COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
My art and a new frontier

Hey, friends!

I'm Bloodtruffle. I've played in lots of MMOs. LOTS.

I played Day-Z and got a taste of survival style games and loved it. I played MMO's for more than half my life and like the fantasy and community-building you find there. But the classic MMO play-style is getting old.

I want to feel like my character needs to maintain himself with food, water and comfort in order to live. I want to feel like I have something to do besides grind XP and crafting materials. So I'm excited for this here game and its emphasis on what seems like the realistic 'knitty-gritty.' Can I get an amen for armor getting dirty?? Oh, I'm also a roleplayer and like to tell stories and write.

Speaking of dirty armor--here's some art. I play ESO, so many of these works are based on my characters there.

Because my faith is growing in Elyria as a viable project, I'm starting to dip my toes into a character concept for the game. You'll find some art of him soon. :) Any good RP communities I should look into? I'm open to suggestions.

Alt text - can be left blank

Stay-tuned for more Elyria-focused art :) I'll open commissions soon too. Thanks, all, for dropping in!

3/23/2019 6:39:59 PM #1

Welcome to CoE, Bloodtruffle! Nice pictures! If you are looking for RP communities, you should probably mention, on which server you intend to play.

3/23/2019 7:05:34 PM #2

Posted By Noryn at 1:39 PM - Sat Mar 23 2019

Welcome to CoE, Bloodtruffle! Nice pictures! If you are looking for RP communities, you should probably mention, on which server you intend to play.

Thank you, Noryn! I'm still debating NA east or west (I'm central US,) but strongly leaning to east simply because it appears more populated? I'll figure it out eventually :) Just need to conduct more research.

3/23/2019 7:28:36 PM #3

Nice artwork. Welcome back to CoE. :)

In the absence of any game, whatever roleplay happens happens sporadically around here. But if you want to find a community with role-players in it, you'll have a lot of options.

What character concept(s) are you considering?

3/24/2019 1:40:28 AM #4

Posted By Hieronymus at 2:28 PM - Sat Mar 23 2019

Nice artwork. Welcome back to CoE. :)

In the absence of any game, whatever roleplay happens happens sporadically around here. But if you want to find a community with role-players in it, you'll have a lot of options.

What character concept(s) are you considering?

Hey there Hieronymus, thank you! :) I'm not 100% sure yet, as I don't know what types of crafts, skills, and spells you can peruse. Has Soulbound released a list of these? I see there is falconry for hunting, a type of alchemy set, etc. But do we have a comprehensive list?

I really enjoy a tailor/merchant concept, and I hope that can be accommodated in game.

3/24/2019 1:45:27 AM #5

Welcome back and your art is amazing ♥ Its wonderful to have more artists within the community ^.^

3/24/2019 2:04:41 AM #6

Posted By bloodtruffle at 8:40 PM - Sat Mar 23 2019

I'm not 100% sure yet, as I don't know what types of crafts, skills, and spells you can peruse. Has Soulbound released a list of these? I see there is falconry for hunting, a type of alchemy set, etc. But do we have a comprehensive list?

There's no final list since the game is still in pre-alpha development, but they did share some information about skills that can serve as a guide for you:

They may eventually release a comprehensive list of professions, but with respect to tailoring, it absolutely will be supported in the game and I absolutely expect someone to make me very nice things!! :D

3/24/2019 2:09:51 PM #7

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 8:45 PM - Sat Mar 23 2019

Welcome back and your art is amazing ♥ Its wonderful to have more artists within the community ^.^

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and kind words, Violet <3

3/24/2019 2:10:45 PM #8

Posted By Hieronymus at 9:04 PM - Sat Mar 23 2019

Posted By bloodtruffle at 8:40 PM - Sat Mar 23 2019

I'm not 100% sure yet, as I don't know what types of crafts, skills, and spells you can peruse. Has Soulbound released a list of these? I see there is falconry for hunting, a type of alchemy set, etc. But do we have a comprehensive list?

There's no final list since the game is still in pre-alpha development, but they did share some information about skills that can serve as a guide for you:

They may eventually release a comprehensive list of professions, but with respect to tailoring, it absolutely will be supported in the game and I absolutely expect someone to make me very nice things!! :D

Oooh, mama, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, dude!! Holy crap, I'm so excited for all these things.

3/24/2019 3:31:21 PM #9

Love the art and welcome!

3/28/2019 1:35:31 PM #10

Here's my Dras character I've been working on.

3/28/2019 3:16:49 PM #11

Dang. That's really good!

Are you going to sketch a body too or will it just be a portrait?

3/28/2019 5:30:15 PM #12

Hey there, glad to see another ESO player! I believe we're in the same MMO artist Discord server as well.

As usual, your stuff is very lovely! Excited to see what Elryia inspires you to do. I'm planning to main Dras as well, and your Dras WIP is awesome!

If you happen to post on DeviantArt at all, we do have an active CoE group there, too, with a number of wonderful CoE community artists: DA Link

3/28/2019 5:36:27 PM #13

As a Dwarf main the amount of Elfs is to damn high!

But seriously, these are really nice!

3/29/2019 12:55:41 PM #14

Posted By Hieronymus at 10:16 AM - Thu Mar 28 2019

Dang. That's really good!

Are you going to sketch a body too or will it just be a portrait?

Thank you!

Good art advice is never to start a composition from the head/face. But i can't help but zero in and complete that part of the painting! It's a rookie mistake. This is best just left as a floating head and I'll start a new composition where I'll flesh out the body and clothing first before starting with the details of a certain area.

3/29/2019 1:03:44 PM #15

Posted By Elsy at 12:30 PM - Thu Mar 28 2019

Hey there, glad to see another ESO player! I believe we're in the same MMO artist Discord server as well.

As usual, your stuff is very lovely! Excited to see what Elryia inspires you to do. I'm planning to main Dras as well, and your Dras WIP is awesome!

If you happen to post on DeviantArt at all, we do have an active CoE group there, too, with a number of wonderful CoE community artists: DA Link

Hey there!! Thank you for the kind words :)

I submitted a request to join the group. Thank you for sharing the link with me.

Lovely as always to meet a familiar artist face here in a new venture. Cheers! I look forward to seeing art from you, too.