COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN FICTION & ROLEPLAYING
Some subtle speculations about fanfics

I'll just be direct in this.

I was wondering if there would be any interest in a short series about the troubles of your everyday mercenary and how they react when everything goes to shit.

Second thing i was wondering about was if there was any restrictions. Since i will want to keep things real and believable in his short series, the characters would be using strong language (while not going overboard). I was simply wondering i what would be breaking some form of CoC.

Any replies will help immensely.

3/30/2019 2:16:54 PM #1

One of the best books I ever read was Sheepfarmer’s Daughter by Elizabeth Moon I'd read that.

I'm not sure if there's any ToS about swearing - I know I've sworn on the forum before so...

Coming Soon(tm)

3/30/2019 2:21:07 PM #2

To help you out, you can find the CoC here and the general rules for forum etiquette here

Specifically of use to you may be this tidbit from the Code of Conduct:

Be Civil and Respectful We are all here because we love what Soulbound Studios is doing with Chronicles of Elyria and want to be a part of it. Keeping that in mind, let’s treat one another kindly and with civility. It’s perfectly okay to state a disagreeing opinion towards something, but only if you can do so in a polite and courteous fashion.

Language: The CoE Forums are all about sharing your interests and thoughts with fellow gamers in a friendly atmosphere. To that end, excessive use of strong language will not be tolerated. However, we at Soulbound Studios believe that personal expression is important. As such, the occasional use of an expletive to help emphasis or enhance a statement is allowed. Expressive Language is okay, Explicit Language is not. Discretion will rest with the moderators and Community Managers.

Personal Attacks: Derogatory, offensive, and otherwise hurtful or inflammatory remarks are entirely prohibited. Attacks on the beliefs, values, ideas, race, gender, nationality, culture, sex, or any other element of individual expression will result in an immediate ban from the site.

The TLDR for this I guess is, this sounds like a great idea and strong language is definitely allowed in moderation :P I think there would definitely be an audience for this here if you wanted to try your hand at it.

3/30/2019 2:45:40 PM #3

Yeah its been a while since i read those, thanks bruv

3/30/2019 3:46:39 PM #4

You should be fine as long as the language is within reason. Using colorful language is not against the rules as far as creative writing here goes. I've been known to spin a yarn or two with some sailor language in them ;)