COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Purchasing Land for a Settlement as Proprietor?

Friends in Elyria,

How does a lowly Proprietor go about securing land to settle upon? I recall reading that we were soon going to be able to claim unclaimed parcels. Is this true, or have my eyes (once again) deceived me?

I must admit that I am finding it a bit hard to follow or understand what's going on, but I attribute that to simply not knowing where to look (first).

Thanks!

Al Tuyour

3/31/2019 11:45:41 PM #1

Gentry will be able to claim land during exposition (for EP or with ingame resources)

The claiming that’s about to happen is for those with titles. After those with titles have claimed the gentry will have the option to purchase the leftover titles

Coming Soon(tm)

3/31/2019 11:47:06 PM #2

Once exposition starts, those in the gentry will be able to buy land parcels with exposition points. How that will work or how you pick land hasn't yet been revealed as it's a ways off. Also, the Buy the Farm package available in the merchandise store (and possibly others in the future) grants the buyer several items as well as a parcel of land which will likely be picked during exposition.

3/31/2019 11:53:46 PM #3

Thanks, everyone! That makes sense. I'll just wait to see what's left over -- it'll probably be places nobody wants to go anyway, which is perfect if one simply wants to be left alone to thrive :).

Al Tuyour

4/1/2019 12:07:06 AM #4

There will likely be lots of places left to pick from when exposition comes around, including lots of good and prime parcels. Also keep in mind, during exposition, we'll only be seeing what's on the surface. CoE has finite resources and it won't all be visible with base technology. You could pick a desolate parcel that seems barren and worthless only to find out a year later that it's sitting on a huge deposit of silver or gold or some other precious resource.

4/1/2019 12:58:10 AM #5

Lord Haytham, there are many many parcels of land in Elyria. Do not fear losing out on getting decent parcels as any reasonable Count will sell you some decent parcels for a fair price.

4/1/2019 6:43:29 AM #6

IIRC each Count will have a land table at the county seat. Characters purchasing land will interact with the land table via some yet-to-be-determined UI to purchase land. I don't recall seeing or reading about any details on that UI, but I might not have been paying attention, so it might be worth your while to look for more information.

4/1/2019 5:00:30 PM #7

Posted By Tilarium at 12:47 AM - Mon Apr 01 2019

How that will work or how you pick land hasn't yet been revealed as it's a ways off.

It’s happening this month with the exact date to be announced tomorrow.

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

4/1/2019 5:13:28 PM #8

For nobility and mayors but not for us commonfolk. We have to wait until Exposition... unless I miss understand/missed something.

4/1/2019 7:29:54 PM #9

It’s happening in the early part of this month, with the exact date announced tomorrow.

4/2/2019 12:55:20 AM #10

Posted By Tilarium at 12:13 PM - Mon Apr 01 2019

For nobility and mayors but not for us commonfolk. We have to wait until Exposition... unless I miss understand/missed something.

No, you are correct. Parcel selection will be during exposition. Domain selection is what is coming up this month. Domains are places you control as a noble or aristocrat not land your character personally owns.

4/7/2019 10:00:39 PM #11

Ah, gotchya -- thank you, everyone, for your help and clarifications.

4/9/2019 2:48:54 PM #12

Posted By ZeroCool at 7:00 PM - Mon Apr 01 2019

Posted By Tilarium at 12:47 AM - Mon Apr 01 2019

How that will work or how you pick land hasn't yet been revealed as it's a ways off.

It’s happening this month with the exact date to be announced tomorrow.

I got an email today, which state at the 29th of April the Domain & settlement selection is taking place. I assume everyone got it but just putting it out for good measure

So I believe it will take longer as that for smaller portions of land to be chosen