COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
NPC Favor

Hey everyone. New to the community here. Finally jumped in with a pledge. I've been reading through as much information as I can (there's a lot) and thought I would throw out a question to see what people think.

So favor (how much an NPC likes you) seems like an important "resource" for interacting with NPCs. The example I found was regarding inheritance from an NPC. My question is what things can you do to gain (or lose) favor and what events will require favor? Completing tasks will increase favor but will all NPCs be willing to give you tasks? How about gifts? Can you throw money at NPCs to make them like you? Is just saying hi every day enough to build favor? As for where favor is used you will need it to inherit from NPC parents. I assume it's required to form a child contract with an NPC but what else? Could you use this mechanic to convince NPCs to move to a new settlement or start converting NPC Brudvir to the Virtori and name them the Axe of the Virtues?

The most accurate answer is probably just to wait and see but I like hearing the theories.

4/2/2019 9:04:41 PM #1

Theory time :-)

(1.) My question is what things can you do to gain (or lose) favor?

A. A number of things, from tasks, all the way up to and including the favor required towards nobility.

(2.) what events will require favor?

A. Child contracts, marriage, service, employment, soldiering.

(3.) Completing tasks will increase favor but will all NPCs be willing to give you tasks?

A. I expect not all will give you tasks, but the tasks you perform may grant favor to groups rather than just individuals. A town hero sort of thing.

(4.) How about gifts? Can you throw money at NPCs to make them like you?

A. I expect yes, to a certain degree.

(5.) Is just saying hi every day enough to build favor?

A. There will probably be a repeated interaction buff to favor.

(6.) As for where favor is used you will need it to inherit from NPC parents. I assume it's required to form a child contract with an NPC but what else? Could you use this mechanic to convince NPCs to move to a new settlement or start converting NPC Brudvir to the Virtori and name them the Axe of the Virtues?

A. I know they said there was a mechanic for convincing tribes to move.

4/2/2019 10:21:28 PM #2

A good resource is also the tribe write ups(at work cannot post them). Going against their believes is a good way to lose it. I'm assuming honoring them or following them would be a good way to gain favor.

NPCs can give us contracts, Fulfilling them should gain favor as well.

4/3/2019 2:53:15 AM #3

Thanks for the replys. Favor sounded more personalized per NPC but it could be affected by your fame or reputation to give you an opportunity to affect a group. I thought the method of moving tribes was to have PCs play a tribe they want and travel to relocate that character. Your mechanic sounds easier. I like the idea of each tribe/religion watching and judging your actions. So if you go hunting, Kypiq may lose favor but Janoa would gain favor. Then as rumors pass from NPC to NPC their favor could change.

6/16/2019 11:21:54 PM #4

Imagine a bug where the NPC’s get massive amounts of favour from tiny things-

PC- hello!

NPC- move, i want to sit down

PC- * pulls out chair*

NPC- OMIGOD FEGGING MARRY ME NOW!!!

PC-(is 15yo thief)

NPC-(is 98yo vicar)

" you underestimate my stupidity "

-runs through minefield-