uncoveted" land)

You could purchase more EP to be able to get more land, or further customize your package, or you could join a family that might own land and hope to inherit the land from them while using your EP on other things.

Again though, you don't technically get land with the package, just the ability to get land should you so choose.

3/21/2019 12:20:36 AM #2

Ahhh, thank you! That makes a lot of sense.

So, next question on the same kind of subject. If I play the Beta and start building, will everything be wiped when the game is released?

3/21/2019 12:21:32 AM #3

A parcel of land doesn't come with the package (Bloodline and above to use EP), instead there is Exposition Points (EP) a virtual currency to spend during Exposition, a world building phase three months before the launch of Chronicles of Elyria. You can get an idea of what to spend with EP here written by Caspian, you can use the EP to spend on land and a variety of other things once the Exposition Store is ready.

There is also a chance to inherit any property depending on what family you join later in the game and what potential holdings they made have, if they favor you then they can put you down to inherit it. Not all families will be created equal however, so it shouldn't be counted as a guarantee where one may get anything from them as a chance and circumstances.

Posted By TalHawkins at 7:20 PM - Wed Mar 20 2019

Ahhh, thank you! That makes a lot of sense.

So, next question on the same kind of subject. If I play the Beta and start building, will everything be wiped when the game is released?

The testing phases will be wiped, nothing will remain afterwards.

3/21/2019 12:22:31 AM #4

Yes. Alpha and Beta testing phases are completely wiped between phases and prior to launch.

The only 2 phases that affect launch will be Kingdoms of Elyria, with the ability to have Some of your actions carrying over (mechanics still largely tbd) and Exposition which is the world building phase and where everything will carry over into launch.

3/21/2019 12:44:47 AM #5

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it!

3/21/2019 9:19:39 AM #6

As an aside, if you're a bloodline pledge and don't want to up your EP you could do worse than the profession kits assuming they stay 100EP.

Good place to start at.

Coming Soon(tm)

3/21/2019 12:04:59 PM #7

This post is now several years old, but it contains a good general write up and understanding of what EP points can buy and roughly how much they will cost Ep Kits and Item Projection.

While the exact values will probably be revised at some point, it has been recently restated (on discord) that the information in that post is what SBS continues to use as a reference point for things like the cost of the items in their monthly promotions.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)

3/28/2019 3:13:19 AM #8

Posted By TalHawkins at

Hello everyone,

Quick question about the Gentry support packages.

So it's referenced that the gentry are landowners and also references in the land management dev diary that land comes with those packages.

My question is: does 1 parcel come with each package, or what? I can't seem to find that anywhere, or I keep overlooking it.

Just curious because the land management aspect seems cool!

In case you have haven't seen it yet, there’s a pack in the merchandise store right now that includes a parcel of land.

Question though, what constitutes an “uncoveted” parcel of land?

3/28/2019 3:21:04 AM #9

"uncoveted" probably translate a standard or "common" level parcel without extra resources and not located in a particularly advantageous spot (for instance on an already established trade route or right next to the well in the nearby hamlet). A basic 100 EP value parcel.

Countess DeBrume, Brume Harrow, Blackthorn Vale, Mytharbor, Free Kingdom of Alesia (NA-E)

3/28/2019 3:22:12 AM #10

One no one, (or maybe only any aristocrat or noble) has claimed previously I assume. Honesly, I imagine a lot of the good land people can find will be snapped up pretty quickly, though

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

3/28/2019 3:35:20 AM #11

Posted By Sir Zyr at 11:22 PM - Wed Mar 27 2019

One no one, (or maybe only any aristocrat or noble) has claimed previously I assume. Honesly, I imagine a lot of the good land people can find will be snapped up pretty quickly, though

There are REALLY large number of parcels in the game. I wouldn't worry about not being able to find decent farm land near a community for this package.

3/28/2019 4:29:58 AM #12

Posted By Cleome at 11:21 PM - Wed Mar 27 2019

"uncoveted" probably translate a standard or "common" level parcel without extra resources and not located in a particularly advantageous spot (for instance on an already established trade route or right next to the well in the nearby hamlet). A basic 100 EP value parcel.

Makes sense. Will there be a chance to buy coveted parcels during Exposition? I bought the farm which is the package I mentioned that comes with a parcel. I'm thinking I might like to get more parcels though, preferably next to each other so I can make a big farm.

3/28/2019 4:43:41 AM #13

I expect that you will be able to choose multiple parcels at the same time, so all the parcels in your farm could be contiguous. It would not be in anyone's interest to have single isolated parcels all over the place. I expect that when your turn comes to use your EP on something, you will have an opportunity to choose all your land at once. Of course this is speculation, but I'm comparing this alternative with that of everyone alternating choices, and the former makes more sense to me simply from a logistics standpoint.

3/28/2019 5:07:05 AM #14

Posted By Poldano at 12:43 AM - Thu Mar 28 2019

I expect that you will be able to choose multiple parcels at the same time, so all the parcels in your farm could be contiguous. It would not be in anyone's interest to have single isolated parcels all over the place. I expect that when your turn comes to use your EP on something, you will have an opportunity to choose all your land at once. Of course this is speculation, but I'm comparing this alternative with that of everyone alternating choices, and the former makes more sense to me simply from a logistics standpoint.

That's what I'm figuring as well, logic and all that. But I work for the Post Office so doing things the logical way doesn't happen LOL. One thing that really excites me for parcel selection when the time comes is the finite resources and the fact that I could randomly pick a parcel of land that has a valuable resource under it without ever knowing it.

3/28/2019 5:28:45 AM #15

Postal worker looking for parcels... of land.