COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Petition to SBS

The Problem

It always pains me when i see a sale with area specific items on sale. I never know if i will able to use any of them due to the fact i have not chosen my county yet thus dont know what will work for my county.

I am committed to a Kingdom so i wont know what lands i get to choose from till my King then my Duke select his lands. I am not the only one with roughly 70%(this number could be on the low side) of all title holders already committed to a kingdom there are alot of people in this boat with me.

Look i don’t blame SBS for this and i understand sales must go on to provide constant stream of development funding. Hell i try to buy what i can where i can feasible see it working in most biomes & i make quite good use of the 3k bundle when it comes in.

Solution?

i Feel it would be nice if at the end of domain selection when all title holders finally know what lands they have and can start predicting to a extent what they will need to buy that we do a Flash sale of all items that have previously been on sale, to give all title holders who could not have a chance to buy before due to waste concerns or budget constraints to have a chance to buy the things they would have bought if only they knew they would be in that biome.

Promote it in advance by email and web site news and i think you will find a massive boost in funding and also be a nice active boost for those who are not title holders who missed out on previous sales.

So my Request to SBS

Please Consider doing a Sale after domain selection has completed (say within a month to allow for slow pokes selecting) and Sell all items that have ever been in a previous sales event.

Limit Sale to a week or 2 as it is a limited chance for those who missed out on sales to get back in. (this should hopefully not affect your current sales campaign plans)

Hell i am sure most of us won't even mind if there is a 10% markup to give value to those who did buy in the original sales and this model fits in with your increasing Package prices as times goes on rewarding those who got in early.

In closing

I ask any one who supports this idea to place a post saying so and any suggestions you would like to Add. If we don't make posts in support then SBS will never see this thread or see there is actually support for this idea.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

3/26/2019 10:28:12 PM #1

I agree with this post

3/26/2019 10:37:40 PM #2

This isn't a bad idea, but at the same time, I do understand that there are items that they want to keep as one time sale items. I would definitely encourage them to do something like this with any biome specific items that they feel would not dilute what they considered as one-off sale items.

3/26/2019 11:09:59 PM #3

I think this is a great idea, especially when we have just before domain selection a sale that contains many biome specific trees, but will end before most players can assure what biome they will place in.

Without another chance to figure things out at the end I think it will just encourage aftermarket trading as I swap my Tropical for your Mild trees, and my Temperate for your Semi Arid.

3/27/2019 12:10:00 AM #4

I have never considered this a viable thing, simply because virtually everything (except for the exclusive once only sale items) will be available to purchase with EP and even if you're not someone that wants to save up a little more for a sale EP package, you can still buy items and trade them later with someone else that has what you want, if it isn't something you find out you can use.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7

3/27/2019 12:13:57 AM #5

no point in holding any promo if they will return in a sale tbh, also dont like people posting topics in the COE common room

3/27/2019 12:29:15 AM #6

I’m always up for a sale by SBS!

%5D(https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19014/naw-drakemoore)

3/27/2019 12:56:09 AM #7

I guess I dont understand, I'm a count and I still know where we are going. Most kingdoms and duchies should have a general sense of where they will be and end up. If your community is effectively planning you should at least have a rough idea. Then if something happened by chance you can trade, or sell it to buy the right ones later.

3/27/2019 12:57:31 AM #8

Will upvote because the post was thought out, consisted of a problem AND a possible solution.

From my stance - I do not believe this style sale is necessary due to the EP store catalog and that SbS intends to have EP store sales etc. This doesn't mean I dislike the idea or think SbS shouldn't do it just that I do not believe it is necessary.

3/27/2019 1:38:54 AM #9

I totally to agree with this post. I understand that SBS wants to continue a steady income and I love their choices. But trying to lock the items to a particular biome before we know for certain which one it is can bes seen as unfair. I agree that a fire sale after land selection would be welcomed, or better yet make tokens generic and be able to select the type of item once you are in game, such as which orchard do you want. Otherwise may be forced to multiples of items and that just won't sit very well.

"Count Eldric Blackmoore of The Haven, offering direct support for the Hunters, Explorers and Gathers of Elyria" the

3/27/2019 1:49:12 AM #10

Posted By Dariusacmar at 11:10 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

I have never considered this a viable thing, simply because virtually everything (except for the exclusive once only sale items) will be available to purchase with EP and even if you're not someone that wants to save up a little more for a sale EP package, you can still buy items and trade them later with someone else that has what you want, if it isn't something you find out you can use.

It was said at some point, that stuff sold via promotions, would work out cheaper that if bought later on through the EP store. So sure, can just buy everything later on a higher rate. But why they keep selling things, when I could argue the majority of people have no idea where they are going.. it's like the boat sale. "cool items".. but have no idea if I even be on the coast.

Posted By Ser_Ullsaard at 11:56 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

I guess I dont understand, I'm a count and I still know where we are going. Most kingdoms and duchies should have a general sense of where they will be and end up. If your community is effectively planning you should at least have a rough idea. Then if something happened by chance you can trade, or sell it to buy the right ones later.

