COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Influence and rank

I see several people with ranks. It does not seem to correspondent with their posts. Why do some people have ranks, what do they do and how do you obtain them?

Then you have influence. I need f.eks 250 influence to get a portrait. How do I get influence and what other things can it be used for?

3/27/2019 1:57:17 AM #1

Ranks just equal how much influence someone has. This website explains it well.

Influence is mostly just for domain selection and sorting out the picking order. So naturally, higher up on the influence you are, sooner you pick. Going via the titles. So a high mayor, won't pick before a low count.

The best way to get influence is by spending money. $1 = 10 influence. But can get it other ways. Making CoE youtube videos/helping out on that wiki/reddit, making posts here. Get nothing close to spending money though.

3/27/2019 7:36:27 AM #2

The basic Explorer package costs $35, gets you 350 influence points (IP), and qualifies you to add a custom portrait. It's the fastest and surest way to do that, I think, because you don't have to wait for a personal decision from someone at SBS.

3/27/2019 11:16:03 AM #3

I can't see any explorer back, just the different pledges and items of the store. The basic pledge that gives you access at launch cost 45 dollars.

If I buy a pledge now, can I upgrade it later and just pay the difference, or will I have to pay the full amount?

3/27/2019 11:25:09 AM #4

Posted By Dida at 06:16 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

If I buy a pledge now, can I upgrade it later and just pay the difference, or will I have to pay the full amount?

Yes, you will be able to upgrade it later (for any packages remaining in the store present or future), and pay the difference between them.

3/27/2019 11:27:21 AM #5

You pay the difference. I know, I upgraded multiple times to reach my mayor package.

Also, for the various in-game merchandise (such as the explorer's pack) click here or the merchandise link on the store page. The sidebar will have various categories you can look at

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

3/27/2019 11:46:16 AM #6

Do you mean the adventure pack? You need a pledge to be able to buy that. Think I looked on everything on that site, can't find anything called an explorer pack and the only thing that cost 35 dollars is 400 points and the tryson mount.

3/27/2019 11:49:07 AM #7

Posted By Dida at 11:46 AM - Wed Mar 27 2019

Do you mean the adventure pack? You need a pledge to be able to buy that. Think I looked on everything on that site, can't find anything called an explorer pack and the only thing that cost 35 dollars is 400 points and the tryson mount.

He means the Elyrian pack.

It used to be $35 rather than $45 many many moons ago.

Coming Soon(tm)

4/19/2019 6:14:34 AM #8

If your pledge doesn't include land, what good is influence?

Beware small expenses, for a small leak can sink a mighty ship.

4/19/2019 8:53:37 AM #9

Posted By Zartav at 11:14 PM - Thu Apr 18 2019

If your pledge doesn't include land, what good is influence?

It's essentially forum points. Beyond land selection, it simply shows a persons investment (through money, forum discussion, community content, etc.) to CoE. At 10,000 it currently allows access to a group that has a little more dev interaction.

4/22/2019 8:45:56 PM #10

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/influence only thing u need to know atm.