Key words here General sense. While on OCE, all the kings have said where they plan to go. Well anything could happen between now and them really picking. Not every server is so cut and dry either, where all the kings basically know the IP of the others or have a pretty clear idea. But seeing as the OP is from NAW. My little knowledge of that server, got zero idea of the picking order there. So naturally, not so clear cut.

I see nothing wrong with bringing these items back after domain selection. They already have brought back so many other promotion items either way. Will make them more money, always a plus.

3/27/2019 6:23:14 AM #11

Biome-specific item are, at this point, only useful to members of high-influence kingdoms or as of yet unaligned players. Anyone in a lower-influence kingdom are far from guaranteed a certain biome, even if agreements have been made. Imho, this holds true for tribe and religion specific items as well.

It makes it easier no to spend, though. ; )

~has a boat, don't know if river~

Count Lofi of Skaaney, friend code 8766AA

3/27/2019 7:20:20 AM #12

One possible solution is a biome-unspecified package that can be exchanged for a biome-compatible package at redemption. Maybe this would have been the better way for SBS to go. I can see one downside to this method: a non-specific package does not grab interest the way that a specific package does.

I disagree that EP purchases would totally compensate for these packages. As I understand it, all EP-purchased items would need to be placed in Exposition. Promotion items may be redeemed and placed after Launch. If I am wrong about this, either in general or in the specific cases of agricultural kits, feel free to correct me.

3/27/2019 9:33:49 AM #13

Posted By Sullen at 9:38 PM - Tue Mar 26 2019

I agree that a fire sale after land selection would be welcomed, or better yet make tokens generic and be able to select the type of item once you are in game, such as which orchard do you want. Otherwise may be forced to multiples of items and that just won't sit very well.

This is actually a great idea, I find this to be a great way for SBS to make these sales go fairly to everyone. It would likely be a huge post though so maybe offering the tokens in combination of the individual items so you can see the details of each. Of course this wouldnt work for biome specific events and then would really on the shiny impulse buy or a general knowledge of which tribe you want to be.

Posted By Ser_Ullsaard at 11:56 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

Posted By Gunnlang at 9:49 PM - Tue Mar 26 2019

Key words here General sense. While on OCE, all the kings have said where they plan to go. Well anything could happen between now and them really picking. Not every server is so cut and dry either, where all the kings basically know the IP of the others or have a pretty clear idea. But seeing as the OP is from NAW. My little knowledge of that server, got zero idea of the picking order there. So naturally, not so clear cut.

I see nothing wrong with bringing these items back after domain selection. They already have brought back so many other promotion items either way. Will make them more money, always a plus.

Perhaps my post came out more rude than I intended. In NAE I can't say we know the IP of each kingdom and in some instances the king isnt even active enough to find out what they even want from their own people. But as a community we planned how we wanted to play together as a duchy and county. So we know the tribe we want and the biome they exist in. I imagine they should also have some sense what other kingdoms want too even without knowing IP if 3 kingdoms are going for a single tribe probably a safe bet to aim for a second choice.

Yes anything could happen, people are fickle and things could change but SBS has said many times they intend to force an economy to be developed, in which case you could then sell items with incorrect biomes to traders and buy others from traders. You can even buy something now and trade after selection.

I'm not trying to say things wont happen to cause an issue but there are options out there, and they make these items tradable for this purpose.

My argument is that the way it's done is balanced in probably the best way they could, they need to make you get excited about your biomes, and tribes. Need to make you think about it, talk about it and plan. Build the hype if you will. Plus it offers knowledge on different zones without them having to answer more questions. And then they made in so they can be traded if it doesn't work out.

3/27/2019 10:34:03 AM #14

@Ser_Ullsaard Your comment didn't come across as rude. Was just saying, that apart from people going picking their biome/tribe and hell with kingdoms. Most others would be clueless in where they could end up.

Personally, I just won't buy anything like this until I have selected. Not going to waste money. While I could trade it away out of game or in game. Really too much bother for me.

I just see how great these promotions will be, when we are all finally locked in. Which is at least soon enough, should be the last promotion where we have doubts.

3/28/2019 5:04:44 PM #15

Posted By Poldano at 03:20 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

One possible solution is a biome-unspecified package that can be exchanged for a biome-compatible package at redemption. Maybe this would have been the better way for SBS to go. I can see one downside to this method: a non-specific package does not grab interest the way that a specific package does.

I disagree that EP purchases would totally compensate for these packages. As I understand it, all EP-purchased items would need to be placed in Exposition. Promotion items may be redeemed and placed after Launch. If I am wrong about this, either in general or in the specific cases of agricultural kits, feel free to correct me.

Probably the best solution. I know I sat and thought about what package of tree seeds I wanted to get considering I have no idea where I'll end up in the game just yet. I settled on the temperate bundle because it seems like the most likely to use in more places. But had they made an unspecific package and you get the seeds that work best in the biome you claim them, it would likely make things easier.

And my understand about EP purchased items is the same as yours. Anything bought with EP during the Exposition needs to be used in the Exposition phase of development. Anything bought via the merchandise store (or is part of your chosen pledge pack) can be claimed at any point after launch (including Exposition).

One good thing is that at any point, you can give away the bundles you won't use. So, if you get the temperate seeds but settle in arid and you know someone that got arid seeds and settled in temperate, just trade with them. It's a bit of a solution.